Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

As much as I'd hope for the ideal scenario of Thistle being fatigued and us being sharper I'm not expecting that - I suspect it'll be a relatively close game with both teams looking evenly matched. I'm surprisingly calm ahead of this, which is not normally a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

As much as I'd hope for the ideal scenario of Thistle being fatigued and us being sharper I'm not expecting that - I suspect it'll be a relatively close game with both teams looking evenly matched. I'm surprisingly calm ahead of this, which is not normally a good thing. 

It's ok, I'm probably nervous enough for the both of us (and a few more too).

Feck it ,just get tore in Jags.The law of averages must be with us in getting something against this mob and BBG's eye is certainly in and in the mood.

7 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

When are the officials announced for this match?

Here are the officials for the 1st leg.

The 2nd leg appointments should be out tomorrow at some point 

Screenshot_20240513_161309_Chrome.jpg

25 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

The law of averages must be with us in getting something against this mob

I'll not begrudge you the win tomorrow so long as come full time on Friday we're in the final 😝

On 11/05/2024 at 00:44, Wacky said:

Well this is an interesting one. Partick started slow in the last two playoff games, but grew into the game and even looked the far sharper side. Raith have been pretty quick starters in the games I’ve seen them play, and have played some of the best football I’ve seen this season. They are very capable of hurting a slow starting team, and on their game they can hold onto a lead if they don’t switch off like what happened against Arbroath. 
If this game is anything close to the last two playoffs it’ll be fantastic. 
Purely for selfish reasons I wish Raith the very worst of luck in these playoffs. I want the big game atmosphere that they bring when playing us. Even though they whitewashed us this season, the atmosphere at the games was fantastic, and I selfishly want more of the same this coming season 

Are you suggesting Ross County won’t bring that kind of atmosphere to away games?!?!

Can’t see us winning this tie as our record at Starks is abysmal and the depleted squad will be blowing out its arse by the end of the 2nd leg.

I think if we don’t win tomorrow (ideally by more than 1) we have no chance

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'll not begrudge you the win tomorrow so long as come full time on Friday we're in the final 😝

According to the Sybil there will be no dancing in the streets of Raith on Friday ,she did sound vague though .

Edited by I Clavdivs

24 minutes ago, Braesoyetts said:

Are you suggesting Ross County won’t bring that kind of atmosphere to away games?!?!

HELP MA BOAB! 
Ah cannae git it right fur gittin it wrang. The only thing I’m suggesting is a wee lie doon. Am auld don’t ye know?
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit glue sniffin 

Posted (edited)

Depends on which team turns up tomorrow, fingers crossed we take a lead up the road from Tuesday but we've not played a full game for almost 2 weeks🙄

Edited by lellywong

I think we're probably not going any further, we've looked knackered at the end of both Airdrie games, I think we really miss Lawless and not having the luxury of being able to bring Adeloye on in the second half. Beating Raith over two legs just beyond us now. 

12 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Rangers playing at Ibrox tonight so traffic could be heavier than the usual standstill on the M8.

See you all there. COYR.

The game at Ibrox kicks off at 7.30 so most of them should be on the other side of the Clyde by the time we arrive.

The underground will be much busier before and after though.