Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

56 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

The worst thing about tomorrow is if we're drinking due to depression, or drinking to still being in with a chance, Stirling's pubs are going to be filled with all manner of OF morons ruining it for everyone else. 

And you might say, well just don't drink. 

We're Albion fans, behave yersel. 

Was a rangers fan taxi driver we got going to your ground last week. Guy honestly looked nuts. Question why we were going to watch that rubbish in stringer terms. Kept rattling on about religion in football and how it was Celtic who cause it. Didn’t take to well to us being Aberdeen fans. 7 minute taxi ride that felt a lifetime. If this is the creatures out watching the game in Stirling this weekend I don’t blame you for avoiding the pubs 

12 hours ago, Darkness78 said:

If it is any consolation, I think the play off winner is coming from the other tie. Surprised Stirling have slumped this season given their runaway success last year

Why?

We put 6 past Spartans at their ground on our last visit. I'd much rather play them than Peterhead if we do make it through this tie. Far from a given at 2-1 going into today's game. I still have flashbacks from *that* game at Forthbank and we're going to have to be at our best to go through at 4:50 this afternoon. If Farrell sets us out to try and defend the 2-1 lead then I'd be very concerned for us. Stirling score the first goal today to draw level on aggregate and there's a big question over our mental toughness to deal with that

Regardless of who goes through today, I don't think either side should be massively worried by either opponent in the final. Peterhead would be the one I'd want to avoid because of the midweek trip for the away tie. And over the course of the season they've been better than I thought they would be. But if they can overturn their deficit then I wouldn't be going into a game against them fearing the worst. I'd give either you or us a fair chance of securing League One football over the 2 legs of the final

20 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

couple of cracking strips on show there.

otherwise just bringing back some painful memories. not one of my favourite days at Forthbank.

That is one of our best strips ever

34 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Peterhead would be the one I'd want to avoid because of the midweek trip for the away tie.

I’m pretty sure if we progress then we play our home tie midweek regardless of the opponent. I do agree though, I’d rather avoid Peterhead as well, not that Spartans would be a gimme. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m pretty sure if we progress then we play our home tie midweek regardless of the opponent. I do agree though, I’d rather avoid Peterhead as well, not that Spartans would be a gimme. 

Both legs are midweek

Just now, microdave said:

If we get through, we're at home on Tuesday and the 2nd leg is on Friday night which I wouldn't class as midweek. 

I know what you mean but from the point of view of travel it’s like a midweek game. Seems pretty pointless to me and really takes away from the second leg having it in a Friday night rather than Saturday afternoon. All for the pennies that BBC Alba no doubt pay

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

They're both midweek games. The final round for us would be Tuesday/Friday. Which still gives us the problem of players needing time off from work in order to travel up. Far easier if we're only heading through to Edinburgh.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

32 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

They're both midweek games. The final round for us would be Tuesday/Friday. Which still gives us the problem of players needing time off from work in order to travel up. Far easier if we're only heading through to Edinburgh.

The last time we travelled to Edinburgh in the play offs we got royally pumped and that was midweek. There's no easy or easier way up here, we need to beat whatevers in front of us. 

Suppose the positive for us this year is we’re still in the tie, last year we were on our summer holidays after an embarrassment in the 1st leg. Be nice to get through today and set up a chance of promotion. Cmon the sons! 

11 hours ago, Moorie said:

Was a rangers fan taxi driver we got going to your ground last week. Guy honestly looked nuts. Question why we were going to watch that rubbish in stringer terms. Kept rattling on about religion in football and how it was Celtic who cause it. Didn’t take to well to us being Aberdeen fans. 7 minute taxi ride that felt a lifetime. If this is the creatures out watching the game in Stirling this weekend I don’t blame you for avoiding the pubs 

Stirling has a high c**t factor 

If we play like we did against Annan last weekend, we'll have a chance today. The more I think about it, the more I think Annan really got away with one that day. I know this is true of most teams, but we're much stronger at home. Didn't lose at home to anyone outside the top four this season. First goal will be so important.

19 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

If we play like we did against Annan last weekend, we'll have a chance today. The more I think about it, the more I think Annan really got away with one that day. I know this is true of most teams, but we're much stronger at home. Didn't lose at home to anyone outside the top four this season. First goal will be so important.

Agree 100% with this.  Only thing I hope is that DY's tactics are to give it a go from the start today. We need to score twice and I'd rather see a packed Forthbank go with the team than a nervy game which will give Dumbarton confidence. 

Even when Annan scored first last week there was a belief in the stand that it could be overturned,  I'm not sure that will be seen if the same happens today but a bit of intent early on will surely help. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Let's get through today and worry about everything else later. 

Absolutely correct, the only thing we can influence is that we remain in the mix, everything else is pure conjecture.