Alloa v Accies Groundhog Day Part One

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Pics  ?  Nearly bought a honda hornet on marketplace that was decked out in the old Jordan F1 paint scheme  ,  B&H hornet livery

looked every bit an alloa themed bike  .

An Accies fan I know on Facebook posted this photo of the boy parking up outside the ground

441953447_1470024677258313_17599348010155545_n.jpg

11 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

That is a fair enough comment as if Alloa had went 3-1 up as they should have, it would have got nasty and the signs were there.

First half Accies should have been 2-0 up as Tumilty missed a sitter at 0-0, Alloa as aforementioned should have went 3-1 up before Accies came back into it.

Once again Andy Winter on as a Sub; last time he scored Stuart Taylor was probably the Manager and no Jake Hastie after a superb performance on Saturday.

No Jamie Hamilton or young Lewis Morgan either who could have offered a threat upfront the last 20 minutes and who Alloa would have known nothing about.

All to play for but hopefully for us the bigger pitch can see our wide players stretch the Alloa defence.

Finally decent support at both ends and looked a bit more than was declared.

Not being smart because its a common misconception that we have a tight pitch- I think when it comes to pitch dimensions Accies and Alloa playing surfaces are exact same width.

5 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Not being smart because its a common misconception that we have a tight pitch- I think when it comes to pitch dimensions Accies and Alloa playing surfaces are exact same width.

google says - Alloa 110 x 75 yards: Hamilton 105 x 69 metres which I make 114.9 x 75.5 yards if these are still the same and google is correct

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

REFEREEING CONSPIRACY INTENSIFIES

image.thumb.png.de8976f6481ba5a7767a432ef87fca70.png

Edit to say Bobby swears this was going in the top corner.

Can confirm this was definitely going in if not for the block, was basically in line with the strike where I was. From what I saw it did look like the defenders left leg which you can see is up there hit the ball not his hand

Edited by SouthStander1876

35 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Can confirm this was definitely going in if not for the block, was basically in line with the strike where I was. From what I saw it did look like the defenders left leg which you can see is up there hit the ball not his hand

Next frame is his hand snapping back but if it bounces off his foot then that's excusable. They got a goal kick which was bang out though 🤣

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Next frame is his hand snapping back but if it bounces off his foot then that's excusable. They got a goal kick which was bang out though 🤣

Yeah 100%, was confused when the player got up from the injury and the goalie had the ball right enough. Was a great strike from Wales.

14 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Was there ever a quoted price for Ben Williamson? Be interesting to know what the going rate for a player like that is.

I can only assume the ‘undisclosed fee’ was paid to us by Rangers for taking him off their books.

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I remember that you narrowed the pitch a few years ago, so maybe some folk have that in the back of their minds when thinking about your pitch?

7 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

An Accies fan I know on Facebook posted this photo of the boy parking up outside the ground

441953447_1470024677258313_17599348010155545_n.jpg

Very good ,fair play to him i would be a bit worried leaving it around a football ground though ,

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Very good ,fair play to him i would be a bit worried leaving it around a football ground though ,

Maybe he's hoping someone nicks it?

I thought we were good in the first half last night but the start to the second half was really disappointing Alloa deservedly went 2-1 up and at one point it wouldn't have been surprising if they had made 3 or more

Rankin's subs again were terrible how are Martin and Barjonas getting subbed off when Williamson and Davidson remain on the pitch I've actually quite liked Williamson so far but he was rotten last night with Davidson I don't even get why he's playing as he's ineligible if us and Inverness make the final and he's not really impressed me at all since he signed doesn't look interested to me. Again he brings guys like Winter and Redfren on over Hastie and Kirk and Morgan didn't even make the bench. 

I thought both Henderson and O'Hara were excellent last night and kept us in the game with their performance. Owens again showing that he's probably our best player when he came on needs to start on Saturday ahead of McGowan but Rankin won't drop him. Kilday was also good last  and i think Smithy done well last night really impressed me the last few games he's played in either him or Hastie should start on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

makes Taylors goal look even more classy  .

53709269084_bbfd79ec81_w.jpg

I did think that when I saw it. You don't appreciate the curl to the bottom corner in the highlights.

I'm sure most Alloa fans will be on a supporters bus or driving through today.

However there is significant disruption on the Glasgow Queen St to/from Alloa line due to a "shortage of train staff" - now I can't imagine what could be on at 12:30pm that *may* have caused a couple sickies to be thrown 🙄

Looks ok for folk to get out of Alloa as the next 3 trains to Glasgow QS are running however after the game the first train due to run doesn't leave Glasgow QS until 20:50....just a quick heads up for any Alloa fans coming through on the train!