Queen's Park v Airdrie - the season's climax

22 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Is there a cash gate for this match for home supporters, or do I need to buy a ticket online in advance?

My son and I have been keeping an eye on QP since his school was invited earlier in the season, quite fancy coming along if he's not totally knackered after a week at the school. 

Online tickets only mate. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Thanks

You can buy them right up to kick off, though, if you’re looking at making a late decision. 

Watched the Airdrie - Utd game on TV last Friday and must say Airdrie were excellent, really good to watch; McCabe's done so well this year and he/they are most definitely worthy of the play-offs - chapeau!

I'd be fearful for this one if it wasn't for one thing in that due to work changes I've not made many games this season - about ten or so and in that time have only seen QP win once, vs Arbroath at Lesser.  I'll be working again on Friday, which evidently means a QP win!  

And yes, watching big Dunc be sent to the stands at Annan would be fun.

24 minutes ago, The red diamond said:

The Red Diamond will be there ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

Then I fear for QP.
The Red Diamond in attendance brings the best out in Airdrie. 

7 minutes ago, Tangled web said:

'Queen's Park v Airdrie - the season's climax'

I sincerely hope that it will be the climax HD, and you are not a bit premature 

Hopefully you enjoy your climax, hopefully you get Rhuri Patons sock to wipe it up.

4 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I can see a team being made up of 11 daft wee boys while the other rest some players for the promotion playoff.

That's absolutely fine with us providing we win. Foul play if not.

A pleasant change to go to Hampden and have no concerns about the result. The second half turn around the last time certainly saved our season. Can't see the 9th team losing out in play offs but it has some attractions. 

Ticket bought and I assume our QP prediction guys will be there? 

Well according to the match preview Airdrie will not be fielding a side of youngsters and reserves. Unfortunately it will not include Josh Rae but Murray Aiken should be on the grass at some point.

Can't see Queen's Park get anything in this match, ICT will manage a draw at least. 

Are any Queen's Park fans at all confident?

44 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Can't see Queen's Park get anything in this match, ICT will manage a draw at least. 

Are any Queen's Park fans at all confident?

Is it not a bit late for you on a school night! 

Posted (edited)

No doubt some players will be rested, as some were v Dundee Utd last week. 

However, I still fully expect a few mainstays to play and the others to put in a strong shift as they'll be wanting to play their way into contention for the play off games. No doubt we will still try and play our own brand of football and it's proven successful this season, even when some key players have been out. 

Rhys's interview as well speaks of not being disrespectful in putting out a team of kids so I reckon it'll be a blend and hoping we can still win this one, if only to get it right up Paton. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Good dose of the fear beginning to set in now.

Can't get past our recent record against Airdrie, which points to tonight being a draw therefore we need a favour from Morton which I'm not sure we'll get, ICT have looked up for it in recent weeks and just not got the results. The team line-ups will either make or break me, Airdrie with who they decide to rest (if anyone at all) and QP with our defence given there's a chance we won't have Wilson along with Thomson and Tizzard who are definitely missing. 

A win tonight would bring utter elation that our season is finally over. If we end up 9th, it would be nothing more than we deserve for such a brutal summer transfer window & first half of the season. Although a part of me now thinks Inverness deserve it more, especially if they are paying Duncan Ferguson the amounts that are rumoured. Even we're not that financially irresponsible......