Aberdeen v St. Johnstone (If anyone cares)

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t know many that don’t think he’s shite.

I ken he comes across as the dour fifer etc but is it no fair to say he inherited a sinking ship? Club that has punched above its weight for a while now etc. Saying this in peace and as an outsider looking in.

Posted (edited)
On 02/05/2024 at 15:37, 10menwent2mow said:

Set to be yet another enthralling encounter in a series which has seen 3 or more goals in the match once in the last 20 occasions has been played. 

Under 2.5 goals available at 4/5.

0-0 or 1-0 either side, a dreadful game, a poor crowd and much apathy. 

We really could've just closed the thread after this. 

Hope everyone took my betting advice because I stupidly didn't. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

4 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

I ken he comes across as the dour fifer etc but is it no fair to say he inherited a sinking ship? Club that has punched above its weight for a while now etc. Saying this in peace and as an outsider looking in.

This was the table when he came in.

Screenshot_20240505_063414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8daa05ef49c3c4d6b6c073a6bc9c6c59.jpg

He was allowed to sign 6 players in January, at least one cost a fee, and had the benefit of one of the worst top flight sides going to compete with and one of the best goalkeepers in the league. If he wanted his attacking options would've been Sidibeh, Kimpioka, Clark, May, and Kane. 

I can't show the whole table since he joined as websites make pre and post split fixtures a different competition, but here's the longest form table I can get.

Screenshot_20240505_063715_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c1ebfd65df64d448d27111ee983ce1be.jpg

I'd rather not allow this idea that we were doomed when he joined, and there's nothing he could do, take root. It's clearly the line he'll use once he's gone.

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

He should have been sent off for the tackle on Gordon alone to be honest. Second half, in front of the south stand. (Think it was hoillet, can’t really remember, but it could have been a straight red).

LOL.

Clueless.

Not even sure he touched him & McGowan tried to con the ref.

Watch it again.

This time take off the blue specs 😆

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240505_063715_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c1ebfd65df64d448d27111ee983ce1be.jpg

I'd rather not allow this idea that we were doomed when he joined, and there's nothing he could do, take root. It's clearly the line he'll use once he's gone.

Exactly this 

Can’t find the table but felt like after beating Hibs at home 1-0 pre Christmas we were clear of 12th place and in amongst a few teams in mid table. Steady form when he first came in up to the winter break. But as you have shown post winter break has been very poor. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

12 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

He should have been sent off for the tackle on Gordon alone to be honest. Second half, in front of the south stand. (Think it was hoillet, can’t really remember, but it could have been a straight red).

It was late, but but poorly-timed rather than malicious.  You'd be pretty unlucky to get a red for it.

1 hour ago, derektaylor84 said:

Can’t find the table but felt like after beating Hibs at home 1-0 pre Christmas we were clear of 12th place and in amongst a few teams in mid table.

Screenshot_20240505_093723_Chrome.thumb.jpg.474d77d9ba21dc373d1dcdb9aa5ec50e.jpg

Aye, were right back in the bunch at that point. Arguably our best performance at home this season too?

Would say our best performances have actually come against Aberdeen and Hibs this season, funnily, which makes his "played the best two teams in the bottom half" after meek defeats to both the more annoying.

12 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Look you’ve beaten a very poor st Johnstone side 1-0 thanks to a penalty.

Don’t start thinking your overspending shower of shite are any great shakes, making out you can claim other teams’ players are crap.

You’re team are still fucking dugshite. We’re just a bit more so.

Supporting a crap team disqualifies opinions? That's a new one on me. 

Our tactics suited us far more than the kick n rush shite from earlier in the season and suited Perth less. 

We still could have conceded a couple given the chances we gave up without much of a fight but rode our luck. Could say the same at the other end as well. 

Was glad when Levein took off The fermer's only real threat. That was nice of him. 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Here’s hoping St Johnstone go down in the play offs

In recent years games against them have been a torturous affront to football. 

I actually thought from about 30 minutes onwards, this was one of the better matches in this fixture I can recall.

We actually played some bonnie stuff, and but for some profligacy in front of goal would have run out much more comfortable winners.

St Johnstone had a great chance to make us pay late on when the lad fifty-pinced his heider. It was some clearance from Gartenmann from their earlier good chance, after some fine footwork from the lad who scored up here in Feb.

We have had a series of softer fixtures, but amazing what a relatively stable settled back four can achieve in terms of results. If we had stuck with Leven, there’s a fair chance we could still be in the hunt for Europe. Shame on the board for that Warnock nonsense.

As for Saints, normally I would want as many sides in the east as possible in the top flight, but Ross County staying up would be more welcome for that one trip up a different road !   This fixture has been purgatory too often, but maybe if they do survive, the new era, ownership and likely change of manager will see them flourish again.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Supporting a crap team disqualifies opinions? That's a new one on me. 

You’re right, everyone has a right to an opinion.

No offence, but I’ve found it hard to take Aberdeen supporters seriously ever since they started claiming the European charity shield thing was a major European honour.

Posted (edited)

Perth Saint Johnstone of Tayside - you've been Cormacked Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack pitches Dons 'survival plan' for games ...

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

No offence, but I’ve found it hard to take Aberdeen supporters seriously ever since they started claiming the European charity shield thing was a major European honour.

I see you don't claim any European supercups on your website. That's proper big time, considering diddies like Bayern and Barcelona list theirs. 

If we stop claiming it, will you take us seriously? Pleeease, it's really important to us. 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

It’s almost like claiming major domestic honours for that empty stadium training match season.

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It’s almost like claiming major domestic honours for that empty stadium training match season.

Could remove them and we'd still have won more Scottish Cups than you in my lifetime. 

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

That’s true. If no one saw it, did it really happen?

Something for the philosophers to ponder for centuries. 

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could remove them and we'd still have won more Scottish Cups than you in my lifetime. 

I still have PTSD from my first ever visit to McDiarmid a few months after we last did.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I’d love it to be Aberdeen that could take credit for this meltdown, but I fear it’s probably more Craig levein. Scottish footballs top wind up merchant.