Aberdeen v St. Johnstone (If anyone cares)

Set to be yet another enthralling encounter in a series which has seen 3 or more goals in the match once in the last 20 occasions has been played. 

Under 2.5 goals available at 4/5.

0-0 or 1-0 either side, a dreadful game, a poor crowd and much apathy. 

I believe Perth is superior to Aberdeen at the sport of soccer, so I think we'll score more nets and succeed at winning this match up.

*insert my thoughts on Levein being a coward and that I think we’ll f**k up.”

Character, Desire , Determination, Ability, Gile all needed at this end of the season performance levels sometimes go out the window when its it’s backs to wall & needs must time

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

What a dull dreary bunch these Sheep fans are, it's no wonder they resort to wearing bright green or red trousers.

The House of Bruar for that clobber………in Perthshire !

I can remember nothing about the first match, other than it was around October time - one of these horror Sundays after a European match I think.

The second game was a midweeker and if I recall turned on a game’s gone handball decision, then we lost a second when the St Johnstone striker had the whole half of the pitch to himself to sprint away and score.

Generally we toil against Levein sides, so hopefully that can change, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Was quite impressed by Phillips in our last game. We need some grit in the middle; he’s out of contract and young enough to develop and sell. Worth a look? Should be relatively inexpensive but maybe not Balkan enough. @RandomGuy., what do the radars say compared to our current options? Say Shinnie, Baron and Polvara?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

The second game was when Aberdeen absolutely stole a point at McDiarmid. Both in terms of performance and a(nother) VAR howler. 

Aye, I was referring to the second of now three Pittodrie matches - the Warnock era !

Agree, the McDiarmid match we seemed to receive more than half of the generous tight VAR calls that have actually gone for us this season in one match.   Roos was at the lowest of the low of his low bar this season that evening.

St Johnstone looked a very competent side in that match.  We definitely stole a point.

Edited by tarapoa

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Was quite impressed by Phillips in our last game. We need some grit in the middle; he’s out of contract and young enough to develop and sell. Worth a look? Should be relatively inexpensive but maybe not Balkan enough. @RandomGuy., what do the radars say compared to our current options? Say Shinnie, Baron and Polvara?

Take him, please. We can also throw in half a dozen more just like him.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Take him, please. We can also throw in half a dozen more just like him.

I guess that wasn’t a representative performance then? Fortunately for Dave’s bank balance, my involvement in recruitment is limited to idle and ill informed speculation.

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I guess that wasn’t a representative performance then? Fortunately for Dave’s bank balance, my involvement in recruitment is limited to idle and ill informed speculation.

He stands out in our poor team because he gets involved and shows flashes of quality using his build and skill. The downside is he struggles to make 5 yard passes and posts zero attacking numbers at all. He's yours if you want him, but we're due compensation for him. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I'd say that to opposition fans, he probably stands out as he is a disruptor. Problem, is as others have said, is that he doesn't have much in an attacking sense. He'd be good in a midfield beside someone who is more offensive, which is something we really lack. Some portray themselves as that, but we have no one who will drive at defences with any real intent. If he did have a McGinn like ability to get forward, he'd have been away before now.

All that said, I think he'd do well at Aberdeen or Hearts, to who he was heavily linked before.

As for the game, think I'd take any kind of positive result here. It's all about at the very least matching county and if you were being positive, them losing to Livi, who we'd expect to beat when the time comes, is a bonus. Problem for Saints is that we have zero heart in this side, so I have little confidence the players will give enough effort.