St Johnstone vs Ross County clash of the hapless

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

some atmosphere, like a reserve game

Not sure what you’re expecting after the season we’ve had and the overall performance today. 

Sidibeh might have saved our skin for now but i just can’t see both results on Sunday going our way tbh. 

Edited by Miguel Simao

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

County getting way too much credit, they were dung too.

Aye but they were comfortably the better team in that second half. Not that that’s saying hellosh much given our second half performance.

I particularly enjoyed Levien changing nearly everything he could except still leaving Clark in that 10 role. 

Just now, nelsjfc said:

I particularly enjoyed Levien changing nearly everything he could except still leaving Clark in that 10 role. 

And Carey on the right of the midfield. Just fucking insanity. Levein is a moron.

A disgrace Dhanda played in that match. The only footballer on the park and him coming off saved us as there's zero chance he doesn't create, or score, with the amount of space in our half in that last 10 minutes.

Must be nice have a creative players who actually good though, we're stuck with Carey doing rabonas to offside players when a simple pass sees us go 4v3 against a defence when we desperately need a goal. Well done for finally setting a goal up 30 minutes later though, Graham. 

And that's why we'll finish 11th. When it matters, the quality isn't there. 2 simple goals in the past week for other sides, and we've not even tested the keeper with either. Stevie Mays powderpuff effort a game changing moment.

No faith in this side winning the play off. They tried but you could tell in the second half they'd lost the crowd and they won't recover that now. They've let everyone down too often.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye but they were comfortably the better team in that second half. Not that that’s saying hellosh much given our second half performance.

I disagree, two utterly shite team slogging it out. Mitov had nothing to do 2nd half.

Just seen the goal and it's worse than I remember. MacPherson and Phillips literally just stand and watch Dhanda stroll into the box unmarked and score, then try and blame Gordon.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen the goal and it's worse than I remember. MacPherson and Phillips literally just stand and watch Dhanda stroll into the box unmarked and score, then try and blame Gordon.

It was absolutely ridiculous. Just watching the guy walk into the box. 

That wasn't very enjoyable at all.

That was absolutely brutal. I  honestly don’t know what they do on a daily basis because if that is the result they sure as shit don’t work on patterns of play, tactical awareness or even set pieces. We just shell the ball from back to front and hope either Sidibe or Kimpioka can get behind the defence. Would say it’s like something from the 60s but that would be unfair on 60s football. On the odd occasion when we did get the ball down the lack of tempo was unreal. While Saturday can be laid at the players door this one was absolutely on the 2 imposters  standing in the technical area.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t that big, but we’ve just undeservedly pulled a goal back from nowhere and win a corner with a minute to go… 
You feel County might be a bit shell shocked and the crowd finally gets dragged into it and all you’re hoping for is that one final chance…

And our most technically capable player shells the ball miles too high from the corner and the game fizzles out to nothing. It’s exactly what we are, just a nothing team full of players not knowing what they’re meant to be doing.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Phillips had an absolute mare tonight too.

We robbed a point there and 2 very poor sides, with County just being slightly less poor. Our midfield was non existent really and alongside Phillips, Macapherson being a lazy passenger helps no one.

We have a lifeline, but I fear it is merely prolonging innevitable drop to the playoff.

Levein needs gone, but he's getting these last few games regardless.

Most disappointing was the lack of hunger from the players.

Special mention to the fef for being both the worst and most confusing ref I've seen in a long while. Was 2/3 periods in that game where no one had a clue what was happening and oddest end to a game I've seen. No one knew if the game had finished or not! 

That is absolutely, 100% on Cowie there. 3 absolutely fucking woeful subs. Taking Dhanda off, especially, was a war crime. 

I don’t have much faith in us winning Sunday, so best hope for something in the way of an favour off of Ketts. 

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That is absolutely, 100% on Cowie there. 3 absolutely fucking woeful subs. Taking Dhanda off, especially, was a war crime. 

I don’t have much faith in us winning Sunday, so best hope for something in the way of an favour off of Ketts. 

The Dhanda sub was bizarre. No chance against Aberdeen. They should have gone for it. Gutted

Posted (edited)

Utterly dreadful, gutless. The club, manager and captain asked for the crowd to back them and we did, initially, but they gave us absolutely nothing back. At points I questioned whether our players were actively trying to slow the game down, 1-0 down at home in what was at the very least a must not lose game. Utterly remarkable. 

I didn't even celebrate the equaliser. I know it's given us a chance on Sunday but honestly, I feel the draw is the worst of all worlds for us. If we'd won, we could go with our strongest 11 knowing that a win keeps us safe. A defeat tonight means we could give our strongest 11 (lol) an 8 day rest before the play off final. This outcome just means we have to play our best players (double lol) and it might be all for nothing 5 days before a tough away match in either Kirkcaldy or Glasgow. 

God I miss Tommy Wright. His teams displayed more effort and heart in meaningless end of season games than the current team (and manager) showed in what was a hugely important game tonight. What made us such a success over such a sustained period of time is completely lost now and it's so obvious we need a fresh start in every part of the club. Even the pitch didn't look like it had been cut tonight and I couldn't see the lines up towards the North Stand. 

Edited by Kyle