Just now, NFL12 said:

I know that. I bet Maryhill has more Rangers fans than Partick fans. Deal with that.

Easy enough to deal with it. Thistle fans don't look at Rangers as our big team. Kilmarnock fans however?

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Easy enough to deal with it. Thistle fans don't look at Rangers as our big team. Kilmarnock fans however?

You are telling me who I support or look up to? Sounds like a primary school argument. Good night.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I know we won’t because of the circumstances of the game and our already secured finishing position but I wish the club would go all the way on this and really push for some sort of consequence for the referee. That’s twice this season a referee has apologised for an error costing us a goal. It’s not good enough.

I'm afraid this would be pathetic Old Firm behaviour. There were loads of mistakes on that park tonight and most of them were from our players rather than the referee.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I'm afraid this would be pathetic Old Firm behaviour. There were loads of mistakes on that park tonight and most of them were from our players rather than the referee.

So?

If I make a mistake at my work does that mean it’s ok for you to make one at yours? 

I make mistakes at my work all the time because I have to make a lot of decisions. I also often have to stand up in front of a room of people and speak to them, and inevitably I'll misspeak at some point or tie myself in knots. Nobody suddenly thinks I'm incompetent when this happens, they just accept that I'm human.

Referees are always going to make mistakes, just like footballers are going to make mistakes. The better ones in each case make less of them, but still not none. Even in that goal itself, yes the game probably should have been stopped, but we also didn't defend it well. Should we be putting out a statement asking why Ndaba didn't track his runner and asking what is going to be done about it too?

People need to simply grow up and accept that sometimes mistakes are made.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I make mistakes at my work all the time because I have to make a lot of decisions. I also often have to stand up in front of a room of people and speak to them, and inevitably I'll misspeak at some point or tie myself in knots. Nobody suddenly thinks I'm incompetent when this happens, they just accept that I'm human.

Referees are always going to make mistakes, just like footballers are going to make mistakes. The better ones in each case make less of them, but still not none. Even in that goal itself, yes the game probably should have been stopped, but we also didn't defend it well. Should we be putting out a statement asking why Ndaba didn't track his runner and asking what is going to be done about it too?

This. This. This. 

9 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

You seem a tad touchy. Pretending to be on a fishing expedition, then immediately responding to any replies is not the look you think it is. 

Brendan wasn't kidding when he said Celtic come alive this time of the season. Brilliant performance and even better atmosphere. Hard to pick out individuals after a performance like that Idah was dominant, Maeda is one of a kind and O'Riley, what a player. Manager deserves plenty credit, so good to be singing his song again. He didn't have anything to apologise for to me, but I think that puts the way he left before in the bin. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Goodness Killie. As bad as your big brothers from Ibrox.

You clearly know f**k all about the Killie support if you think there is a semblance of truth in that statement. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

For me, the events on the pitch were secondary last night. As soon as Rangers scored their third against Dundee, you knew that Celtic's players were going to turn up and really bust a gut to get the title over the line - they played really well and it would have taken a team from a far higher echelon of football to have stopped them. Ultimately, the headlines will be all about them and the title win - however, this should detract none from the season that we've had. Given how things panned out, this was the worst possible fixture for us to have as our last home game of the season and really let the players know how much we've appreciated their efforts over the season, but a danger of finishing in the top six is always that you get to host a title party for someone else. Regardless, the Killie players deserve all the plaudits for an excellent season. 

Given where we were this time last year, and also this time two and even three years ago, it's night and day. Despite this being our heaviest defeat of the season, it by no means defines our season. Last night is over and done with, and we can look forward to a really fun day of partying in Dundee no matter the result. The Killie players deserve all the praise they've earned throughout the season, and we have one last chance to appreciate them on the pitch before the attention turns to Germany in the summer. 

I can't wait. 

Well beaten last night but the first goal is a foul/head knock. The fact the referee apologised to Mcinnes says it all. He stopped the game a couple other times for lesser incidents. 

After that goal celtic relaxed and that's probably the best i've seen them against us in a while. We were brutal for the most part except Watson who was everywhere and Armstrong who showed some nice skill and scored a cracker of a goal. VAR really needed to just give us the benefit there. Was so tight with limited cameras to actually verify it. It wouldn't have made any difference in the grand scheme of things.

The amount of celtic fans in the home end was disappointing but not a surprise but no where near as bad as it used to be.

Overall a great season for us and looking forward to some european ties.

That was the cherry on top last night. Killie have been our bogey team but I’m certain the Brodge used that as motivation as they were turning on the style. 

