Ayr v The Pars- final Friday feeling

Well I am very glad that nothing really rests on this game. I for one don’t think we should have been in the position we have been for 90% of the season as we should have got rid of Bullen before it all started. How do Dunfermline fans feel the season has gone? 

I am hopeful of a win but do feel it’s likely that it will end in a drab display from both teams and yes I know there are final positions to be gained or lost.

We at a minimum can bring back our main focal point hopefully we can get him signed up for next season along with Chalmers. 

going to plump for a 1-0 home win with a worldy from charmers being the only light from this game before he is announced as signing for a rival 

Well I’m hoping for a 5-4 goal fest with  a last minute winner for us, as it’s my birthday and the last game of the season.

I’m sure most of the players will have their foot off the gas with one eye on their summer holiday.

Might be a few not tied up yet looking to impress though! Fingers crossed.

Shite that the final games are on a Friday. I know that they have been for years but I don't like it. Would have went down if it was Saturday.

Anyway, reckon we'll get pumped. 3-0.

Things could be different from our expectations in this game. Pressure off both teams and that could lead to a great game with players showcasing themselves. We should get something out this game if McPake doesn’t play the utter keech in the middle (all Pars fans know who I mean) I’m backshift on Friday so won’t make it to this. But I hope it’s a decent game for the fans that make the trip. 
I’ll say 1-2 away win.

COYP 

8 hours ago, parsboi said:

Chalmers swap deal?   You guys still owe us.

whatever happens in this one, football will certainly NOT be the winner.

You’d have to give the entire Ayr board and management a full frontal lobotomy to consider that deal neebs. 

I get the feeling that Brown will have a proper go at this game . A chance at 5th will be his motivation . Of course  the Pars will have the same idea . Nevertheless  it brings an end to the season ,thank God . Then the fun and games begins on the transfer merry go round .

Actually looking forward to this most of the pressure off both teams though they will want to win for a higher league position and prize money but it will feel good not being have the anxiety of this is a must win game that's been there for the last 4 months, can see Brown starting a few of the young guys like McRoberts and Tomlinson knowing the pressure is off them.

Hopefully anyone that goes enjoys the game. But season’s done as far as I’m concerned. This game means nothing to either team. Hope we give guys like Andrew Tod and Taylor Sutherland a run-out. Let Max Little make an appearance too, while we’re at it. Let him make his first and last appearance for us in the same game.

Last game of the season with nothing to play for is a strange feeling after the last few years. We could end up 5th which would be a great return overall considering how disastrous our season looked at Christmas.

I'm kind of glad that is on the Friday night. Glad that no more weekends will be taken up by this season. Very much looking forward to seeing a rebuilding job over the summer.

Very much want to see us really go for it here with an attacking line up, and that's what I expect Brown to go for. We were decent yesterday, but without Dowds up top it just wasn't clicking where it needed to in the final third.

2 hours ago, AUcal said:

Very much want to see us really go for it here with an attacking line up, and that's what I expect Brown to go for. We were decent yesterday, but without Dowds up top it just wasn't clicking where it needed to in the final third.

Scored 50 goals this season ,only two behind Raith Rovers  and fourth overall in the division . Lost 58 , only team worse than us was Arbroath . Defence is  the main area of concern . However who doesn't like a striker that can get 20 goals or a midfielder that can get a dozen .

8 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Scored 50 goals this season ,only two behind Raith Rovers  and fourth overall in the division . Lost 58 , only team worse than us was Arbroath . Defence is  the main area of concern . However who doesn't like a striker that can get 20 goals or a midfielder that can get a dozen .

I agree that the defence has been the issue but I think this has been compounded by not having a settled back five all season and a total lack of protection from midfield. The back four of Stanger, Sanders, McGinty, Musonda looks solid but I don’t think it offers a whole lot going forward. Neither full back can deliver a cross into the box and there’s no speed there. 

We’ve lacked a consistent ball winner in midfield. Jack Young looked like he was coming onto a game but his passing let him down and was very raw. Syla has shown in flashes what he can do but I don’t think that’s his game. We could really do with a proper defensive midfielder who will win tackles and can recycle the ball competently enough. 

23 hours ago, parsboi said:

Chalmers swap deal?   You guys still owe us.

The word "owe" here serves as an excellent reminder that not only did Dunfermline take Slow Joe off Ayr's hands, they paid for the privilege.

In all honesty that Ayr could still finish as high as fifth (which is where they were two minutes before the end of matchday 36 last season) seems completely absurd. There's no point in not going for it. The difference in prize money could add about £1500 to the wage bill for next season.

42 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The word "owe" here serves as an excellent reminder that not only did Dunfermline take Slow Joe off Ayr's hands, they paid for the privilege.

In all honesty that Ayr could still finish as high as fifth (which is where they were two minutes before the end of matchday 36 last season) seems completely absurd. There's no point in not going for it. The difference in prize money could add about £1500 to the wage bill for next season.

Like i said.  You absolutely owe us for that one.