Aberdeen v St. Johnstone (If anyone cares)

Let today please end any chat of Aberdeen signing Dan Phillips.

I’m surprised the Pittodrie pitch survived the effects of that invisible caravan he was towing 

And Levein - despite really needing a win today, he made zero attempt to win the game in the 2nd half. 

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Let today please end any chat of Aberdeen signing Dan Phillips.

I’m surprised the Pittodrie pitch survived the effects of that invisible caravan he was towing 

He's apparently playing through injury, or at least was last week. Levein admitted he's having to take injections to get through games before the Hibs game.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

My sincerest commiserations to all those who had themselves so excited at the prospect of our relegation. 

Particularly Robert Borthwick and the other Hearts fans among The Terrace.

Didn’t enjoy the first 30 minutes at all, but after that I thought we were pretty comfortable. No idea how we’ve not scored any goals from open play and Miovski should have a total of four today on his own. Outside of Kelle Roos, that performance by Mitov is the worse by a goalkeeper at Pittodrie all season. Why do people think he’s good? He was dreadful today.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Didn’t enjoy the first 30 minutes at all, but after that I thought we were pretty comfortable. No idea how we’ve not scored any goals from open play and Miovski should have a total of four today on his own. Outside of Kelle Roos, that performance by Mitov is the worse by a goalkeeper at Pittodrie all season. Why do people think he’s good? He was dreadful today.

What was bad about him?

He's the sole reason we aren't closer to Livingston, and he regularly has absolute stormers. If you saw him regularly you'd understand.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What was bad about him?

He's the sole reason we aren't closer to Livingston, and he regularly has absolute stormers. If you saw him regularly you'd understand.

Three times (at least) he should hold the ball and three times it slips from his grasp and our finishing was so  poor today that we couldn’t punish him. Unrelated, but disappointed in Ryan McGowan in trying to get Hoilett a second yellow by going down screaming after a nothing tackle. Luckily the referee spotted the play acting and McGowan from rolling about screaming, got up, limped a little and then took off.

Gartenmann was good again, especially because I thought MacDonald was having a pretty shaky game beside him. Hoilett was unfortunate not to have at least one assist between Gartenmann and MacDonald's headers from some of his excellent crosses. Beyond that, I wouldn't say anybody really played above a 6/10 for us but it felt like a comfortable 1-0 after we scored. 

St Johnstone probably with the poorest away performance I have seen at Pittodrie all season despite the scoreline. They looked a group of individuals who had met each other five minutes before kick-off and approached the final twenty minutes like a team that didn't have anything to play for.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Loves a “camera save”.

I hope we’re not looking at him as Roos replacement 

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Three times (at least) he should hold the ball and three times it slips from his grasp and our finishing was so  poor today that we couldn’t punish him. Unrelated, but disappointed in Ryan McGowan in trying to get Hoilett a second yellow by going down screaming after a nothing tackle. Luckily the referee spotted the play acting and McGowan from rolling about screaming, got up, limped a little and then took off.

Fair enough, I think you're being harsh but I'm biased as I love him.

As for McGowan, it sums up our side. Just soft and hoping others failures can help them. Against Hibs last week we had a few down "injured" instead of stopping a counter attack. Connor Smith done the exact same today again.

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He should have been sent off for the tackle on Gordon alone to be honest. Second half, in front of the south stand. (Think it was hoillet, can’t really remember, but it could have been a straight red).

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

He should have been sent off for the tackle on Gordon alone to be honest. Second half, in front of the south stand. (Think it was hoillet, can’t really remember, but it could have been a straight red).

No it shouldn’t.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He was generally shite.

Look you’ve beaten a very poor st Johnstone side 1-0 thanks to a penalty.

Don’t start thinking your overspending shower of shite are any great shakes, making out you can claim other teams’ players are crap.

You’re team are still fucking dugshite. We’re just a bit more so.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t start thinking your overspending shower of shite are any great shakes, making out you can claim other teams’ players are crap.

A lot more so. I'd happily have that Aberdeen starting 11 with Mitov in ahead of Roos (economies of scale and all that, I know Aberdeen have paid a fortune in fees and now in wages to put that team together). 

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

If you have read any of my posts you will know that the last thing I think my team are, are "any great shakes". I've already said that the only reason that your team, and poor goalkeeper on the day, weren't on the end of a beating today was our woeful finishing.

Just now, kingjoey said:

If you have read any of my posts you will know that the last thing I think my team are, are "any great shakes". I've already said that the only reason that your team, and poor goalkeeper on the day, weren't on the end of a beating today was our woeful finishing.

Exactly this

St Johnstone fans are surely embarrassed at dinosaur Levein and his "tactics". St Johnstone were time wasting from the start , constantly committing fouls and the only tactic they had was hoof it forward and hope the striker got to it first.

Levein (as he always has been) is shite. Amazing some St Johnstone fans dont think so.

More importantly, another easy win for Aberdeen 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

By St Johnstone standards your squad is one assembled by overspending.

What an awful squad. When Stevie May is still your potential hero .. 😆

Edited by afc_blockhead