Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

18 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

No baka no top six.

No woman no cry.

No celtic shop no St Mirrens grund.

.....and who was it using the Green cheeks covers just a few weeks back?

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

I hope the St Mirren fans enjoy their big day out at a real traditional stadium and with that real “big club” feel.

It’s really endearing seeing how excited their fans are for the event and reminds me of my first European campaign with the Dees many moons ago.

There’s a part of me that wouldn’t grudge the plucky underdogs their 2 matches in the sun, but it’s not a great look for Scottish football having these minnows in there when establishment clubs like Dundee, Aberdeen and Hibernian are not there - so with all that said I hope the wee Saints enjoy their day out immensely but leave having been entertained by a swashbuckling dark blue side and wish us the best for our upcoming European campaign. 

Thank You

has the game been switched to tannadice?

St Mirren absolutely have to win this. Can't wait for the scenes on the last game of the season when it's still all to play for and Derek McInnes fields half a team and no goalkeeper to help his pal Doc.

This is one of those "should be on the telly" games. Proper fitba. Two sides with something to play for that can both play a bit.

The last big meaningful game between the sides saw Cody Cooke score the sloppiest hat trick of all time.

Dundee 2-3 St Mirren. James Scott hat trick.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Similar to Hibs last season. 
Start with a minow - they got a team from Andorra. Win that and get a tougher team, they got Luzern from Switzerland which they won too, before getting bodied by Villa in the playoff round. 

As both teams have zero UEFA club coefficient would that mean we'd be more likely to draw a tougher team in that first round, or does Scotland's collective coefficient's high standing currently lift us above those teams in seedings?

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Mirren absolutely have to win this. Can't wait for the scenes on the last game of the season when it's still all to play for and Derek McInnes fields half a team and no goalkeeper to help his pal Doc.

Doc saying on the Open Goal interview that McInnes is the most competitive animal alive didn't help my confidence on any leniancy from them even if it's a dead rubber for them. We're still due our yearly result at Tynecastle after the near miss last time.

3 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The last big meaningful game between the sides saw Cody Cooke score the sloppiest hat trick of all time.

That game meant nothing for us, beyond introducing some of our young talent like Robertson and Mulligan, and Cameron would've played too if Darren O'Dea didn't decide to get sent off in his last game.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As both teams have zero UEFA club coefficient would that mean we'd be more likely to draw a tougher team in that first round, or does Scotland's collective coefficient's high standing currently lift us above those teams in seedings?

You take the Scottish collective coefficient so who ever becomes N4 will as it stands be a seed in R2, it all depends who qualifies in the next month

This site gives you weekly updates as it all pans out https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedco2024.html

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Similar to Hibs last season. 
Start with a minow - they got a team from Andorra. Win that and get a tougher team, they got Luzern from Switzerland which they won too, before getting bodied by Villa in the playoff round. 

Worth going for then even though I'd guess the first round will end up in the middle of my holiday to Turkey, unless we get a Turkish team in which case the missus will need to manage to entertain herself for a couple of days.

See U GIF by TikTok

On another note there can't be many that can say they've seen Dundee and St. Mirren play in Europe, I've seen Dundee a few times but I was also lucky enough to be at the St. Mirren v Feyenoord game in 83, I went with an Arab mate I was at college with, we went to see Johan Cruyff who didn't disappoint.

Sunday will finish 3-3.

5 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I hope the St Mirren fans enjoy their big day out at a real traditional stadium and with that real “big club” feel.

It’s really endearing seeing how excited their fans are for the event and reminds me of my first European campaign with the Dees many moons ago.

There’s a part of me that wouldn’t grudge the plucky underdogs their 2 matches in the sun, but it’s not a great look for Scottish football having these minnows in there when establishment clubs like Dundee, Aberdeen and Hibernian are not there - so with all that said I hope the wee Saints enjoy their day out immensely but leave having been entertained by a swashbuckling dark blue side and wish us the best for our upcoming European campaign. 

Thank You

Behave! You're not even the biggest club on your street... 🤣

I see McCracken's been your number one recently. What's happened to Carson? His Twitter account's gone, too:

https://twitter.com/trevorcarson24?lang=en

Edit:

According to Twitter he's been injured. However, he was on the bench as recently as 17th April...against Rangers:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68789796

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I see McCracken's been your number one recently. What's happened to Carson? His Twitter account's gone, too:

Edit:

According to Twitter he's been injured. However, he was on the bench as recently as 17th April...against Rangers:

:lol:

Do you have posters of the boy on your walls to chuck darts at?

He's left, let it go.

2 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Edit:

Fucking state of that.

Searching his Twitter, finding out he no longer has it and still posting a link that you've saved of his profile AND a shite attempt at using Dundee United as a put down.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fucking state of that.

Searching his Twitter, finding out he no longer has it and still posting a link that you've saved of his profile AND a shite attempt at using Dundee United as a put down.

Mate, objectively speaking Dundee Utd are a bigger club than you as measured by pretty much any metric you want to use:

- they have a bigger ground

- higher attendances

- won more trophies & more recently, including a UEFA Cup final

You quite literally aren't the biggest club on your street😂

Added to that your pitch is an embarrassment to Scottish fitba & claiming it is a result of global warming was one of the funniest things, given your neighbour's pitch is like a bowling green. 🤡

As for Carson, he left in a huff because he got dropped for one game. You did us a massive favour by taking him off our hands & it's great to read that he's now sitting on the bench. He's a clown, which is quite appropriate given your club's a circus. 😊

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Mate, objectively speaking Dundee Utd are a bigger club than you as measured by pretty much any metric you want to use:

- higher attendances

Added to that your pitch is an embarrassment to Scottish fitba & claiming it is a result of global warming was one of the funniest things, given your neighbour's pitch is like a bowling green. 🤡

As for Carson, he left in a huff because he got dropped for one game. You did us a massive favour by taking him off our hands & it's great to read that he's now sitting on the bench. He's a clown, which is quite appropriate given your club's a circus. 😊

They haven’t won more trophies there ground isn’t bigger remember our ground has held more than 43000 in it they didn’t win the uefa final they get bigger crowds at the moment 

5 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Black and White stripes rising to the lazy bait.

Delicious.

Thank you

This is woeful, woeful patter. 

6 hours ago, Vicdfc said:

They haven’t won more trophies there ground isn’t bigger remember our ground has held more than 43000 in it they didn’t win the uefa final they get bigger crowds at the moment 

they’ve been getting bigger crowds than you for the last 40 years😂

8 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

- higher attendances

So let me get this right, after being called out for stalkerish behaviour of still having the link for an old Twitter account (so a dead link, which is no longer just searchable) of a former player you don't like, your response is, 'Haha, a team nearby you has more seats!'

As I say, what a fucking state.