Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

23 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Might as well get this bin fire started early doors.

Home win of any kind please. 

Thank you .

The last St Mirren v Dundee match thread gave bin fires a bad name. No reason to think this one will be any different. Already, you can sniff the interest levels from Dees and Smurrnnn fans are way, way, higher than our interest in today’s uglies threads.

Too early to get the thread bingo going?… Weegies. Celtic Shop. Booo! Weird lot. Weegie lites. Fcuking boooo! Moaning faced kunts, Paisley junkies.

…House!

58 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This is massive. Obviously we took a doing at Dens earlier in the season, and we're struggling for form, albeit were pretty good against Rangers today.

I'm pretty nervous, NGL.

Our recent form has been not too bad. Decent today, good first half away to Celtic and probably deserved at least a draw against Hearts. 

Recently we're just not getting the breaks that our all round play probably deserves, and hopefully that changes next week. 

Don't think our defence as a unit is performing anywhere near as good as it was earlier in the season. 

Not confident at all about this game.

Would help if we actually turned up for games like these.

Absolutely fucking shiteing it. Not because I fear Dundee or their side but because both sides are pretty evenly matched and this is as high a stakes match I can remember in terms of reward (ie, not just survival) probably since the 2013 LC cup final. I have two wants in my life as a St. Mirren supporter, I want a Scottish Cup win and I want to see us in Europe even if just one time. One is now so close I can actually believe it might happen which instinctively worries me. 

I suppose for us, we're in a position where best case scenario we can put it almost 100% to bed with a win leaving us going 5 clear at this late stage, with a defeat though we'd still only be a point behind with 3 to play so it would be out of our hands but not totally dead. We're stumbling over the line though, really.

My optimist says we get a massive away win, coming up trumps when needed. My realist says that I've rarely, if ever saw us do anything comfortably or with plenty to spare so the concept of us all but wrapping up a European place with 3 games to go is simply not on our agenda.

Score draw and everyone to go home with their arses still twitchy.

Looking forward to this one. Great to have 3 "provincial" clubs in the mix for European spots. We'll need to pull out a good performance to get something out of this. A draw isn't the end of world for us.

Think this is going to be a belter of a game with both teams evenly matched. I'm hoping home advantage counts here and if earlier on in the season is anything to go by we have a good chance - we're a better team now. 

Dundee win, McCowan and Bakayoko 2-1.