Ayr v The Pars- final Friday feeling

9 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Ideally we can get rid of a couple who are still under contract, release a few who are going to be out of contract and get decent additions in that Brown wants, not anyone else. Everyone fit, I would say our strongest lineup is Clarke, McAllister, Stanger, Musonda, Reading, Murdoch, Dempsey, Chalmers, Murphy, McKenzie, Dowds

Currently a back 4 of Stranger McGinty, Musonda and Reading would be stronger. McAllister can pick the pre match tunes then conduct the singing in the SRE

Also Murdoch and Dempsey together doesn't work. I'd much rather have Syla in there with one of them. He can at least break an opposition attack down.

8 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Currently a back 4 of Stranger McGinty, Musonda and Reading would be stronger. McAllister can pick the pre match tunes then conduct the singing in the SRE

Also Murdoch and Dempsey together doesn't work. I'd much rather have Syla in there with one of them. He can at least break an opposition attack down.

You know, completely forgot about Syla :lol:. Agree with that. Although a toss up between McGinty and Sanders. I really don’t think McGinty will be here next year. 

On 29/04/2024 at 09:56, No_Problemo said:

Not having the Dunfermline fans revisionism on Joe Chalmers, you were all liking him last season so we owe you f**k all…

Not all, I thought he was fine but not particularly good. 

Anyway, Taylor Sutherland didn't play for the reserves on Tuesday afternoon and Chris Kane seemed to be saying his goodbyes when he was subbed off on Saturday so I expect the typing striker to start on Friday. The rest of the team will probably look very similar, so expect some slow plodding build up and Arsenal style goal kicks before we hoof it out for a throw in on half way anyway. 2-1 Ayr is my predicted outcome.

26 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Hope we make a move for Musonda.

He is good 50% of the time, injured 30% of the time, on international duty 10% of the time and tripping over his own feet 10% of the time. 
he’s a good Championship defender which are hard to replace but I don’t think many Ayr fans would mourn him leaving for too long simply because he doesn’t play often enough. 

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is good 50% of the time, injured 30% of the time, on international duty 10% of the time and tripping over his own feet 10% of the time. 
he’s a good Championship defender which are hard to replace but I don’t think many Ayr fans would mourn him leaving for too long simply because he doesn’t play often enough. 

He's been brilliant the last 4/5 weeks, especially at left back.  However as you say, he misses on average 15-20 games a season through injury and international games.  If he plays on Friday, that's 20 games from 36 in the league, 1 game from 5 in League Cup, 1 game from 3 in Scottish Cup and 0 in the Challenge Cup.  So 45 game season and missed 23, so just over half our matches he hasn't been playing.  He may have been on the bench for 1 or 2 and not came on.

Joe Chalmers was one of our best players last season.

This season he's not been great, but he's certainly not deserving of some of the pishy aggressive, singling out patter by an element of our support. 

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They may be aiming for it, but John McGlynn has yet to prove he is anything other than a below average Championship manager. 

Apparently hates consent too

45 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t think many Ayr fans would mourn him leaving for too long simply because he doesn’t play often enough. 

Musonda is the best centre half at the club. I really wish people would keep this "wouldn't mourn" pish for players who wouldn't demonstrably leave big fucking holes in the preferred XI if they departed.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Musonda is the best centre half at the club. I really wish people would keep this "wouldn't mourn" pish for players who wouldn't demonstrably leave big fucking holes in the preferred XI if they departed.

You have managed to miss out the majority of what I posted to come to this conclusion. 
he is good but can’t be relied on. Also, if he leaves, it’s not like the club won’t ever sign another defender, ever. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

he is good but can’t be relied on.

Good players who can't be relied on are typically high up on the list of players who are mourned when they leave.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Also, if he leaves, it’s not like the club won’t ever sign another defender, ever. 

Citation fucking needed considering he plays for Ayr United.

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He leaves massive holes in the XI when he’s on international duty or injured. 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not all, I thought he was fine but not particularly good. 

Anyway, Taylor Sutherland didn't play for the reserves on Tuesday afternoon and Chris Kane seemed to be saying his goodbyes when he was subbed off on Saturday so I expect the typing striker to start on Friday. The rest of the team will probably look very similar, so expect some slow plodding build up and Arsenal style goal kicks before we hoof it out for a throw in on half way anyway. 2-1 Ayr is my predicted outcome.

Ya big tease. I’d love Taylor to get a game on Friday night, so hope yer hinting at it comes to fruition 

30 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Better be prepared for an influx of Zambian supporters 

All fans are welcome at EEP,  including Falkirk fans 

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Musonda is one of those players who people will say wouldn’t be a big loss if he left, and then discover is a big loss once he leaves.

We are a better team with Musonda in it, but then miss him when not available. Therein lies the quandary.

I'm in the 'better the Devil you know' category.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Musonda is one of those players who people will say wouldn’t be a big loss if he left, and then discover is a big loss once he leaves.

Surely that depends on who you replace him with?

Musonda is an excellent player at this level. He’s at the top of my list of players to keep. Him, Stanger, Mcginty and, if we sign him permanently, Sanders give us very solid options.  He’s got plenty of cover so I’m never bricking it when he’s out injured or away on international duty. 
It’s the lack of cover at full back that’s the issue at the back.