Congratulations to the 4th and 5th biggest clubs in Scotland today

There’s been multiple non-match threads about Aberdeen this season at the slightest sign we might get relegated.

Compare with hearts who were relegated with 8 games to go and I’m not sure many people even noticed.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s been multiple non-match threads about Aberdeen this season at the slightest sign we might get relegated.

Compare with hearts who were relegated with 8 games to go and I’m not sure many people even noticed.

That demotion turned out to be the big reset that we needed. We got rid of the no-hoper Stendel, and we build the foundations of the squad that we have today. It also imbued us all with a wee sense of f**k you. We would maybe still be stuttering along without the improvement had we not went down. Maybe an argument to be had that by not getting relegated, it has allowed a pretty pish Aberdeen side to stutter along for too long without addressing their glaring and fundamental deficiencies? 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Technically your sharing so it’s only half a thread each

Really congratulations are due to Hibs and Dundee Unite for being the 7th and 8th teams to secure participation in next season’s top flight 

Aberdeen still have a little bit of work to do

Can't argue with anything you say. It highlights our predicament when you point out that United have secured their Premiership place before us, that's if we actually do.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Can't argue with anything you say. It highlights our predicament when you point out that United have secured their Premiership place before us, that's if we actually do.

Oi, that's my line!

17 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

They have won 3 trophies in 60 years. 

They are absolutely massive. 

Hence Dave McKay's great quote 

"Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt. And 3rd place, when you think about it,  is an achievement worth celebrating actually"

A trophy is ‘a bit much’, but I absolutely believe that little trinkets, (like wee bracelets or tiaras) would be a nice gesture, to appreciate the effort put in to avoid going down in the ‘Relegation Group’ of the SPFL Premiership. 

The semi precious stones embedded in the tiaras could be ones that are similar to the first team colours of the combatants. 💚❤️

I think if you get relegated twice in the current century you should get to put two wee stars above your badge similar to those which represent league or European trophy wins.

Except for stars above the badge it should be down vote arrows below the badge.

Hearts should get one designed and let the rest of us see what it would look like.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I think if you get relegated twice in the current century you should get to put two wee stars above your badge similar to those which represent league or European trophy wins.

Except for stars above the badge it should be down vote arrows below the badge.

Hearts should get one designed and let the rest of us see what it would look like.

Can you expand a little on this idea? 

What would a star for winning the league look like? Is this a thing anywhere?

we probably tolerate stars for trivial shit a bit too much in all honesty… like the friendly between the European Cup winners and the Cup winners Cup, or the titles bought by a completely new club pretending to be a winner of titles.

We could maybe just start giving stars out for not getting relegated? Quite the achievement, reading online forums…

Lonely All By Myself GIF

7 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

That demotion turned out to be the big reset that we needed. We got rid of the no-hoper Stendel, and we build the foundations of the squad that we have today. It also imbued us all with a wee sense of f**k you. We would maybe still be stuttering along without the improvement had we not went down. Maybe an argument to be had that by not getting relegated, it has allowed a pretty pish Aberdeen side to stutter along for too long without addressing their glaring and fundamental deficiencies? 🤷‍♂️

Terrific stuff, can’t wait to see how high you’ll fly after the next one. 

On 29/04/2024 at 13:12, tamthebam said:

Hence Dave McKay's great quote 

"Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt. And 3rd place, when you think about it,  is an achievement worth celebrating actually"

“Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey.” Hearts legend John Cumming uttered those words at the end of the 1956 Scottish Cup Final, which his team won 3-1 against Celtic after he returned to the Hampden pitch with blood streaming from a head wound

Can I just put on record how much I've enjoyed Aberdeen's terrible season. A really refreshing throwback to the pre-McInnes era. 

Hibs having a shite and miserable season is par for the course, so is less special, but enjoyable nonetheless. 

Edited by SEETHING

2 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Can I just put on record how much I've enjoyed Aberdeen's terrible season. A really refreshing throwback to the pre-McInnes era. 

Hibs having a shite and miserable season is par for the course, so is less special, but enjoyable nonetheless. 

Let the records show how much you enjoyed this.

You are also now entitled to stick a star on your forehead to signify this. It’s what big teams do.

3 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Let the records show how much you enjoyed this.

You are also now entitled to stick a star on your forehead to signify this. It’s what big teams do.

So that's what the problem is.