Rovers 🔵 🦁 v 🍆 🎣🐠 Arbroath - Friday Night

On 28/04/2024 at 17:00, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder how we'll contrive to throw a 2 goal lead in ludicrous circumstances this time? 

Damn it, I’m not gonna be at the match, I told you!

On 28/04/2024 at 23:00, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder how we'll contrive to throw a 2 goal lead in ludicrous circumstances this time? 

I’m just glad we’re scoring two goals. 

I’m looking forward to the game and applauding the team off at the end for the season we’ve just had. I’m looking forward with anticipation to the play-offs. Could this be the year?

I'll be in attendance due to having a season ticket, may have just waited for the play-offs if I didn't have one. The game is a bit meh for me but would be good to keep a bit of momentum going into the play-offs, as above big applause at the end for a great regular season.

3-0 Raith. McIntyre straight down the tunnel without acknowledging the travelling support. David Gold and Aaron Steele the only players that come over to thank the support 

With the play-offs in mind in some ways  I would rather we shook hands on a draw today and reduced the chances of injury and suspension.

On 30/04/2024 at 21:03, lichtie23 said:

3-0 Raith. McIntyre straight down the tunnel without acknowledging the travelling support. David Gold and Aaron Steele the only players that come over to thank the support 

I’ll be disappointed if it’s not at least 3-0. We’re not playing well currently but this should be a team full of players who’re fighting for a spot in the playoff game, vs a team who most likely would rather not bother.

5-0

I hadn't realised quite how bad Arbroath's form was before and after that last meeting between us at Gayfield at the start of March. 

They were ten games without a win, then turn the game around ourselves to win 3-2, then lost nine straight leagues games since. 

Considering the context at the time, that must be our worst result in years? 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I hadn't realised quite how bad Arbroath's form was before and after that last meeting between us at Gayfield at the start of March. 

They were ten games without a win, then turn the game around ourselves to win 3-2, then lost nine straight leagues games since. 

Considering the context at the time, that must be our worst result in years? 

I'd probably say since losing to a Queen of the South side who were forced to play a 16 year old in goals and failing to register a single shot on goal. 

Before that it would be the 3-2 loss up at Brechin where Vaughan did his 2nd ACL. A completely rotten day.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4968749/ian-murray-raith-rovers-fears-five-players/

Be interesting to see how the defence shapes up for this.  McGill to step in at LB or a back 3 of Murray, Corr and J Brown?

Definitely the right call to leave anyone with a slight niggle out for this one.  Absolutely no point in risking serious injury ahead of the play-off games.

I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a more entertaining game than the last few.  Could do with a few goals to get the confidence up at that end of the park now that we're doing far better with (not) conceding goals.

Would imagine it'll be a back 3 of some sort potentially McGill or Smith as the LWB. 

Hasn't Mullen been out for a few weeks now? Losing track of games now.