Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

Don't really know what to expect.

Our form is pretty brutal but I haven't seen any shortage of effort and we have come up with performances against the teams nearer our level.

I'm still mentally exhausted (and a bit hungover) from yesterday so god knows how the players feel.

Big ask to pick themselves up for Tuesday.

I'm still hopeful we've got a couple of performances left in us.

For me personally, the worst case scenario is both teams having to go at it again in league 2 next season.  One of us is bad enough, but both would just suck!

I can't see us winning on Tuesday. I think Saturday will have taken a lot out of the players, more mentally than anything else. However, if we could somehow be level in the tie heading into Saturday, I think we could do it. If we have a deficit to overturn, though, I think we'll be slipping into L2.

27 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I can't see us winning on Tuesday. I think Saturday will have taken a lot out of the players, more mentally than anything else. However, if we could somehow be level in the tie heading into Saturday, I think we could do it. If we have a deficit to overturn, though, I think we'll be slipping into L2.

I’m hoping it didn’t take a lot out of the players. Annan’s antics meant there were plenty stoppages. 

Missing Tuesday.  I've had tickets to see The Handsome Family the past 3 times that they've been supposed to play Glasgow and they kept postponing/cancelling. Not quite League Two pitch inspection levels of inconvenience, but it''s getting there. Assuming it's still a live tie on Saturday then I'll probably record the GB v Canada hockey game (which will be an absolute humping for us) and head through for the 2nd leg. 

2 hours ago, dave_binos said:

I’m hoping it didn’t take a lot out of the players. Annan’s antics meant there were plenty stoppages. 

I'm concerned about the mental turnaround than the physical load. Dumbarton have been preparing for the playoffs for weeks. Our players won't have given it a thought until Saturday night. Will we even have a training session before Tuesday's game? Any prep time at all?

Hard to believe there will be time for very much at all.

It's a massively quick turnaround and a huge mental ask to play two such important matches in such a short space of time.

9 hours ago, microdave said:

£17 adults

£11 over 65's

£5 under 16's

Cash only.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/play-off-ticketing-arrangements-confirmed/

Quite strange that they’re doing it this way. Would’ve preferred to be able to buy in advance. I doubt we’ll sell out the home end, but you could in theory have season ticket holders showing up and being turned away.

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Quite strange that they’re doing it this way. Would’ve preferred to be able to buy in advance. I doubt we’ll sell out the home end, but you could in theory have season ticket holders showing up and being turned away.

There is absolutely zero chance of the ground being full. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Agreed.

Half-full would be an achievement, given the apathy that has befallen the club over the last 7 years.

2 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Agreed.

Half-full would be an achievement, given the apathy that has befallen the club over the last 7 years.

Well, the Binos are trying, I see they are admitting their season ticket holders FOC this Saturday.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well, the Binos are trying, I see they are admitting their season ticket holders FOC this Saturday.

Interesting one.

Do both sides need to agree on admission charges for play-off games? Did Dumbarton agree to this? Are Stirling making up the cost of any lost gate share that Dumbarton are due?

36 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Interesting one.

Do both sides need to agree on admission charges for play-off games? Did Dumbarton agree to this? Are Stirling making up the cost of any lost gate share that Dumbarton are due?

The home club at its absolute discretion determines the entrance money so long as it’s the same for both sets of supporters and keeps the gate receipts after expenses.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I agree, but even that hypothetically season ticket holders could end up being turned away is odd. It won’t be full in the home end, but I’d imagine a few neutrals will come along.

Edited by FifeSons

16 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

The home club at its absolute discretion determines the entrance money so long as it’s the same for both sets of supporters and keeps the gate receipts after expenses.

I don’t follow on this one. How can it be the same for both sets of supporters if the Stirling season ticket holders get in for free?

The gate receipts are split, presumably? So are we getting less as a result? Presumably not, but I’m not seeing how.

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I don’t follow on this one. How can it be the same for both sets of supporters if the Stirling season ticket holders get in for free?

The gate receipts are split, presumably? So are we getting less as a result? Presumably not, but I’m not seeing how.

No, Albion Man said the home team retains the gate receipts so presumably Stirling are underwriting their ST holders.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, Albion Man said the home team retains the gate receipts so presumably Stirling are underwriting their ST holders.

Ah, thanks OKI. 10am on a day off before a coffee is clearly too early for me!

Edited by FifeSons