Sets us up with a party atmosphere on Saturday. 

According to KB (not always the most reliable source, I find) there was the usual selection of home stand infiltrators and pro-IRA songs. Is this true? I'm one of those bad Killie fans (apparently) who won't share my space with scum. 

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

So we’ll just never complain about or discuss any poor refereeing decision again then? 

The referee looked round at our man lying on the floor with a head knock (that he seems to agree he has seen) and chooses to move on with the game.  Why should we just accept that? 

Your comments about Ndaba make no sense. Ndaba is our player and any criticism of his performance would be done internally. Who asked for a statement to be made about the referee? I don’t think I did.

How far should referee mistakes be allowed to go before the referee suffers some sort of consequence for it? I’ll refer back to Ndaba as you brought him up. He got hooked at half time for his performance, based on your logic of players and referees getting the same treatment does that mean that, as the club did do something about Ndaba’s first half display, that the referee should’ve been replaced at half time too? 

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

So we’ll just never complain about or discuss any poor refereeing decision again then? 

The referee looked round at our man lying on the floor with a head knock (that he seems to agree he has seen) and chooses to move on with the game.  Why should we just accept that? 

Your comments about Ndaba make no sense. Ndaba is our player and any criticism of his performance would be done internally. Who asked for a statement to be made about the referee? I don’t think I did.

How far should referee mistakes be allowed to go before the referee suffers some sort of consequence for it? I’ll refer back to Ndaba as you brought him up. He got hooked at half time for his performance, based on your logic of players and referees getting the same treatment does that mean that, as the club did do something about Ndaba’s first half display, that the referee should’ve been replaced at half time too? 

Did you not say he acknowledged the mistake and apologised? What impact do you want this to have on his career that satisfies you here? And why does the appraisal process at the SFA have anything to do with Kilmarnock or any other club? 

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Did you not say he acknowledged the mistake and apologised? What impact do you want this to have on his career that satisfies you here? And why does the appraisal process at the SFA have anything to do with Kilmarnock or any other club? 

Wants him put in the stocks and pies launched at his napper.

There’s been instances all season of headknocks being second guessed because of all the dobbers faking them.   

Have seen a few of our fans complaining at there being some Celtic fans in amongst the home support, which seems like it's always going to happen at a game of this magnitude. I know that the club have measures put in place to try and minimise this, but you're never going to stop them all. Ultimately, I don't really have an issue with people going into the main stand and trying to fit in/act like neutrals/sit on their hands if they can behave themselves. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen and I was quite pleased to see a few away fans getting ejected from the ground for outing themselves. 

I've seen some Celtic fans complaining that the reason there were "so many" undercover away fans in the home end was due to us halving their allocation. Maybe it is if you live in a fantasy land. In reality, we have the largest away end in the country and more Rangers and Celtic fans will be able to get into games against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park than will get into an Old Firm match next season. Both OF sides have substantial fanbases that span across the globe and there is always going to be demand to go to their games that outweighs the number of seats that the other 10 clubs' stadia can accommodate. In the past, I know that the old regime gave our fans a vote to give Celtic all three "new" stands and house all the home support in the Frank Beattie, which we voted for as a one-off to allow the club to make some money. Even that day there were infiltrators in the home end. Those days are gone now, and when the OF come to Rugby Park there is definitely a better atmosphere in the home stands. 

I will never understand why the "you should sell more seats to us because we're giving your club money rather than have empty seats" brigade think that they're so virtuous and generous by giving their money over - at the end of the day, it's our home ground and if we don't look after our own fans' interests then there's no chance of them coming back for games against St. Mirren or Dundee or Ross County. There comes a point where you have to ask, how accommodating is too accommodating towards away fans? A similar situation occurs for us when we go to play St. Mirren in Paisley and the away end holds around 1,600. Around a decade or so ago, I remember St. Mirren giving us a chunk of their West Stand (around a third) and it definitely gave a slight advantage to us as the away team, but since their relegation and subsequent promotion back to the Premiership the North Bank ultras have moved into that part of the stand and it's no longer a viable option to give away fans that end. If I don't manage to get one of the 1,600 tickets or so, I accept that this is because of the demand and I'll see if I can get the VPN on the go and watch the game on my laptop instead. I don't go on and complain that it's because I'm not wanted - I'm sure if the stand was bigger, St. Mirren would gladly accept my money, but that's just life. 

Furthermore, a lot of issues could easily be resolved if people could actually just behave themselves at the fitba. Maybe I'm too idealistic with that suggestion, but it's worth trying.