Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

well today's news wasn't expected but having seen his post match interview not totally unexpected. 

unclear whether he jumped, was pushed or something more mutual. its hard to deny the season was ultimately a failure. 

I'm open to ideas on a successor...........

1 minute ago, andy n said:

I reckon McIndoe from Edinburgh is next!

Oh please no.. Chris Geddes certainly a left field interesting suggestion.

Done well at uni and obviously already knows his way round forthbank....

3 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

James Fowler would be a good option. Did alright with Queens. He missed out the Clyde job to McCall so imagine he'd be interested.

And he still lives in Stirling so he would see that as a bonus.

He has been our manager before, but I feel like it was only an interim thing for a few games. My mind has gone blank on his time here - it wasn't very long

28 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

James Fowler would be a good option. Did alright with Queens. He missed out the Clyde job to McCall so imagine he'd be interested.

He was caretaker after Stuart McLaren from memory and was offered the job but knocked it back to become Assistant Manager to Jack Ross at St.mIrren. Has worked in both the Management, Coaching and Administration side of the game, so could be a good shout.

Bartley......please god no!! Danny Lennon....hhhmmmmm, still lives around Cumbernauld I believe from a Sportsound episode I heard awhile back, but not for me.

Stevie Aitken and Tiff Aitken was a shout before Darren Young got the job, this had the backing of a number of fans and one that interested me, has since failed at East Kilbride but is it a shout?? Or even Tiff himself, I believe he applied for the Stenny job when Swift was sacked.

40 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

He’s just got a job in the Rangers academy recently I think.

From what I heard it was a sacking. If that's the case, I would hope the board had a list of potential replacements in mind given the results, particularly most recently.

52 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Oh please no.. Chris Geddes certainly a left field interesting suggestion.

Done well at uni and obviously already knows his way round forthbank....

Would depend on what he could combine with his current employment I suppose but interesting though.

3 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

He’s just got a job in the Rangers academy recently I think.

Not sure that matters, I'm sure Peter MacDonald worked within the Rangers academy whilst playing for us and Dale Carrick is a youth coach at Hearts. When Stuart McLaren was Manager, he worked for Edusport, as did Barry Ferguson and Colin Cameron when they were at Kelty and Cowdenbeath, Edusport were a Lowland League side at the time.

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Not sure that matters, I'm sure Peter MacDonald worked within the Rangers academy whilst playing for us and Dale Carrick is a youth coach at Hearts. When Stuart McLaren was Manager, he worked for Edusport, as did Barry Ferguson and Colin Cameron when they were at Kelty and Cowdenbeath, Edusport were a Lowland League side at the time.

His job title on LinkedIn is “Head of Academy Scouting and Recruitment”. I’d guess he’d therefore be full time and making more money than he could managing Stirling part time.

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

after the season you went through, that's just cruel......

Aye but it wasn't Bartley's fault we were so shite. If every at Stirling just LISTENED to him he'd have you back in L1 easily. 

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

I know you've been relegated so the season was a failure but if this is a sacking and not him leaving then that's  embarrassing.

Or they can't afford to keep him.