Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

10 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

As for the match any decent outfit would be filling the away end for a European showdown. 

Will be lucky to reach the 800 mark with this lot though. 

Shame, but it should be a good atmosphere none the less. 

Thank you. 

Shifted 1300 already, which is a good bit more than what the massive Dundee brought to Paisley 

50 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

Shifted 1300 already, which is a good bit more than what the massive Dundee brought to Paisley 

I’m fairly certain the game at Paisley was not a European showdown.

Thank you

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I'm hopeful we can pick up points against Hearts and Kilmarnock, but Kilmarnock are such a bogey team for us at the minute and despite probably deserving something from our recent game against Hearts, we came away with nothing. Dundee seem like a side that are more capable of grinding out a result than us.

I'm equally hopeful of points v Hearts and Killie but if we don't win on Saturday we need 2 more than you against them .  And we need to erode that GD and Saturday is a great chance to do that with the double whammy effect.  

I'm sure you'd bite our hands off for a point but we wouldn't. 

Edited by hk blues

20 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just for absolute clarity, you mean for them and not for us right? 🤣

Although after Hemming's performance yesterday, I wouldn't be too sure.

Only after yesterday?! His performances have been on the decline for months now. He causes more fear in our box when crosses come in than any other player in the league. 

42 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm equally hopeful of points v Hearts and Killie but if we don't win on Saturday we need 2 more than you against them .  And we need to erode that GD and Saturday is a great chance to do that with the double whammy effect.  

I'm sure you'd bite our hands off for a point but we wouldn't. 

It really is nicely poised. You'll have to come at us, for sure. There's a perception that we're better against teams that attack us because of the way we play, but I'm not sure how true that actually is. It hasn't translated into away form.

I just hope that enough of our big players are fit and on form. What's undermined our early season promise has been the loss of last season's Mark O'Hara, the loss of Strain and McMenamin, and Baccus's stop-start season due to frequent international involvement and travelling. All hugely influential for us and all, theoretically, back now for the run in.

11 hours ago, Div said:

Always look forward to a day out in Dundee, it's an absolutely brilliant away trip!

Completely different type of pressure in this one, it really should be enjoyable for both sets of fans with both teams going right at it.

Home side are rightly favourites, in better form than we are, and absolutely pumped us up there last time, but we've got big players back and whilst I think we will certainly concede on Saturday I also fancy us to score at least one ourselves too.

I'll go 2-2 with a last minute Toyosi equaliser sparking limbs in the Shankley, keeping us 2pts clear with 3 to play.

Totally agree with this. It is a totally different type of pressure that us Dundee fans haven't been accustom to for a good while. That's why I'm not really nervous about it, I suppose. Probably change on Saturday, mind you. 

19 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Totally agree with this. It is a totally different type of pressure that us Dundee fans haven't been accustom to for a good while. That's why I'm not really nervous about it, I suppose. Probably change on Saturday, mind you. 

Yeah it's literally going into the unknown. On a few occasions over the last couple of seasons when there has been something important at stake, a big home or travelling crowd, we have not got the result we are looking for. Hoping for a bit of a rub of the green this time and that Dundee feel that pressure at home we have sometimes struggled under.

Carson tends to blunder against the OF and St Mirren tbf. He's good for a few clangers a season, but he's still a top notch keeper. I completely understand why St Mirren fans don't like him, but I don't think a single Dundee fan would swap him for Zach Hemming.

Jon McCracken, however, has also been fantastic.

36 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We've asked Dundee for more tickets as the initial allocation is almost gone.

Superb. What was the initial allocation? Going to be a cracker with a good crowd by the looks of it.

10 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Superb. What was the initial allocation? Going to be a cracker with a good crowd by the looks of it.

Read that it was 1,300 given to us initially so we must be over the 1k mark sold now.

I hope the St Mirren fans enjoy their big day out at a real traditional stadium and with that real “big club” feel.

It’s really endearing seeing how excited their fans are for the event and reminds me of my first European campaign with the Dees many moons ago.

There’s a part of me that wouldn’t grudge the plucky underdogs their 2 matches in the sun, but it’s not a great look for Scottish football having these minnows in there when establishment clubs like Dundee, Aberdeen and Hibernian are not there - so with all that said I hope the wee Saints enjoy their day out immensely but leave having been entertained by a swashbuckling dark blue side and wish us the best for our upcoming European campaign. 

Thank You

Not being too clued up on European qualifications for obvious reasons what is the likely scenario for the 5th placed team, is it Connah's Quay/Rep Ireland team type game or can we expect any kind of glamour tie?

6 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Not being too clued up on European qualifications for obvious reasons what is the likely scenario for the 5th placed team, is it Connah's Quay/Rep Ireland team type game or can we expect any kind of glamour tie?

Similar to Hibs last season. 
Start with a minow - they got a team from Andorra. Win that and get a tougher team, they got Luzern from Switzerland which they won too, before getting bodied by Villa in the playoff round. 

32 minutes ago, Galajambo said:

Christ, choosing a preferable winner in this one is like trying to decide between asking Gary Glitter or Rolf Harris to babysit yer bairns :D

Lets Go GIF by Macklemore

You got any tips for getting at least a draw from a big game at Dens?

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

I hope the St Mirren fans enjoy their big day out at a real traditional stadium and with that real “big club” feel.

It’s really endearing seeing how excited their fans are for the event and reminds me of my first European campaign with the Dees many moons ago.

There’s a part of me that wouldn’t grudge the plucky underdogs their 2 matches in the sun, but it’s not a great look for Scottish football having these minnows in there when establishment clubs like Dundee, Aberdeen and Hibernian are not there - so with all that said I hope the wee Saints enjoy their day out immensely but leave having been entertained by a swashbuckling dark blue side and wish us the best for our upcoming European campaign. 

Thank You

Is “real traditional stadium” new terminology for dilapidated shitehole with a cabbage patch in the middle?