The 2000s - historic pictures from the first 25 years

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

These have passed me by, context? 

Was this when they tried to deport a family? 

First pic is the most accurate measurement of the cosmic background radiation, the first 'light' of the universe, taken from a satellite. 

Second is Trump's spokesman, Rudy Giuliani, during the world's most ridiculous press conference where he was contesting the result of the presidential election. It took place outside a landscaping business called Four Seasons, and the assumption is that someone meant to book the Four Seasons hotel and got things very wrong.

Third is Judith Ralston and unless I'm missing something there's no context. Judith needs no context.

Last one is Kenmuir Street in Glasgow when the Home Office tried to carry out a dawn raid on two Indian men and were obstructed all day, until they gave up trying. They weren't Muslim but in that area it didn't help that the raid was on Eid. With flights to Rwanda likely to restart there's speculation that there will be a resumption of dawn raid very soon.

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

For mine, the 2020 election. Trump supporters including Rudy Giuliani were in the press claiming he won. 

Here, Giuliani's assistant phoned the "four seasons" to hold a press conference to make some new claims. But they instead phoned Four Seasons Total Landscaping, and held the press conference outside their store, next to a sex shop that was holding a sale on dildos. 

OW4QCGSC4VAMRMKMA3NWILN6ZA.jpg

And from the photo, his hair dye started melting as he was railing away. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/03/four-seasons-total-landscaping-lighthearted-lesson-business

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

For mine, the 2020 election. Trump supporters including Rudy Giuliani were in the press claiming he won. 

Here, Giuliani's assistant phoned the "four seasons" to hold a press conference to make some new claims. But they instead phoned Four Seasons Total Landscaping, and held the press conference outside their store, next to a sex shop that was holding a sale on dildos. 

I forgot about the dildos.

It was the press conference that kept on giving.

21 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

ESA “Planck” photo of the cosmic microwave background -ie it’s the big bang

Mohammed Bouazizi setting himself on fire to protest at his fruit cart being confiscated by a government.  The act was the catalyst for the overthrow of the Tunisian regime and was widely seen as the start of the Arab Spring.

bouazizi2

Mohamed Emwazi, also known as 'Jihadi John' brandishes a knife as he prepares to behead a hostage.  I think this was taken from the video of David Haine's murder.

Unmasked 'Jihadi John' felt harassed as Muslim