24/25 - New Kits

What's happened to the badge? It looks like it's been made by a local primary school, the outside circles are wayyyy off

Screenshot_20240724_183505_X.jpg

11 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

This is typical Accies confusion! I'm pretty sure he was talking about a third kit, with input from fans. This is the top we'll be wearing all season as our home/first choice top, assuming there aren't any more changes. A home top like the beautiful one Concept Kits came up with with gold trim accompanied by white shorts and socks is what our anniversary kit should have looked like, as anyone with knowledge of our history would have known. Serif clearly didn't involve the right people. That top last night would be a decent top any other season, just not this one!

Yeah I agree that a traditional kit with a celebration (and promotion of tbh) our history and links to the academy  should have been a no brainer.

I am a real traditionalist and think that Accies should only ever play in a full red and white (cerise and French grey even) home kit. We lost so much of our identity from being ripped away from the town for a number of years. History and tradition is so easily lost and I think our nomad years has definitely added to our tin pot reputation.

Like a lot of fans, I felt really pissed off, angry and felt let down that we didn't take advantage of the anniversary and did something special. I am also frustrated by how much of a PR disaster it has been and the fact that as a club, we seem totally incapable of launching a kit early in the close season. It was all so avoidable with proper planning and fan consultation.

However, its now all about damage limitation. The club need to make the best of the "tweaked" kit and listen to the fans (the issue with badge is a massive one for me and that has to be addressed as it was a problem last year and screams poor quality!) They can not make the same mistakes with the away kit and if there is to be some sort of third kit / commemorative kit, make it a belter and make sure its affordable to build bridges with the fans. We take a lot of shit as Accies fans, it really shouldn't be the club that dishes it out the most!

In some ways I prefer the first team shirt as it has a full hoop as opposed to these strips. The new new strip is actually quite nice now.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Just to add to the “Rank Hamilton Kit” situation, it seems the Under 17s have the brand new adidas template. Why on earth did the first team not get that too and just add 150th anniversary decals to it? Bizarre. 

IMG_7260.jpeg

The front 4 look as if you've drafted in an Under 12s player to make up the numbers. Either that or they are auditioning as a tribute band to The Monkees with 3 tall lads and a short arse.

The Monkees Davy Jones Mike Nesmith Peter Tork Micky Dolenz 11x14 Glossy  Photo | eBay

On 28/07/2024 at 21:14, Bairn in Exile said:

The front 4 look as if you've drafted in an Under 12s player to make up the numbers. Either that or they are auditioning as a tribute band to The Monkees with 3 tall lads and a short arse.

The Monkees Davy Jones Mike Nesmith Peter Tork Micky Dolenz 11x14 Glossy  Photo | eBay

Big lump of a target man and a wee short arse poacher as a front two. Two lanky wingers pinging the baws in. Scottish fibaw gold standard. 

That Adidas kit is nice from the front but most Accies fans don't like the plain backs, we've had enough of those over the years. Incidentally, I see three or four of that team didn't get the "scowl menacingly at camera" memo.

• 2 weeks later...

Are clubs obliged to disclose strips and sponsors etc to the SPFL prior to the season starting? I’m just thinking of accies not actually having an away top yet (as far as the fans know anyway). 

Or Is it just up to the ref on any given game as to what teams rock up in?

It's an embarrassing scunner, Accies are so tin pot with things like this, it would not be a surprise if we opted to play as "skins" or the players turned oot in their pants like the bairn at PE that forgot his gym kit

On 10/08/2024 at 03:07, Beckford said:

It's an embarrassing scunner, Accies are so tin pot with things like this, it would not be a surprise if we opted to play as "skins" or the players turned oot in their pants like the bairn at PE that forgot his gym kit

How about this one then?

Football kits: 6 Of Weirdest In History

On 09/08/2024 at 17:44, manxaccie said:

Are clubs obliged to disclose strips and sponsors etc to the SPFL prior to the season starting? I’m just thinking of accies not actually having an away top yet (as far as the fans know anyway). 

For SPFL, yes. The slanting angle of this white panel betrays the fact that the white was originally planned to go all the way down the sleeve, but the SPFL refused us permission before the strips were made.

Both sleeve colours have to be the same. If we'd kept the original design we couldn't have used that top against any club with blue or white sleeves as it would have made it harder for the ref to spot a handball. 

For sponsors, it's the clubs choice. I believe Crunchy Carrots were consulted in this years design though obviously the final decision lies with the club. 

Millar (3) .jpg

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

For SPFL, yes. The slanting angle of this white panel betrays the fact that the white was originally planned to go all the way down the sleeve, but the SPFL refused us permission before the strips were made.

Both sleeve colours have to be the same. If we'd kept the original design we couldn't have used that top against any club with blue or white sleeves as it would have made it harder for the ref to spot a handball. 

For sponsors, it's the clubs choice. I believe Crunchy Carrots were consulted in this years design though obviously the final decision lies with the club. 

Millar (3) .jpg

IMG_1289.thumb.jpeg.cbf22b4562ee8a8534daf11b94e6ec1b.jpegIMG_1290.thumb.jpeg.939a95fad9a80666e1e30e727173fc8d.jpeg

Yep, these were turned down by the SPFL. Yet other clubs have had similar kits. 

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_1289.thumb.jpeg.cbf22b4562ee8a8534daf11b94e6ec1b.jpegIMG_1290.thumb.jpeg.939a95fad9a80666e1e30e727173fc8d.jpeg

Yep, these were turned down by the SPFL. Yet other clubs have had similar kits. 

Cheers. I should have that graphic somewhere on my PC, along with the red one that we never released, but for some reason I couldn't find it. 

On 11/08/2024 at 09:39, Bainsfordbairn said:

Cheers. I should have that graphic somewhere on my PC, along with the red one that we never released, but for some reason I couldn't find it. 

Yeah, the one they (BOD) didn’t want to pay for 😂

IMG_1311.thumb.jpeg.898be12741223d4714af7365ee8ce393.jpeg

This seasons there's a trend of adidas using their old trefoil logo and a lot of teams doing an away shirt with their old badge. 

Which if your clubs old badges (if they have one) would you like to see reserected? 

For me the this is the Rovers badge from when I started going and will always be my favourite. 

Screenshot_20240814_125553_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

This seasons there's a trend of adidas using their old trefoil logo and a lot of teams doing an away shirt with their old badge. 

Which if your clubs old badges (if they have one) would you like to see reserected? 

For me the this is the Rovers badge from when I started going and will always be my favourite. 

Screenshot_20240814_125553_Chrome.jpg

Greenock-Morton@2.-old-logo.png.fa89f5dce5e832e0635b246b3082a5c1.pngIf any, probably this one and it does feel like a bit of a sitter in the anniversary year. Not a million miles away from the current badge but a lot 'cleaner' in terms of the scrolls than the "GREENOCK | MORTON | F.C." we have on the 150th badge.

Not a design that would look all that out of place on a modern kit to me, and definitely better than just drowning the current badge in gold.

In a normal year I wouldn't bother, though.