St Johnstone vs Ross County clash of the hapless

No point dwelling on today’s nonsense.  

Somehow County can secure safety with a win, and you’d think a draw would be enough.  But our away form is appalling.  My advice for County  and St Johnstone fans comes from Withnail and I…. 

All right, this is the plan. We get in the Mallard and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50s each. That means we'll miss out on Wednesday but come up smiling Thursday morning.”

Can't see us not conceding, tbh, so that probably means we don't win. Fans are pretty much unanimously against Levein and a lot of the squad too, so I don't think much encouragement will come from the stand despite the stakes, depends how we start really.

Levein "delighted" with our performance today so guess we'll see similar, maybe Gallacher will be fit and go into the team instead of someone, but you never know whos going to come in/drop out anymore.

Posted (edited)

Craig Levein to Happy Clap his way through a pre-recorded podcast when he laughs and jokes about managers being sacked while leaving the failed highland league manager to train a side. 

Edited by mizfit

It is well within St Johnstone FC’s best interests to allow Ross County to win this association soccer match. The damage that the loss of ‘The Mallard’ would do to the top flight is unimaginable, and the above result goes a long way to preventing this from happening and fighting the evil in St Johnstone.

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

At least let me get over today first. 

I don’t think either set of fans wants to dwell on today, to be fair.  Let’s pretend it never happened is my attitude.  

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t think either set of fans wants to dwell on today, to be fair.  Let’s pretend it never happened is my attitude.  

For that I say fair play. Meanwhile I’m just gonna be moping around the house scunnered for the next few hours. 

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

For that I say fair play. Meanwhile I’m just gonna be moping around the house scunnered for the next few hours. 

Likewise!  I’m just hoping it all kicks off at Eurovision to take my mind of it.  Off the booze currently so I can’t go out and get blasted in the sun either!

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It is well within St Johnstone FC’s best interests to allow Ross County to win this association soccer match. The damage that the loss of ‘The Mallard’ would do to the top flight is unimaginable, and the above result goes a long way to preventing this from happening and fighting the evil in St Johnstone.

The Mallard in Perth is a fine substitute.

After today’s collapse even if we scrape a win in this one, I can’t see us winning both of our last two and feel County will hose Aberdeen at home.

What an absolute waste today, we should be above County tonight. I’d like Levein sacked tonight purely cos someone suffering for today would make me feel better.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Pumpt. Not sure who, but somebody is getting pumpt. 

We've not scored more than 2 goals in a league game, and won, since 3rd September 2022.

We've actually only managed it 4 times in the league (Oct 2020 (5-3), Feb 2021 (3-0), Oct 2021 (3-1), Sep 2022 (3-0)) since Tommy Wright left us over 4 years ago (he managed 4 in 17/18 alone).

So aye, we won't be "pumping" anyone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The Mallard in Perth is a fine substitute.

As the crow flies probably the closest pub to McDiarmid that’s actually a pub. (Glovers is a pub themed restaurant)

Posted (edited)

Very much a tombola selection on Saturday but it worked and can't see the need for much change, especially because you largely trust those 11 players, as opposed to some of the bench options.

Neither Smith or probably Kucheriavyi should be playing another minute this season.

A week for players you trust.

We are where we deserve to be in the league but have said all season I like the County squad and they should be far more disappointed at being involved in this battle.

Edited by Radford