Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Now you’re talking…….the pipe of peace! ✌️ 

Cheech and Chong eat yer heart out 🥰 

Black and white trainers optional.

IMG_9415.thumb.jpeg.5a37e55e465f1f3625ab794930846bc4.jpeg

For all that is a lovely looking tattoo it is negated by they troosirs!

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Agreed. It's an absolute fucking shambles. 

I can't even remember what I thought of the decision at the time but regardless the fact they've flip flopped on the decision months later after upholding the appeal and you've wasted your money is nothing short of disgraceful.

The only slight grey area was that Bolton was already on a booking and the foul in question technically was a booking in itself so he would have been sent off for a 2nd yellow.

The fact it was a straight red though, meant he automatically missed the next game away at Livi. The appeal to downgrade was made on the understanding that even if it was downgraded to a yellow, it would have been a second yellow but crucially, he would not have been suspended immediately for the trip to Livingston and instead would miss the home game vs St. Johnstone which is what St. Mirren were happy to accept and made the appeal on that basis.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He committed a foul in the 2-0 win a few weeks back and was shown a straight red late on. We then lost Bolton for the game at Livi on the Saturday which we lost 1-0.

VAR told ref to go to monitor and ref did. Then upheld the red.

Then we appealed the red and the decision was not overturned.

Now we are told two months later that the decision was wrong. Despite it going through 3 levels of checks/appeal and the SFA and referee who issued the red incorrectly refusing to back down. To me the fact that it failed the appeal and then they admit they were wrong is the part that's absolutely unbelievable. At the very least, we should be refunded the money for the appeal.

IIRC Bolton had received an initial yellow card which was dubious.

The second challenge was certainly a yellow which would still have resulted in a red card and a suspension. The fact that even after the ref reviewed it he stuck with his original decision.

The straight red led to a longer suspension which caused us issues as we were lacking Ryan Strain. 

Have I got that right?

Another decision that went against us was a penalty denied against McMenamin which we lost 2-1 at home to Hearts. The following day the exact same scenario resulted in a penalty for The Rangers. Not sure if that’s included in the table but it demonstrates how VAR operates for different clubs. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The only slight grey area was that Bolton was already on a booking and the foul in question technically was a booking in itself so he would have been sent off for a 2nd yellow.

The fact it was a straight red though, meant he automatically missed the next game away at Livi. The appeal to downgrade was made on the understanding that even if it was downgraded to a yellow, it would have been a second yellow but crucially, he would not have been suspended immediately for the trip to Livingston and instead would miss the home game vs St. Johnstone which is what St. Mirren were happy to accept and made the appeal on that basis.

Bugger. Just read this after writing my post. 😜 

Sorry.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

image.jpeg.1d7f2c36739e54dded0020b30f21a4ea.jpeg.32cb526a484c75db8bf6bce4cda6213c.jpeg

Dundee better worry.

Only four league games left for these VAR wrong decisions to even themselves out over the season so surely we're due to be gifted one or two utter howlers our way on Saturday.

In all honesty, we should be at least 4 points better off from those decisions that SPFL have admitted they got wrong which is truly frustrating.

On the plus side, we actually have justification for being the most moaning faced supporters in the league.

Incredible that with the benefit of extra refs, cameras, time etc. that VAR still manages to get 26 decisions completely wrong.

That level of incompetence is quite impressive. 

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Incredible that with the benefit of extra refs, cameras, time etc. that VAR still manages to get 26 decisions completely wrong.

It's not just the fact that incorrect decisions are made. You will always have debate and interpretation of incidents leading to some degree of inconsistency but it's the almost farcical manner of the ones they get wrong.

Aside from the red card and failed appeal described above, the handball at County which the SFA plainly admitted they totally missed because they were looking directly at the incident but never saw it as they were looking for a shirt pull and the double hit for the penalty vs Aberdeen were both comically bad.

10 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

As much as I like the poster Ludo, there’s nae need ever to be in the grammar and spelling police , I like you insaintee think it’s a last grasp at straws , sorry Ludo but it’s a pet hate of mines 

It's mine, not mines.

