Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

4-2-3-1 with Vaughan up top, Connolly and Turner wide, Stanton behind and a sitting two of Brown and Byrne. Fairly conservative.

Main concern for Thistle imo is midfield. I don’t really rate our midfield pairing of Neilson and Stanway (I like both as individual players), and Raith have been noticeably better than us in midfield in the head-to-head games this season. 

Hoping we keep the ball on the deck with that attack. Partick centre backs will have a field day vs Vaughan for any high balls. Hopefully we can tire them and then bring on Hamilton to ragdoll the defence towards the end of the game.

Getting fairly nervous about it but this feels like the best chance we've had of going up in a long time.

Looks like the plan is to sit in and play on the counter until we go 3 down then panic and fling Hamilton and Rudden on.

That’s one question answered anyway- Matthews at right back. 

I don’t mind that line-up to be fair, as long as we don’t start lumping high balls to Vaughan. 

Just now, stevoraith said:

That’s one question answered anyway- Matthews at right back. 

I don’t mind that line-up to be fair, as long as we don’t start lumping high balls to Vaughan

How many minutes do you give it?

I don't think there's much between the starting teams but Raith's bench has at least 5 reasonable or better attacking options. We have teenage strikers and the ghost of Blair Alston. 

What's the weather like there?  Granted I'm 30 miles away roughly but it's been absolutely horsing it down for an hour solid now.

Not the lineup I would’ve chose.

Connolly hasn’t done anything to merit a start in this game. Very conservative and safe.

McGill, Smith and Hamilton for me.

Hopefully Murray has this figured out considering he’s seen them up close twice last week.

Not a fan of having both Brown and Byrne in midfield together. Starting Turner on left wing ahead of Easton or Smith off the back of one good performance against an Arbroath side who had clearly chucked it is crazy. Watching the previous round against Airdrie I would have thought Hamilton was a certain starter up front. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

No, it’s not the case for all streets nearby.

There are parking restrictions in force down near the Woodside Inn, and they’ve started to put meters in up on the streets opposite Munn’s as well, but I’ve never seen anyone out checking for tickets during a Thistle game.

Apparently they do as I am now £60 lighter due to their diligence