24/25 - New Kits

14 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Interestingly our kit doesn’t really have anything to do with Joma. We have a deal with Football Nation who do the arranging & manufacturing, and it’s them who have a license agreement with Joma to put the badge on it.

Also the kits are exactly the same garment as last year, just with the colour of the collar and the logo placement changed (haven’t seen the kit so unsure if it has the panels down the side).

I don’t think that’s correct when it comes to the manufacturing point. FN definitely run things on the Club Shop side, but they need to find a manufacturer who can make bespoke kits. Seems to be fewer and fewer of those. If you look at our home top, the shorts and socks are just Joma catalogue. It’s a shame the Joma Logo is white on them and not matching the badge/joma logo on the top.

Usually we have Bespoke home and away then 3rd kit out of the Manufacturer’s standard catalogue. 

FN have been great. Little touches like the badge being embroidered rather than screen printed. Only mid step was that horrendous non-diamond shirt! 

Edited by CapitalDiamond

22 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

GST3nF2XMAAiZEm.jpg

Mate, if this was a horse race, your entry has fallen at the first hurdle and broken all four of its legs. The vets are now putting the sheets around it just prior to putting it out of its misery.

Airdrie win purely for the collar.

i keep looking at the Livi sponsor and seeing “Livi Self Ownage”.  Could be that Livi’s history goes ahead of them.

From the Twitter thread on tonight's game, it looks like Accies have listened and added another white hoop at the top. Still pretty awful for our anniversary year but a little better at least.

Thought it looked much better tonight and the "tweaks" promised at the forum were delivered. Makes the "launch" before the kits were ready even more confusing tbh.

2 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

From the Twitter thread on tonight's game, it looks like Accies have listened and added another white hoop at the top. Still pretty awful for our anniversary year but a little better at least.

As an anniversary top it's way off the mark.

Leaving that aside I think now they've fixed it it's actually a really nice shirt.

They did say at the forum that this is not the anniversary kit. Think they said that the actual anniversary kit would be released around Dec?

Likewise, I was pleasantly surprised tonight. It's not what we expected but definitely a lot better than what we had.

8 hours ago, Beckford said:

They did say at the forum that this is not the anniversary kit. Think they said that the actual anniversary kit would be released around Dec?

Likewise, I was pleasantly surprised tonight. It's not what we expected but definitely a lot better than what we had.

This is typical Accies confusion! I'm pretty sure he was talking about a third kit, with input from fans. This is the top we'll be wearing all season as our home/first choice top, assuming there aren't any more changes. A home top like the beautiful one Concept Kits came up with with gold trim accompanied by white shorts and socks is what our anniversary kit should have looked like, as anyone with knowledge of our history would have known. Serif clearly didn't involve the right people. That top last night would be a decent top any other season, just not this one!

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No surprise really that removing that ridiculous red top third massively improves the shirt.

I really like that, and I'll definitely buy it.

received_1200438518074162.jpeg

That is still hideous

38 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

That is still hideous

Each to their own. 

I guess it's a challenge any club who play in hoops or stripes faces - how do you make the design different each season whilst not upsetting the traditionalists.

You'll never please everyone.

For example, if we released either of these today the reception would be incredibly mixed, if not mostly hostile, yet both strips are pretty nice and there aren't many negative comments about them in retrospect.

We even played in stripes during the 70s which is unimaginable now.

20240724_101618.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

33 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No surprise really that removing that ridiculous red top third massively improves the shirt.

I really like that, and I'll definitely buy it.

received_1200438518074162.jpeg

20240717_173520.jpgWomens Sweaters Fall 2023 Ugly Christmas Sweater, Ladies Cotton Winter Jumper  Red Crew Neck Striped Oversized Sweater z12 at Amazon Women's Clothing storeYARN | Nice going, now you've ruined Christmas. | Family Guy(1999) - S15E20  A House Full of Peters | Video gifs by quotes | a5bdfbaf | 紗

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Each to their own. 

I guess it's a challenge any club who play in hoops or stripes faces - how do you make the design different each season whilst not upsetting the traditionalists.

You'll never please everyone.

For example, if we released either of these today the reception would be incredibly mixed, if not mostly hostile, yet both strips are pretty nice.

20240724_101618.jpg

Don’t like the one on the right, albeit I suspect that early 80s style is much more fashionable now.  I really like the one on the left though!  It’s kind of like our chequerboard one from the late 90s - unapologetically bold.

5 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Don’t like the one on the right, albeit I suspect that early 80s style is much more fashionable now.  I really like the one on the left though!  It’s kind of like our chequerboard one from the late 90s - unapologetically bold.

Believe it or not the one on the right is mid 90s rather than mid 80s, but your general point is bang on.

There's definitely an appeal atm for modern remakes of 80s / 90s designs and, given there were plenty of chevron tops available last season, the club have picked the only other real option they had to go for. And, for me anyway, I think they've done a very decent job.

Genuinely feel that had they delayed the launch until the proper kit was available the reception and perception of it would be massively different.

I still piss myself laughing at how bad that looks on Tumilty.

Edited by Todd_is_God

56 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

That is still hideous

Agreed. Much better than the original effort but still a howler.

Is that all of the home and away kits released now? A few crackers including both Airdrie kits, the raith away kit and the pars away kit. Being biased i also think the morton 150th anniversaries home top is really well done too.

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Agreed. Much better than the original effort but still a howler.

Is that all of the home and away kits released now? A few crackers including both Airdrie kits, the raith away kit and the pars away kit. Being biased i also think the morton 150th anniversaries home top is really well done too.

Nope.

Accies' away top hasn't been released yet - but it will be blue & green.