CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes agreed we know its a lot more to it than ground, I'm sure they need a U20s, which I think they have?
Obviously the rules to be licensed have changed since a few years ago and always will change but Yoker are in a way better situation than most in getting their license but as the ground is shared tenants I'm sure its paper work thats outstanding and following a few rules and all is needed is getting help from other SFA license holders including Clydebank.   

Anyone any idea?

Yoker unfortunately have a dire lack of folk helping behind the scenes. It's now at most 2 folk who do the work with some others helping on matchdays. 

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

What have been the major updates on licensing since the past coupe of years, have there been any changes or added extras?

The application fee for starters, and the time limits to apply.

17 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

More to it than just the ground, I know slightly different as St Cadocs are only tenants at Benburb so unsure how that would work for them either. 

Being a tenant does not appear to be an issue for the SFA. Broomhill, Clyde are two examples of nomadic clubs hip hopping around the country. There are maybe others but can't say whom with any certainty.

On 19/08/2024 at 00:08, leaguereformer said:

When i visited Beechwood for the Cumnock derby a couple weeks ago I was surprised how many wheelchair users were in the stand.  I found that great that they obviously have good facilities to cater for all supporters.   Probably in the WoS that ground has been the most wheelchair users I’ve seen.   I have not recalled seeing a great deal of wheelchair users at many other grounds or certainly not as much as that game.   I would like to think all teams are welcoming and can fully accommodate all fans.     

If you provide decent facilities then you will attract the casual viewer. We charge 50p and every penny is put back into the stand. The seats from Bristol City, the bird netting and painting. It grinds my gears when somebody complains, it cost me 50p for  pickle out the chippy on Thursday.

Edited by beaver watch

1 hour ago, beaver watch said:

If you provide decent facilities then you will attract the casual viewer. We charge 50p and every penny is put back into the stand. The seats from Bristol City, the bird netting and painting. It grinds my gears when somebody complains, it cost me 50p for  pickle out the chippy on Thursday.

100% it's a great facility and 50p is nothing really

3 minutes ago, Cmon the Hill said:

Interesting tie at Home Park next Saturday.

How does the EoSFL Premier league standard compare with the West?

I saw St Andrews the other week v Whitburn and they struggled that day and it hasn’t got much easier for them since then - I think they’ve promoted a few lads from their 20s and they are finding the step up difficult. If Bankies play as they are capable of it could be a tough afternoon for the visitors 

2 hours ago, Cmon the Hill said:

Interesting tie at Home Park next Saturday.

How does the EoSFL Premier league standard compare with the West?

Its definitely weaker in the East now as most of the top teams have either moved to the Lowland League or even beyond into the SPFL.  The two biggies still left I'd say who are most consistent are Jeanfield Swifts and Penicuik Athletic, although Sauchie leads the League with Musselburgh behind them but the rest not really that much.

Parkranger even red dots about something he's hasn't even a clue about, he doesn't even go to any East Games 🤣.  He even red dotted about a team that does a lot of work for the local communities and charity and he still red dotted the poster.   I love it as some people are not too bright 🤣🤣 and he's just a wee jealous guy the same with lanemark, they are my stalkers, the rest are just amateur  

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 minutes ago, Cmon the Hill said:

Thanks for the replies, with no game at Lochburn I'll be heading there.

Should be a decent game: league form, in theory, goes out the window in such contests.

I'm not sure League Form goes out the window in such games. For me, it would be a major shock if Clydebank don't win this tie comfortably.   

20 minutes ago, Cmon the Hill said:

Thanks for the replies, with no game at Lochburn I'll be heading there.

Should be a decent game: league form, in theory, goes out the window in such contests.

You’ll see a good football team move the ball about and hopefully test the St Andrews keeper, its quite fun to watch this side this season.

13 hours ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Great day out yesterday and met some lovely people in the wee bar in the ground after the game  and the Silver Tassie pre/post match

That is nice to hear.  Glad you enjoyed your day as in the end that is what it is all about.

I know people get upset on here if/when one makes predictions but I have to say, Clydebank were far and away the best team I have seen thus far and I cant see any other team even getting close to you.  The league is yours to lose. 

The first half was very even but for the first 20 mins of the second half, the Bankies were totally and utterly dominant.  Before Saturday I thought Talbot were the best I had seen (and IMO we should have beat them) but that was different level.  Good support as well.  Be a bit of a local derby once that Renfrew-Yoker bridge opens up!

On 23/08/2024 at 20:29, BANKIEBILL said:

Yoker unfortunately have a dire lack of folk helping behind the scenes. It's now at most 2 folk who do the work with some others helping on matchdays. 

They should capitalise on this. It’s nation~wide and further …💰 

What a brilliant advert for your club.

IMG_2149.jpeg