Ayr v The Pars- final Friday feeling

9 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Musonda is an excellent player at this level. He’s at the top of my list of players to keep. Him, Stanger, Mcginty and, if we sign him permanently, Sanders give us very solid options.  He’s got plenty of cover so I’m never bricking it when he’s out injured or away on international duty. 
It’s the lack of cover at full back that’s the issue at the back. 

We have the second worse defensive record this season and people are wanting the full defence re-signed for next season :eek:

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Musonda is one of those players who people will say wouldn’t be a big loss if he left, and then discover is a big loss once he leaves.

He would be my starting left back for next season based on recently.  

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We have the second worse defensive record this season and people are wanting the full defence re-signed for next season :eek:

The central defenders aren’t the issue. We lack semi competent full backs.
Stanger and Sanders have looked good under Brown. Besides the odd brain fart, Mcginty is a solid enough player. And Musonda is a really good player at this level.

We’re really weak in wide areas and that’s where most of the attacks are directed against us. Doesn’t help that our two wingers - who are both excellent going forward btw -  don’t provide any protection for the full backs either. That’s been the case for the last two seasons. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

39 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Musonda is an excellent player at this level. He’s at the top of my list of players to keep. Him, Stanger, Mcginty and, if we sign him permanently, Sanders give us very solid options.  He’s got plenty of cover so I’m never bricking it when he’s out injured or away on international duty. 
It’s the lack of cover at full back that’s the issue at the back. 

Frankie is decent and maybe could be a first class sweeper if we go 3/5 at the back . He deffo has the touch and passing skills to play in behind two big lumps who like smashing everything . Its the missing 50% of our games that is the issue .... I guess we'll know how Brown feels about that pretty soon .

Musonda has been ganting every time I've seen him, his performance at LB earlier in the season at EEP was probably the worst I've seen from a full back this season. 

It'd be nice to try and exploit that again. 

22 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

The central defenders aren’t the issue. We lack semi competent full backs.
Stanger and Sanders have looked good under Brown. Besides the odd brain fart, Mcginty is a solid enough player. And Musonda is a really good player at this level.

We’re really weak in wide areas and that’s where most of the attacks are directed against us. Doesn’t help that our two wingers - who are both excellent going forward btw -  don’t provide any protection for the full backs either. That’s been the case for the last two seasons. 

Oh I know we need big improvements in the full back areas, that's not under question.  However, we lose so many goals from crosses by a) not being able to stop the cross and b) our centre halves not being capable of defending the six yard box.  Morton goal in the 1-1 a prime example of centre halves not being able to close off their runners or get to the ball first.  Stanger and one other is absolutely fine for me.   

7 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Musonda has been ganting every time I've seen him, his performance at LB earlier in the season at EEP was probably the worst I've seen from a full back this season. 

It'd be nice to try and exploit that again. 

He was howling that game. And I agree, he’s a rotten left back. But then again, he’s not a left back…

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Oh I know we need big improvements in the full back areas, that's not under question.  However, we lose so many goals from crosses by a) not being able to stop the cross and b) our centre halves not being capable of defending the six yard box.  Morton goal in the 1-1 a prime example of centre halves not being able to close off their runners or get to the ball first.  Stanger and one other is absolutely fine for me.   

Stopping crosses would be the job of a full back. 

Don’t see what’s objectionable about having Stanger, Mcginty(or sanders) and Musonda as our three CBs. Those three plus two good full backs and we’d be absolutely fine at the back.

I wish we would kick off the rebuild with a bit of a marquee signing that will turn a few heads and a few further players our way.

Now, I know this doesn’t always guarantees success, but what does in the championship other than the biggest budget?

I feel it would be good for the fans and create a nice buzz that would get a few more season tickets sold.

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

wish we would kick off the rebuild with a bit of a marquee signing that will turn a few heads and a few further players our way.

Now, I know this doesn’t always guarantees success, but what does in the championship other than the biggest budget?

I feel it would be good for the fans and create a nice buzz that would get a few more season tickets sold.

Yes , like when the Moff and Geeg's returned from the Pars . Was buzzing for the season to start after those two came back .

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I wish we would kick off the rebuild with a bit of a marquee signing that will turn a few heads and a few further players our way.

Welcome to Somerset Park, our new signing James Caprington-arsecheek from Dorking Wanderer's 

12 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Surely that depends on who you replace him with?

Why would the club replace a defender when it has just re-signed versatile utility man Nick McAllister?

19 hours ago, Wacky said:

All fans are welcome at EEP,  including Falkirk fans 

Have 2 Paracetamol and a mug full of anti-slaver compound. You should be better for the new season starting 😃 

1 hour ago, North West said:

Have 2 Paracetamol and a mug full of anti-slaver compound. You should be better for the new season starting 😃 

I'm being inclusive because of these new hate crime laws.  It’s copious amounts of tramadol I’m needing after writing that through gritted teeth 😬 

20 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Get all this signings sh1te in the ayr thread

Soz Rammit. We just you guys would like to know what we are doing with the cash money you gave us for sleepy joe.

4 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Soz Rammit. We just you guys would like to know what we are doing with the cash money you gave us for sleepy joe.

Don't slag Joe as it will upset some who are still in love after he found his level last season. They've still to realise even if the manager now appears to have, that he's not cut out for the 2nd tier.

So, sun shining, mild weather and a sea of black and white covering Somerset Park - a very civilised way to end the season with a game of association football.  

3-3