Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The referee made a couple of odd decisions but I didn't think it affected the game at all. Felt the free-kick Thistle scored from probably was one because Murray's arm was out from his side on the turn, but that yellow and the one a few minutes after it were both harsh. Raith lost the head completely at that point which would surely be a worry given they'll have another pressure situation next week. However, I didn't think there were any major game-changing decisions by the ref.

Murrays was never a booking but the Corr one a few minutes after it was a definite booking for me. 

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The referee made a couple of odd decisions but I didn't think it affected the game at all. Felt the free-kick Thistle scored from probably was one because Murray's arm was out from his side on the turn, but that yellow and the one a few minutes after it were both harsh. Raith lost the head completely at that point which would surely be a worry given they'll have another pressure situation next week. However, I didn't think there were any major game-changing decisions by the ref.

I don't think we started until thistle scored. We where very poor from the off and didn't cope well with thistles early press. Our goal probably came at the perfect time as it seemed to settle us down a bit and we where playing with a bit more confidence/ belief from the. If we'd got in at ht 1-1 I think thistle would have tired earlier than they did and allowed us to win it in 90, but they got a perfectly timed "equaliser" which spurred them on in the second half and beyond while denting us. 

The ref was genuinely awful for both teams and has been every time iv seen him this season. I can see why the fk was given against Murray but at the same time, all he's doing is turning so his arm is naturally in that position. I wouldn't say it was a fk and it definitely wasn't a booking. 

McLean is a prize fud who changed the nature of the game for us last night, flashing yellow card in the first 15 mins of such an important game, yet let a helluva lot worse against us go unpunished throughout the whole night

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

flashing yellow card in the first 15 mins of such an important game

Should there really be more yellows given out in run-of-the-mill league games than in playoff matches? If it's a yellow, it's a yellow; you shouldn't get a free pass because it might disadvantage a team in an important match. That Uruguayan deserved his red in '86, regardless of when it was in the match.

And to think that any referee in the country really gives enough of a f**k who wins between Partick Thistle and Raith Rovers to risk their reputation. My word. Never put down to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

Edited by DiegoDiego

2 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Just watched penalties back. Some poor efforts from Mitchell saving a few of those Raith penalties.

Eh? Am a Rovers man and he was close to 3 of them on top of the one he did save. Awa lie doon min.

Can anyone remotely remember when in the game Corr pulled off the reverse header when we was last man with Graham right next to him? Couldn’t believe he had the audacity to even attempt it given the circumstances.

10 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Eh? Am a Rovers man and he was close to 3 of them on top of the one he did save. Awa lie doon min.

Exactly he should’ve saved at least another 1 of those 

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

Can anyone remotely remember when in the game Corr pulled off the reverse header when we was last man with Graham right next to him? Couldn’t believe he had the audacity to even attempt it given the circumstances.

Yes, very lucky. Daft stuff like that will be why he's barely played.

Just now, RRFC1989 said:

Subbed at 82 mins so must’ve been just before that. Our heart rates were already sky high without that craziness 

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

I'm still trying to figure out if he intended to do it or not. My best guess is, he got very lucky. 

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

20240519_012256.thumb.jpg.4ba6be95b3186e2b3784e47ec29d51af.jpg

20 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

Went to Starks last night as a neutral. Scottish football at its finest, great atmosphere from both sets of fans, match played at a fast pace. Great game. 

Here is a video of the last penalty and celebrations for the Raith fans. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Absolutely love this, not just the winning penalty but you've perfectly captured my daughter's sheer elation and celebration - a moment I missed in real time due to going tonto myself!

On 18/05/2024 at 06:58, RandomGuy. said:

sidkimp-2blt9bqz1.thumb.jpg.626976d742574b8800e299f0d53630e1.jpg

in all seriousness Raith seem pretty open at the back, and subs make that worse. If space is there then these two have already shown they'll cause carnage. Neither played 900 minutes since signing but ones got 3 goals and the other has 4.

No idea who these dudes are, but if they are so effective then you shouldn’t be in the play off place 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Agree with a lot of this. Club seems obsessed with the singing section despite all the shit behaviour it brings. Happy with a singing section but if you’re going to consistently throw flares and burn the pitch get yourself to f**k. 

I'm guessing these "singing section" individuals have season tickets and therefore an allocated section or seats. Surely if the club know the section the flares are coming from, can everyone entering that section not be security searched. At the Hydro up to 14k people are security searched on entry so why not at Starks. I realise there's a cost but if it's an issue the club needs to address....

2 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

I'm guessing these "singing section" individuals have season tickets and therefore an allocated section or seats. Surely if the club know the section the flares are coming from, can everyone entering that section not be security searched. At the Hydro up to 14k people are security searched on entry so why not at Starks. I realise there's a cost but if it's an issue the club needs to address....

All under 16s are searched. Any suspect looking adults (anyone 17-30) are asked to pat down their own pockets…