Ayr v The Pars- final Friday feeling

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Nut. I'm not tuning in for this. Whatever happens it'll piss me off. 

Let the Geggan derby finish 1 each. Joe Chalmers for both sides. 

Stop moaning

First season back up for Dunfermline, I’m guessing where you have finished is where you’d have expected to after promotion? 
Obviously, like most teams in the middle section there will be a frustration that the league is crap and if only you’d got your act together for three weeks in a row you’d be in the promotion play-offs by just now, but mid table and not being seriously involved in the relegation fight, must have been most folks aim ? 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

First season back up for Dunfermline, I’m guessing where you have finished is where you’d have expected to after promotion? 
Obviously, like most teams in the middle section there will be a frustration that the league is crap and if only you’d got your act together for three weeks in a row you’d be in the promotion play-offs by just now, but mid table and not being seriously involved in the relegation fight, must have been most folks aim ? 

I'll take it considering we had a poor summer transfer window and very serious injury problems over the winter period..

We must improve next year though. Promotion play-off a minimum and the slow paced cautious stuff from McPake needs stopped. McPake has said we're in for a big summer, so that sounds like change is coming. Not sure how we do that, when a lot of the players we would want to shift have still got a year left. Interesting summer ahead.

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

not being seriously involved in the relegation fight

My arse knitting socks at 4.50 on Saturday would suggest to the contrary.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not particularly no. I cba putting up the stats again but by and large most title winning league one sides then challenge for the playoffs the following year, outwith Cove last year none have been relegated since the playoffs began so I'm not sure why that would be the concern. 

We were down in league one for a season, we had the title wrapped up miles in advance so our summer buisness should have been far, far, far better, the aim should've been to go for the playoffs. Airdrie who lost a couple of their better players in the summer and with a fraction of the budget have managed to achieve that, I'm not sure why any Dunfermline fan would be happy about them overturning a 20 odd point deficit. 

Take Falkirk next year, I'd be absolutely shocked if they were not aiming for the playoffs/title. 

We just look and feel like a poorly managed football club, off the pitch we're losing money, I don't doubt the manager has a decent budget but we manage to serve up insipid football most weeks. It's been a rubbish season tbh and I'm buzzing to see the back of it.

Fair play to the Pars fans heading along, I doff my metaphorical cap to Da_no_1 and the other fans heading along. 

Albinson

Stanger  Sanders  McGinty  Musonda

Dempsey  McHugh

Chalmers  McKenzie  Murphy

Dowds

Subs: Clarke, Smith, McGinley, McGeady, Tomlinson, Bryden, McRoberts, Amartey, (Youth Player)

Think it would be nice to give Albinson one last game since he'll be off.  McRoberts and Tomlinson to get a good chunk of game time.

43 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Dempsey  McHugh

Dowds

Subs: Clarke, Smith, McGinley, McGeady, Tomlinson, Bryden, McRoberts, Amartey, (Youth Player)

Think it would be nice to give Albinson one last game since he'll be off.  McRoberts and Tomlinson to get a good chunk of game time.

Agree it would be good to see Charlie off with a final performance. He’s not been at his best this season but over the piece he’s been a pretty decent keeper with some outstanding saves at times. 

9 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Agree it would be good to see Charlie off with a final performance. He’s not been at his best this season but over the piece he’s been a pretty decent keeper with some outstanding saves at times. 

He was very good at times. It's a shame that his form fell off a cliff this season.

On 29/04/2024 at 18:13, HoBNob said:

Take Falkirk next year, I'd be absolutely shocked if they were not aiming for the playoffs/title. 

They may be aiming for it, but John McGlynn has yet to prove he is anything other than a below average Championship manager. 

10 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Dempsey  McHugh

Dowds

Do you worry like most of us lower league teams that many of these players may not be there next year re budget( ie others may offer more to loan players ). Or is it a big meh- hopeless Season - good riddance?

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They may be aiming for it, but John McGlynn has yet to prove he is anything other than a below average Championship manager. 

I don't disagree with you at all. But the league is absolutely chock full of rubbish managers. He took Raith to 3rd? On there first season back up. 

44 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Do you worry like most of us lower league teams that many of these players may not be there next year re budget( ie others may offer more to loan players ). Or is it a big meh- hopeless Season - good riddance?

It would be really cool if lots of them weren't here next year. 

46 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Our problems have been the players we have contracted. 
All the players we may lose over the summer are probably replaceable to a degree. I’d like to keep Chalmers and Dowds, we know what they are capable of, but we need other options because they are not performing every week. That suggests they are replaceable. 
Our main issue is being able to identify and sign players that are better. 

45 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Ideally we can get rid of a couple who are still under contract, release a few who are going to be out of contract and get decent additions in that Brown wants, not anyone else. Everyone fit, I would say our strongest lineup is Clarke, McAllister, Stanger, Musonda, Reading, Murdoch, Dempsey, Chalmers, Murphy, McKenzie, Dowds

Replace the players in bold with new signings (may be harsh on Stanger) and sign the players underlined and I think that’s a good base for next season. Also depends what happens with Murdoch if he’s staying or going. 

On 29/04/2024 at 18:13, HoBNob said:

We just look and feel like a poorly managed football club, off the pitch we're losing money, I don't doubt the manager has a decent budget but we manage to serve up insipid football most weeks. It's been a rubbish season tbh and I'm buzzing to see the back of it.

This part of your post matches how I see and feel about the club.