Rovers πŸ”΅ 🦁 v πŸ† 🎣🐠 Arbroath - Friday Night

Might as well start a thread. Arbroath’s last game in the Championship before heading back to League One.

For us it’s the last game before the play-offs.Β 

Another dull draw or will there be some goals?

Would like to think we could sign off before the play-offs with a win and a few goals given that Arbroath have conceded 84 goals which is double what we have but who knows we are capable of anything, especially given our results against Arbroath this season.

This game is the deadest of dead rubbers.

The only question I have is for Arbroath fans. If the Dick had stayed do you think things would have played out any differently?

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The only question I have is for Arbroath fans. If the Dick had stayed do you think things would have played out any differently?

Probably would have lost the same amount but conceded less.Β 

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We would have still been relegated, but we would not have conceded nearly as many goals.Β  It was still the right decision to let him go, McIntyre wasn't a terrible appointment (at the time), but it just hasn't worked.

I've not bought a stream or made it to a game for weeks now.Β  I won't bother with this one either.Β  Β After all, if its a non-competitive dead rubber game that nobody is interested in winning, then why should I give the club my money?

Easy Raith win!

47 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Should have gone earlierΒ 

Rumours abound on the ICT thread that they didn't pay their players' wages last week.

An Arbroath win here plus ICT receiving a 15 point deduction for going into administration might just give you a chance of surviving.

23 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Rumours abound on the ICT thread that they didn't pay their players' wages last week.

An Arbroath win here plus ICT receiving a 15 point deduction for going into administration might just give you a chance of surviving.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Personally, I’d much rather we just proceed to League One and try and regroup. Β The laws of physics have finally exerted their sway and it’s been a bit of a struggle these past 2 seasons with ever diminishing returns. Β  We can harbour ambitions of being more competitive a step down (dangerous wish tho as Cowdenbeath, and Brechin have discovered in relatively recent years). Β  That plus a return to some more interesting places in the seaside leagues is the pull factor. Β  That said, it would be nice to avoid a tenth (?) successive defeat this Friday.

Β 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Given that Arbroath fans sing about Hammy winning the league at Stark's Park, does this mean we're putting you down at Stark's Park?Β 

Nah. You helped keep us in this league a little longer thanks to those 4 points you gifted us.

But we helped to deny you the title by dropping 5 points to us.

I've got hospitality for this game, shame its not the end of season party we'd hoped for, but i'd like to see us using a settled side and build some confidence and form before the play offs. We have 10 days after the game to prep for the winners of Partick and Airdrie so everyone will ideally be rested after this game.Β 

Problem is, right now I have little confidence in us producing a coherent attacking display and controlling a game. Our defence have stepped up in the last while, with some good performances, but they've had to because further up the park we've really struggled to make things happen as much and as clinically as we did earlier in the season.Β 

16 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The almost complete lack of intensity/drive when really needing a win against us suggested something wasn't quite right.

19 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Get they gingers took!

BBC One - Still Game, Series 8, South Africa, Winston can be very ...