Queen's Park v Airdrie - the season's climax

Whilst I'd like to think Airdrie will still play a relatively strong team and go for a win, I can't actually see Morton not also going for it. 

Yes, it may seem like they've nothing to play for, but a loss could see them drop from 5th to 7th and from a monetary and pride aspect, 5th is far better for them. So you could even see a draw between us, even an Airdrie win, but also similar in the other game. 

Either way, I'm glad I'm on the Airdrie side of things! 

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Rhys's interview as well speaks of not being disrespectful in putting out a team of kids 

Be as disrespectful as ye like Rhys! 

51 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Whilst I'd like to think Airdrie will still play a relatively strong team and go for a win, I can't actually see Morton not also going for it. 

Yes, it may seem like they've nothing to play for, but a loss could see them drop from 5th to 7th and from a monetary and pride aspect, 5th is far better for them. So you could even see a draw between us, even an Airdrie win, but also similar in the other game. 

Either way, I'm glad I'm on the Airdrie side of things! 

We can only finish 5th or 6th as Pars play Ayr so both can't overtake us.

I'm not convinced our players will give a shit about  finishing 5th or 6th to be honest unless there is some sort of bonus on offer for finishing top 5 . Going by the pre match interview with Dougie, we have a few out too.

Comfortable home win tonight for Invernes. 

8 minutes ago, madton said:

We can only finish 5th or 6th as Pars play Ayr so both can't overtake us.

I'm not convinced our players will give a shit about  finishing 5th or 6th to be honest unless there is some sort of bonus on offer for finishing top 5 . Going by the pre match interview with Dougie, we have a few out too.

Comfortable home win tonight for Invernes. 

That's ok, we've got this 🤞🫣

Probably the kiss of death, but I spent the first half of the season earnestly hoping that QP would get flushed... which they fully deserved, until somebdy (Charlie boy) belatedly came to his senses...

Now earnestly hoping ICT get what they so richly deserve... but I'm afraid you'll have to do it for yourselves, because there's close to zero chance of Morton winning up there tonight (unless it filters through that QP are already 3 up in the first half...).

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Good dose of the fear beginning to set in now.

Can't get past our recent record against Airdrie, which points to tonight being a draw therefore we need a favour from Morton which I'm not sure we'll get, ICT have looked up for it in recent weeks and just not got the results. The team line-ups will either make or break me, Airdrie with who they decide to rest (if anyone at all) and QP with our defence given there's a chance we won't have Wilson along with Thomson and Tizzard who are definitely missing. 

A win tonight would bring utter elation that our season is finally over. If we end up 9th, it would be nothing more than we deserve for such a brutal summer transfer window & first half of the season. Although a part of me now thinks Inverness deserve it more, especially if they are paying Duncan Ferguson the amounts that are rumoured. Even we're not that financially irresponsible......

What is big Dunc rumoured to be on?

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Good dose of the fear beginning to set in now.

Can't get past our recent record against Airdrie, which points to tonight being a draw therefore we need a favour from Morton which I'm not sure we'll get, ICT have looked up for it in recent weeks and just not got the results. The team line-ups will either make or break me, Airdrie with who they decide to rest (if anyone at all) and QP with our defence given there's a chance we won't have Wilson along with Thomson and Tizzard who are definitely missing. 

A win tonight would bring utter elation that our season is finally over. If we end up 9th, it would be nothing more than we deserve for such a brutal summer transfer window & first half of the season. Although a part of me now thinks Inverness deserve it more, especially if they are paying Duncan Ferguson the amounts that are rumoured. Even we're not that financially irresponsible......

What is big Dunc rumoured to be on?

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

No idea how that Airdrie team lines up. Back three with McGregor and maybe Lyall at wing-back? Hopefully Fordyce gets a rest at some point tonight too.

Who's playing the McMaster/McCabe role?

4 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Who's playing the McMaster/McCabe role?

Aiken and Donnell sitting a bit deeper and Frizzell further forward maybe? Thought Gavin Gallagher might have been given a shot there tonight but guessing he’s injured as he’s not even on the bench.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

Aiken and Donnell sitting a bit deeper and Frizzell further forward maybe? Thought Gavin Gallagher might have been given a shot there tonight but guessing he’s injured as he’s not even on the bench.

McMaster and McCabe not there either. Or Hutts!!!

Just now, Diamonds02 said:

Can’t workout what formation we are playing for the life of me.

It’ll be a laugh anyway

I'll have a go 3-4-3 come 3-5-1 

Hemfrey

Ballantyne Fordyce ATS

Lyall

Aiken Donnell Frizzell 

McGregor  Gal  O'Connor