Sorry - couldn't resist!

18 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'll take the Saints-loaded XI and zero administrations, cheers.

I genuinely don't think there would be any Saints in a joint team. It certainly wouldn't be loaded with Saints 😂 

Thank you 

18 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you only including players who were great players for Dundee or are you including has-beens who helped you go bust?

Assuming the former, I'll give you Dave Mackay, Alan Gilzean and Gordon Strachan. The rest of the team would be Buddies. Actually thinking about it, Frank McAvennie or Dougie Somner would probably oust Gilzean for the striker role.

I know you were joking about Yardley and I know he scored a lot of goals for us, but if I was to name the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best saints teams of all time, sadly the big man would not feature in any of them.

This is brilliant 😂 

Dave Mackay wouldn't even be in the top 200 Dundee players never mind a dual team. 

Gordon Strachan wouldn't get anywhere near the team too. 

As for comparing Gilzean to McAvennie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I liked McAvennie but Gilzean was on a different level to him. As was Billy Steel, John Duncan, Tommy Coyne and Sofian Moussa...

I'm thinking Billy Stark might be the only Saint to make the squad. 

We're bigger than Saints in every way. More trophies, more fans, more European adventures and more administrations. 

1 hour ago, Derryboy62 said:

This is brilliant 😂 

Dave Mackay wouldn't even be in the top 200 Dundee players never mind a dual team. 

Gordon Strachan wouldn't get anywhere near the team too. 

As for comparing Gilzean to McAvennie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I liked McAvennie but Gilzean was on a different level to him. As was Billy Steel, John Duncan, Tommy Coyne and Sofian Moussa...

I'm thinking Billy Stark might be the only Saint to make the squad. 

We're bigger than Saints in every way. More trophies, more fans, more European adventures and more administrations. 

Dave would be in the top 200 right backs though , maybe around 14th or 15th  right backs for the Dees and that’s only in my time from around 1960 

1 hour ago, Derryboy62 said:

I genuinely don't think there would be any Saints in a joint team. It certainly wouldn't be loaded with Saints 😂 

Thank you 

Harsh - Billy Thomson might get a place on the bench. 

10 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

26 they admit to. There's a heap that most right minded folks, as well as the Micheal Stewart's of this world, would add to that list

36 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'd happily accept permanent relegation to never have to share a thread with Dundee fans' patter ever again TBH.

That wont work. Unless your talking about third tier and even then... 

Blatant trolling aside I like St Mirrens team this year - their manager is a p***k and their fans on here transcend that title but overall there’s a lot to like about St. Mirren this season.

I’ve been a Dundee fan long enough to suspect we might actually go and do the business this weekend - only to blow it in spectacular fashion / St. Mirren get a wild and unexpected result to pip us - and I wouldn’t grudge them it as they have led the way for most of the season.

A good crowd, a cracking atmosphere, 2 teams entertaining the fans and a lovely spell of weather played on the most (in)famous pitch in the UK at the moment - what’s not to like. 

I will not be in attendance due to other footballing commitments so if someone could please give a 2 handed - 1 finger salute to the away end whilst screaming “Thank you” on my behalf it would be appreciated.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Blatant trolling aside I like St Mirrens team this year - their manager is a p***k and their fans on here transcend that title but overall there’s a lot to like about St. Mirren this season.

I’ve been a Dundee fan long enough to suspect we might actually go and do the business this weekend - only to blow it in spectacular fashion / St. Mirren get a wild and unexpected result to pip us - and I wouldn’t grudge them it as they have led the way for most of the season.

A good crowd, a cracking atmosphere, 2 teams entertaining the fans and a lovely spell of weather played on the most (in)famous pitch in the UK at the moment - what’s not to like. 

I will not be in attendance due to other footballing commitments so if someone could please give a 2 handed - 1 finger salute to the away end whilst screaming “Thank you” on my behalf it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Big Team found