Killie in Europe 2024/25

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Nobody's greetin thou mate, just disappointed with the overall levels of performance, we got what we deserved, nothin, end of story.

20240714_202918.jpg

No shame for Killie tonight. Could easily have gone over there and got cuffed. 
Had the game on my iPad next to me with the buds game on the telly.

Phenomenal Killie support too. 👍👍

Looks like we’re both going to Norway on the same day. You’re going a wee bit further North than us though 🤣🤣

img_1_1722549313379.thumb.jpg.70f6ff5a42ba08c3658310631e3a5d8f.jpg

Incredible support tonight. I've had the time of my life the past few days. Was pretty emotional when the teams came out tonight, would never have thought I'd get to experience something like that with my dad and my mates. Disappointed in the result but wouldn't trade the time I've had here for anything. 

4 hours ago, Coooombe said:

img_1_1722549313379.thumb.jpg.70f6ff5a42ba08c3658310631e3a5d8f.jpg

Incredible support tonight. I've had the time of my life the past few days. Was pretty emotional when the teams came out tonight, would never have thought I'd get to experience something like that with my dad and my mates. Disappointed in the result but wouldn't trade the time I've had here for anything. 

What a travelling support 👏 noticed more than a few St Mirren fans around me with their phones out checking the latest score in Belgium and hoping to see Killie get a result. Disappointed to see you narrowly defeated but by all accounts gave a good account of yourselves against a team that probably just have that bit more quality in their team. 

Just noticed they closed the bottom tier and housed yous all in the top :lol: was the Rugby Park match commander in charge of that decision. It’s poor from them after you allowed their fans into the bottom tier last week, they obviously didn’t realise that luxury isn’t usually afforded to Scottish supports of a similar size. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Genuine question and I don’t mean this as troll-like as it sounds: do Kilmarnock always play that way?  I don’t think they played more than four passes in a row over the two legs without launching it, particularly in the first leg.  

It really surprised me, not having seen them that often of late.  It reminded me of Malky Mackay late era hoofball.  

Edited by Savage Henry

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Genuine question and I don’t mean this as troll-like as it sounds: do Kilmarnock always play that way?  I don’t think they played more than four passes in a row over the two legs without launching it, particularly in the first leg.  

It really surprised me, not having seen them that often of late.  It reminded me of Malky Mackay late era hoofball.  

No, that's what's so aggravating. We normally play through the midfield to get good service to Kennedy and Armstrong for lots and lots of crosses. If we had got the ball down and played our football we'd have won. 

13 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

The most disappointing thing is that was a very winnable tie against a bang average side.

Donnelly the worst player on the park. 

Remember that feeling all too often 😂

Unlucky Killie. Probably could have done with an extra round before coming up against a team of a decent standard.

I feel like the criticism of the team has been a bit over the top to be honest.

Brugge weren’t exactly Real Madrid but they weren’t Ayr United either. I said after the first leg that I thought they were about Hearts level and I stand by that. I think they would finish 3rd in this division. I appreciate the comments about us not playing football enough last night but they were right on top of us a lot of the time which made it hard to play.

However I definitely think McInnes got the team selection wrong (assuming everyone was fully fit). McKenzie hasn’t been a starter for the 2 seasons McInnes has had in the Prem so to suddenly decide he was the right man to start in that position was a big baffling.

I did think that Kennedy looked a bit off it last week and I wonder if he was fully fit.  However surely if that was a concern then you would play Murray instead.

I understand the experience factor may have came into play with McKenzie but for Rory to suddenly jump Watson, Polworth and Murray for a starting position did seem a bit off.

This all sounds like I’m blaming last night on Rory which I am definitely not.

Edited by Sortmeout

29 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I feel like the criticism of the team has been a bit over the top to be honest.

Brugge weren’t exactly Real Madrid but they weren’t Ayr United either. I said after the first leg that I thought they were about Hearts level and I stand by that. I think they would finish 3rd in this division.

I agree that Cercle Brugge would finish 3rd in Scotland, but that, in my opinion, makes then better than Hearts. As we all know there is a chasm between the Old Firm and their closest challengers leaving ample space for teams such as Cercle Brugge, FC Zurich or Qarabag etc to exist in the space between.

Europa League is a difficult ask for our teams. Our teams outside the OF aren't good enough to play at that level in the last few decades even allowing for Scottish teams underperforming. No-one wants to hear that, but the evidence is there. I don't think Kilmarnock deserve criticism. They have done well by qualifying for Europe and it's just the disappointment and emotion that leads to the criticism. 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I said after the first leg that I thought they were about Hearts level and I stand by that.

You did extremely well to limit them to a 2-1 win over the two legs, in that case. 

Annoyed at that performance more than the result. We did none of the stuff we're normally good at and failed to trouble a very average team.

Nice to see the fans of diddy teams on here also have diddy team patter. 

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Our normal way of playing is no secret - get the ball out wide and get crosses in. However Cercle had players out wide that were too fast and strong, and Armstrong in particular seemed feart to take them on.

So it was hoofball, to match theirs. Even watching Scottish fitba all this time, I've never seen so much head tennis.

I reckon Killie have a great shout of beating Tromso, we knocked out Rosenborg last season and they're about the same level, they were nothing special at all, you've got nothing to fear at all. 

FC København is a rotter of a potential draw in terms of progression, but a fabulous city to visit and their stadium always looks like a belter.

21 hours ago, Galajambo said:

I reckon Killie have a great shout of beating Tromso, we knocked out Rosenborg last season and they're about the same level, they were nothing special at all, you've got nothing to fear at all. 

Good to hear. Don't appear to be having all that good a season either. 

Important we do the job at home on Thurs to avoid any potential banana skins away.