Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

Voted for Stirling before reading the comments here. After reading them, there’s been food for thought and I’m now backing a Sons win. Cagey 1-0 home win tomorrow and a 1-1 at Forthbank. 

I wish Dumbarton well. My current prediction is that Peterhead will win the whole thing but if I’m wrong on the other tie and its Spartans that you’re facing in the final, I’d be backing Dumbarton for that one. 

Unlike the past couple of seasons Dumbarton are going in with a bit of momentum behind them and theres a cautious optimism about their chances from what I’ve read on P&B. Doesn’t feel like there’s been as much of a “papering over the cracks” like there was last season with the seven game winning start giving you a lot of padding.

52 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, Albion Man said the home team retains the gate receipts so presumably Stirling are underwriting their ST holders.

We had over 1600 there on Saturday. The club are obviously optimistic of similar number  (unless we are out the tie by 9:30 tomorrow evening) but a brilliant gesture. 

Stirling have not been out of their depth in Lg 1. Apart from Fk, Ham and to a lesser degree Alloa we have been competitive and more. Scoring away from home has been difficult. Plastic surfaces ?? 
 Level after after 15mins might give me a bit of optimism.

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I don’t follow on this one. How can it be the same for both sets of supporters if the Stirling season ticket holders get in for free?

It is the same for both sets of fans.  If a Dumbarton fan is a season ticket holder at Stirling Albion, they get in for free.  Exactly the same as any league game.

38 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

More importantly, do Stirling offer a live stream? Some of us are working nightshift on Saturday night 🥲

I suspect they won’t, which would be proper shite. I reckon the blackout rule will put them off, even though they could easily do it for ‘overseas’ viewers.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

I reckon the blackout rule will put them off.

I suspect a bigger factor in putting us off is a lack of people at the club who have any idea how to do something like a livestream. 

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did you boys not do a stream during covid? 

Yep. It seems like we have stopped doing highlights which is shit for those who can’t attend games and rely on other teams posting the highlights. 

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did you boys not do a stream during covid? 

We did, but the young lad who led that now works for Raith Rovers. And our current 'media team' can barely be arsed putting up highlights.