Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

31 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In terms of how Celtic and Rangers impact the race between us and Dundee, the ideal scenario for us would be as follows.

This weekend -Rangers beat Killie and Celtic draw with Hearts.

Next game - Draw between them.

Next games - Rangers beat Dundee and Celtic beat Killie.

Next games - Rangers lose to Hearts and Celtic beat Dundee to win the league.

Final game - champions Celtic turn up smelling like a barman’s tie and still hawf pished. 

Job done. 👍

Job is a botch job sadly.  Got the fixture dates mixed up and Dundee don't play Celtic again

Apart from that it's a good effort...

7 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

Job is a botch job sadly.  Got the fixture dates mixed up and Dundee don't play Celtic again

Apart from that it's a good effort...

Doh!! 🤦‍♂️

In fairness the point was Celtic winning that particular fixture rather than it necessarily being against Dundee.

My failure is still duly noted tho! 👍🤣

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Doh!! 🤦‍♂️

In fairness the point was Celtic winning that particular fixture rather than it necessarily being against Dundee.

My failure is still duly noted tho! 👍🤣

I get it Buddie, the excitement of potentially reaching Europe is making our brains malfunction lol 😂 

58 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

They got to the UEFA final though , and European cup semi finalists like yourselves.

Over that period they were more of a European force that yourselves 

Probably true, though top achievements are not by that much. We made the Fairs Cup semis in 68.  What Utd have done better is their consistency in at least qualifying for Europe over an extended period which we struggled to do.

22 minutes ago, Tam Carsons Neck said:

Anyone know how many points Saints were ahead of us after they beat us 2-0 in February?

If memory serves me correctly it took us 9 points clear, though Dundee had 1 or possibly 2 games in hand.

38 minutes ago, Tam Carsons Neck said:

Anyone know how many points Saints were ahead of us after they beat us 2-0 in February?

15 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If memory serves me correctly it took us 9 points clear, though Dundee had 1 or possibly 2 games in hand.

Well remembered Hendo!

IMG_9546.png

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Love to see it. For all the talk of this being a ‘showdown’ the only result that would decide things is a Saints win.  Dundee aren’t making up a five point deficit in three games, two of which are at ibrox and Tynecastle, if we get three points, it’s over. 

A draw would certainly put us in the driving seat, but a two point lead with three games to go is far from decisive. A Dundee win would put them just one point ahead with a worse goal difference. Unlike Dundee, we could lose tomorrow and still finish 5th. 
We haven’t won a game for over two months, it feels like a long time. We will need to win one of these last four to get top five, might aswell make it tomorrow and we can get the passports out. 

A fair summary, we can all but put it to bed with a win tomorrow.

A loss wouldn't settle anything though I honestly feel it would be disastrous mentally for us. But with a point in it and three games to go, it would still be all to play for though Dundee would have that massive psychological edge on us.

2 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

They got to the UEFA final though , and European cup semi finalists like yourselves.

Over that period they were more of a European force that yourselves 

And most of us Dees would agree with that last sentence but the claim that they won a euro final is just fantasy and was quite rightly called out.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

And most of us Dees would agree with that last sentence but the claim that they won a euro final is just fantasy and was quite rightly called out.

In fairness I don’t think the post specifically said they won it, but I can see how it could easily be interpreted that way. 
I don’t think the poster actually thought they’d won it. You wouldn’t say a team won a UEFA Cup final. You would just say they won the UEFA Cup. 

Anyone else think the game had been called off when they read the first few words of this tweet?

IMG_6989.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Anyone else think the game had been called off when they read the first few words of this tweet?

IMG_6989.jpeg

Huge travelling support where could it all go wrong😭

38 minutes ago, Lex said:

IMG_6989.jpeg

Only folk who have to trace their finger along the screen while they read, would be my guess 😜

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lex said:

IMG_6989.jpeg

WTF, why didn't Dundee just give us the tickets for the full stand in the first place. What's the contingency if the stand now sells out, will there be a section of the main stand kept free in case ?

ETA what kind of crowd are we looking at,  surely got to close to 10k ???

Edited by Billy Jean King

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

WTF, why didn't Dundee just give us the tickets for the full stand in the first place. What's the contingency if the stand now sells out, will there be a section of the main stand kept free in case ?

ETA what kind of crowd are we looking at,  surely got to close to 10k ???

No doubt you’ll bring a good crowd , but no danger you’ll sell out the shankly 

17 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

No doubt you’ll bring a good crowd , but no danger you’ll sell out the shankly 

There's definitely a shout of 2k plus.

We've probably sold most of the allocation of tickets out and the announcement of a cash gate should add a few hundred more in the away end. So you're looking then at about two thirds or three quarters full?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

There's definitely a shout of 2k plus.

We've probably sold most of the allocation of tickets out and the announcement of a cash gate should add a few hundred more in the away end. So you're looking then at about two thirds or three quarters full?

Yeh the Shankly holds about 3000.  If you bring about 2200, total crowd will probably be something like 8000-8500.

Edited by stu2910