Queen's Park v Airdrie - the season's climax

Any chance someone like Hibs, Dundee, St Mirren take a punt on Paton next season? Of all the top scorers in this division I think he’s probably most desirable given his age. He might be a fanny but he can certainly put the ball in the net and its something that these teams in the top division have been missing.

9 hours ago, David Fernández said:

I don't really understand football fans in general getting rattled when a player celebrates in front of the opposing fans.

This season for us Todorov and Hancock have participated in shithousery behaviour on more than one occasion, so we can't complain when another player gives it back to us.

Players take the abuse on the park constantly from supporters so it's only natural the reserve happens at times.

Kai Kennedy and Kyle Doherty have also celebrated in front of our fans too and in my opinion I couldn't really care less.

It's been a brilliant debut season for us back in the championship and we've exceeded everyone's expectations. There's more important things to worry about than Ruari Paton's celebrations. 

Agreed. My only thoughts on Paton are that he is a bit of a simpleton, but if he wants to give a bit to the fans and there are fans who will get wound up then fair play to him, creates a bit more needle which adds some entertainment. Like you say I genuinely don't get fans who get all frothing at the mouth over it, it's either funny or in Docherty/Paton's cases, utterly bemusing.

3 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Any chance someone like Hibs, Dundee, St Mirren take a punt on Paton next season? Of all the top scorers in this division I think he’s probably most desirable given his age. He might be a fanny but he can certainly put the ball in the net and its something that these teams in the top division have been missing.

Quite possibly, but the good news for us is he's under contract until 2026, so if anyone does want to take that chance they'll need to pay up for him.

19 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I was furious when he chose to taunt them after scoring yesterday, rather than running towards us and celebrating his goal, in a home game. I know there are very few of us, but that doesn't mean we simply don't exist. 

Queen's had just gone a goal up in an enormous game and you were furious? What is wrong with you?

4 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I'm sure there will be Bottom 6 Premiership teams looking at him, for sure. Contract length, and more importantly QP staying up, will hopefully put them off for this close season. 

Let's also not forget he'd make just as much money, perhaps quite a bit more, in Division 1/Championship down south too. 

15 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

As a poster said on the Airdrie thread - 

"Running over to the opposition fans of a makeshift team to celebrate staying up while the opposition will be playing in the Premiership playoffs next week." Sums the thick clown up. 

Imagine caring. Honestly wasn’t expecting tears. 

On 04/05/2024 at 17:45, QP's in my DNA said:

And I wish we had more of his attitude in our side..............no more mister nice guy........gets you nowhere

The reason you're posting this............... is you wish he was in your team.🤣

I actually wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. He strikes me as being the disruptive sort, not particularly good as a team player and not what is needed for a good dressing room spirit. 

In regards to other posters comments about players celebrating in front of away fans as a bit of shithousery I'm all in favour of it. However that's 2 occasions now where this single brain celled simpleton has chosen to try and goad opposition support with,

1. His absolutely pathetic t-shirt display to a group of children who had no clue what he was doing and

2. Double handed sticking 2 fingers up to opposition fans. I was astonished that the ref chose not to book him given it was also in front of the stand side lino.

Coupled with his later booking for what looked like lining up a kick out at a player on the deck he could easily have been sent off and landed you lot right in it, in what was a very important game for you. So no, not the sort of idiot we need thank you.

2 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I actually wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. He strikes me as being the disruptive sort, not particularly good as a team player and not what is needed for a good dressing room spirit. 

In regards to other posters comments about players celebrating in front of away fans as a bit of shithousery I'm all in favour of it. However that's 2 occasions now where this single brain celled simpleton has chosen to try and goad opposition support with,

1. His absolutely pathetic t-shirt display to a group of children who had no clue what he was doing and

2. Double handed sticking 2 fingers up to opposition fans. I was astonished that the ref chose not to book him given it was also in front of the stand side lino.

Coupled with his later booking for what looked like lining up a kick out at a player on the deck he could easily have been sent off and landed you lot right in it, in what was a very important game for you. So no, not the sort of idiot we need thank you.

IMG_5014.jpeg.0fd12489027bb805a836c42320915dd2.jpeg