πŸ”΄πŸ”΅ The Caley v Morton πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Greenock is an international cruise destination.

You really want to go there?? We get tourists in fucking January 🀣🀣 Summer is heaving with people from all over the world 🌎. You got the river Clyde & that's it. 

I wonder if we will see some line up changes.Β  Pepple came on and scored a great goal but I'm not sure he'll be in from the start.

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

Ah, right. Understandable shifting of the goalposts as soon as your β€œpoint” is ruthlessly devoured.

I’m very much looking on the bright side. The prospect of Inverness’s relegation and implosion, if not this year, very soon, is a terrific thought.

Read my post, slowly if you need to, run your finger under it word for word if you must and then come back and retract.Β 

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

Read my post, slowly if you need to, run your finger under it word for word if you must and then come back and retract.Β 

None required for not accepting your misplaced, Celtic-esque cries of downtrodden victimhood, hotshot.Β 
Β 

You have a lovely evening.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Incredible that of the last seven clubs elected into the SFL, four of them came from the Highlands (or at least Highland League), two came from the borders and the last was newco Rangers.

I do wonder how, with such inherent bias in the game to the central belt, and west coast in particular, Highland clubs managed to defy the odds and get into the national set up long before a pyramid was put in place to facilitate movement.

Β 

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Nope, complete bollocks.

You’re the one who chose to allude to an anti-Highland bias in the present tense when in actual fact, it was a full thirty years ago that the first two Highland clubs were voted into the national set-up, we’ve had another two since, and the pyramid is now opened up to allow any club in (or back out as will hopefully be the case for Inverness with the money drying up).

I’d congratulate you on replying too, but let’s be honest, it would probably have been better if you hadn’t bothered.

I refer you to the above. If Sophia wants to refer to the current attitudes towards Highland clubs’ participation when in fact, they’ve had more than their fair share of opportunities for a full 30 years now, then he/she quite rightly deserved to be pulled for it.

What a load of crap.

Highland teams have been defying the odds for decades. Look at Buckie Thistle this season denied a chance at the play offs even though 5 teams already in the SFL have the same license as them. One of these 5 teams actually have a chance of getting into the Premiership.

Look at your buddy earlier County haven't even been relegated & we haven't even confirmed our status in the Championship & he's already moaning about trips to the Highlands next season.Β 

Cove for example aren't even a Highland team they just played in the Highland league cause they're a northern team.Β 

Peterhead is another one wouldn't class them as Highlanders.Β 

The only real Highland team that's been promoted to the SFL since 1994 is Elgin.Β 

14 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Β 

What a load of crap.

Highland teams have been defying the odds for decades. Look at Buckie Thistle this season denied a chance at the play offs even though 5 teams already in the SFL have the same license as them. One of these 5 teams actually have a chance of getting into the Premiership.

Look at your buddy earlier County haven't even been relegated & we haven't even confirmed our status in the Championship & he's already moaning about trips to the Highlands next season.Β 

Cove for example aren't even a Highland team they just played in the Highland league cause they're a northern team.Β 

The only real Highland team that's been promoted to the SFL since 1994 is Elgin.Β 

What a mess. Should’ve quit while you were behind mate.Β 

1 minute ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Β 

What a load of crap.

Where to start with this nonsense?

Buckie Thistle? Why not? Had any other team other than EK or Cumbernauld Colts, you know, the teams who have bronze licences, won the Lowland League, they’d have suffered the same fate as Buckie. That the SPFL allow existing members more leeway than non-members doesn’t constitute an anti-Highland bias. That’s only rattling round in the tiny minds of some of you lot.

Personally, I’m not happy that Buckie aren’t allowed to compete, but lifting the drawbridge from the SPFL isn’t exclusive to Highland clubs.

The guy commenting isn’t, and never has been β€œmy buddy”. He’s probably the biggest moon howler of a Morton fan on here, ridiculed by most of us. It didn’t stop an Inverness fan moaning in response when your club(s) chose within living memory to apply to join the national set-up, knowing that it would have involved travel.

Cove and Peterhead. It wasn’t anyone from the central belt that invited them into the β€œHighland” League. If you don’t want Aberdeenshire clubs in your local league, don’t accept them.

And if you do accept them, there’s a chance they might win it and, now the pyramid is open, get promoted, as was the case with Cove.

With Peterhead, I’m sure you’ll be able to provide a viable Highland alternative that put forward a better case than them for election in 2000 and failed?

All in all, a solid 1/10 for that absolute disaster of a retort, on the basis that you correctly stated that Elgin are the only real Highland team to come into the SFL since 1994. And what a success they’ve been.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

I have a limited knowledge of Morton’s squad but is that 2 centre halves, Oakley and the rest midfielders?Β 

1 CB. I'd imagine French will move to partner Broadfoot from his RB role with Blues moving to RB.

Should be fun..

4 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Greenock is an international cruise destination.

As is Invergordon a gateway to our beautiful Highlands and Islands for the cruise passengers.

What's on offer in Greenock? a tour of Branchton.

If Inverness don’t manage to overcome this Morton lineup, they truly deserve their impending oblivion. It’s a huge ask of Blues and French to perform to the levels required down that right hand side of our defence.Β 

Presumably Blues at right back, with French and Broadfoot centre back, Gillespie and Power sitting. That's going to be brutal, with Quitongo keeping his place ahead of Bearne also a surprise.

1 minute ago, Chicken Soup said:

If Inverness don’t manage to overcome this Morton lineup, they truly deserve their impending oblivion. It’s a huge ask of Blues and French to perform to the levels required down that right hand side of our defence.Β 

True.

Forward line is fine, midfield is slow, but respectable... but that back four is back to - and maybe even beyond - our ramshackle worst from the early part of the season.

Attack, attack, attack...

Β 

Β 

Fucking hell - that line up!

I was moaning at work about the choice of the live TV game being a dead-rubber with a trophy instead of one of a game involving one of the relegation-threatened teams.Β 

I'd like to retract that and say I'm now glad our game is not on TV.

… and of course Queens Park are winning.

Β 

Despite BBC saying β€œall eyes” would be on Hampden and Inverness, no mention of either game from commentators. Anyone able to say how the Caley are going?