Todays scores 4/5

5 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

1 point behind Glenafton now. They play on Fri. Arthurlie last game on Sat. Glenafton play next Weds possibly knowing what they have to fo to avoid drop. 

Sporting integrity 🙂

Just now, BANKIEBILL said:

Shambles

Fixtures aren't any better than the Juniors.

As you say absolute shambles.

11 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

1 point behind Glenafton now. They play on Fri. Arthurlie last game on Sat. Glenafton play next Weds possibly knowing what they have to fo to avoid drop. 

If Glenafton win on Friday night, does that not relegate both Arthurlie and Rob Roy?

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

If Glenafton win on Friday night, does that not relegate both Arthurlie and Rob Roy?

Think a few will be rooting for that result to save an awkward situation 

3 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

It does, but Rob Roy as good as down now anyway.

Not necessarily. If Arthurlie lose to Beith on Sat and Rabs beat Largs ( easier said than done) ... then providing Glenafton don't pick anything up on Friday then Rabs and Glens both on 30 and similar GD

19 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Sporting integrity 🙂

18 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Shambles

I like Arthurlie as much as you can like a rival team, i hope they stay up. However you cant ignore that they had two weeks no league game to play in the voluntary cup and all the other additional fixtures. So yes its a farce, but its a farce that the sjfa members have contributed to. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I like Arthurlie as much as you can like a rival team, i hope they stay up. However you cant ignore that they had two weeks no league game to play in the voluntary cup and all the other additional fixtures. So yes its a farce, but its a farce that the sjfa members have contributed to. 

Its doesn't help when teams with floodlights are hardly given any midweek  games throughout the season.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It's Glenafton behind in games though. Having said that it's Darvel's fixtures causing problem 

Talbot well beat the night. 

wits aw this sporting integrity. 
I mind Talbot won the Scottish were oan the Ran Dan for the Sunday Monday and beat Pollok on the Tuesday to hand Medda the league. 
The leagues eiy finished at different stages. 

5 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

I mind Talbot won the Scottish were oan the Ran Dan for the Sunday Monday and beat Pollok on the Tuesday to hand Medda the league. 

It has. Doesn't make it right though. 

35 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Its doesn't help when teams with floodlights are hardly given any midweek  games throughout the season.

So clubs with floodlights have to sacrifice Saturday gate money because they’ve invested in floodlights. Hardly fair.

Should be playing more midweek games at the start of the season (maybe a round in the league cup, junior cup and Strathclyde demolition) before the dark nights kick in, leaving Saturday’s free later in the year when playing midweek isn’t an option unless you’ve got floodlights

27 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Aye in the good auld days

Fair play to Campbeltown Pupils, 2 wins and a draw in their last 3 games in 10 days. They keep plugging away and are by far the most travelled team in the league with a very limited pool of players to choose from. 

11 minutes ago, ibenji said:

So clubs with floodlights have to sacrifice Saturday gate money because they’ve invested in floodlights. Hardly fair.

Main complaint seems to be about these midweeks that are happening now, and even extending the season. The way some of the postponements have been handled hasn't worked out for a co-ordinated finish to the season.

Glenafton v. Beith played on 16/04 was originally slated for 12/08.

Glenafton v. Auchinleck Talbot  played on 02/04 was originally slated for 23/09.

If there hadn't been a 6 month wait in getting those games played it probably would have helped with some of that later fixture congestion that pushed things into a later finish to the season. Glenafton v. Beith and St Cadoc's were postponed twice which is why they've been sandwiched into midweeks in May because there's nowhere else.

32 minutes ago, ibenji said:

Should be playing more midweek games at the start of the season (maybe a round in the league cup, junior cup and Strathclyde demolition) before the dark nights kick in, leaving Saturday’s free later in the year when playing midweek isn’t an option unless you’ve got floodlights

We aren't talking about changing Saturday games to midweek, we are talking about rearranged games being played well in advance of the end of the season which are getting played in midweek in any case. I 100% agree with you in regard to the start of the season. We could play at least 2/3 rounds of games in august.

Personally I dont see it as bad as others do in terms of sporting integrity. Glenafton have had it in their own hands since we could only muster a draw at Loch Park last month. On tonights performance (and the last 4 league games) we seem to have hit some form since the Burgh games but have perhaps left it a bit too late to stay up (hopefully not). Our season will be 1 of missed opportunities and if we go down by a point or GD then we will look back on at least a half dozen games with real regret.