Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, especially if you've got to get past the receptionist first.

True, but that's how the doctor before the one that's just gone was recruited.

1 hour ago, Red Watch said:

For a start they might consider commenting on who they believe leaked to a faceless hack at the Record and what they propose to do about it.

And why they leaked it in minute detail few people people could know?

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

I've said what happened.  They thought they had an experienced manager in the bag and they didn't.  There was nothing left to do but revert to the applicants when the bag went pop.  If people don't believe that I'm fine with it.

I believe you. I know you're not at liberty to say who but would he be about 59 and first initial J? 😃

4 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

In hindsight, I think that was actually a bullet dodged. 

Interesting mate…..next time I see you I’ll genuinely ask why.

Has the name of the said experienced manager appeared anywhere?  Was this before they advertised the job widely or did the said individual show his face as a consequence of the advert? 

Just now, SA45 said:

I believe you. I know you're not at liberty to say who but would he be about 59 and first initial J? 😃

No, his name didn’t start with J. What I would say @Red Watch, is that the club should speak to people away from Forthbank, you never know who is standing around The Peak car park when they are inviting people in for a chat……maybe there’s a few fans still standing around, still waiting to take Eddie Ferns up on his offer 😂😂

Has the name of the said experienced manager appeared anywhere?  Was this before they advertised the job widely or did the said individual show his face as a consequence of the advert? 

The experienced manager took the decision to step away.....why.... we don't get the truth so it is pretty pointless, it's not happening 100% now..... so hence the haste for a cover up in recruiting the 74 yr old Jimmy Bone & Jeffries to work through the remit with a few lines in relation to experience, big picture, building, in other words stalling tactics to dangle something in front of us...only to come up with Tiff who didn't fit the remit in any way...so the shambolic retaction gets us back to here !!!

Still no statement from the club....another leak this time around Maybury...well of course that's going to be obvious...but would or will he actually even consider it 🤔  he might have seen it as dodging a bullet with this board...club officials... trust...& gutless chairman 

Added to today another departure...Cammy Clark...find out surprise surprise via his own social media account 

The deafening silence of our club...lack of class in regards to our players & our supporters of OUR club.... they are a disgrace...7 players...no manager or backroom staff...no doctor...not even a kitman.... zero confidence...they need to be questioned into accountability...care of duty...responsibility....fit for purpose..... 

Which they ain't on any level as it shows.... change is needed...we are in real desperate trouble here & only going one way....spiralling to the lowland league.... not good enough....this can't go on any longer 

10 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I am at liberty to say, because he's obviously out of the frame  now.  Here's a nice big clue you won't believe and I won't blame you one bit.

No longer in stock to add to cart.

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/campbell-s-condensed-soup-cream-of-chicken-300g-274655

Posted (edited)

Hence why Derek Gaston signed blindly without a manager in place....thinking/told his old gaffer Dick Campbell & bro Pink were on the way 

It's as simple as that...

So Dick changed track & stayed with East Fife 

One thing for sure is we will never know why....this board tells us nothing ...after all it's only OUR club 

Edited by Beepee67

Just now, Beepee67 said:

Hence why Derek Gaston signed blindly without a manager in place....thinking/told his old gaffer Dick Campbell & bro Pink were on the way 

It's as simple as that...

So Dick changed track & went to East Fife 

One thing for sure is we will never know why....this board tells us nothing ...after all it's only OUR club 

He was already at East Fife Beepee, that's why it would have been totally wrong of me to name who they were trying to land.  In fairness they were trying to land somebody who fitted the criteria. It just didn't happen.  After that it descended into rookie reality and farce.

3 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

@WC Boggs can we operate as a club without a doctor 🤔 

I wouldn't think so 

Would that also effect our bronze level 

No we can't operate without a doctor, so they need to get on that sharpish.

I don't know enough about the second question to answer that.

Just now, WC Boggs said:

No we can't operate without a doctor, so they need to get on that sharpish.

I don't know enough about the second question to answer that.

It just gets worse 

Just now, Beepee67 said:

It just gets worse 

God I hope not.  Ironically the worst thing that could happen next would be the board doing a resignation runner, rather than man up. It's their mess, they'll have to fix it.

This is getting farcical now.  From reading on here it would appear that you have more than a manager to sort out.  I enjoyed our away days at Stirling last season though, and I hope you get something sorted soon.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

So you tried to pinch the Campbells' from us ? 

Thanks guys ! Relieved they turned you down.

I don’t know. Maybe we did try, maybe we didn’t, maybe WC has a direct line to the brothers, maybe he has a direct line into the club office. Whichever way it is in the absence of any official word rumours abound, speculation flourishes and 2 + 2 equals any number but 4.

One piece of good news for the club out of all this, it’s said that any publicity is good publicity.

Edited by AlbionMan

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

I don’t know. Maybe we did try, maybe we didn’t, maybe WC has a direct line to the brothers, maybe he has a direct line into the club office. Whichever way it is in the absence of any official word rumours abound, speculation flourishes and 2 + 2 equals any number but 4.

One piece of good news for the club out of all this, it’s said that any publicity is good publicity.

I have met Dick and Iain in the past.  A big fan of theirs.  Clubs try to lure other club's manager's all the time. It's normal practice and I don't have a problem with them doing it, or keeping quiet about it. I'd have done the same.  I  like to think I would be  less ruthless in clearing the way for a longshot.  With all the flak our rulers are taking over appointing someone not even close to the criteria they laid down, the smart move would be to admit how they did try to recruit a manager who fully met that criteria.  These people aren't smart though.

Talking about ruthlessness, I'm more concerned about the press leak prior to any announcement of the decision to hire Tiff.  A leak of such detail that only someone on the ratification committees, or the selection committee could have leaked it. But who? More to the point why?

Not anybody on the exec board. They were too desperate to get a manager in for a stunt like that. Very hard to believe it was anybody on the selection panel.  That just leaves the trust board. Now who on there has always lambasted the signing of rookie managers. A track record of running to the press when he couldn't get his way.  Who is vigorously opposed to hiring managers based on them being former Bino players and there is not just the who, but WHY?  Somebody who wanted to stir up a negative reaction, before an official announcement was made.  Somebody who succeeded in that and got his way.  Who might that be Albion man?  How well is your direct line working these days? Or are you too busy slagging off your former colleagues from the shadows..

Any publicity is good publicity? No matter how humiliating or indicative of chaos?  An interesting perspective that one.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

Although firmly in the “Darren Young shouldn’t have been sacked” camp, I think we move on from it and I’m happy with the Maybury appointment. He has an impressive playing and coaching CV and did an excellent job with Edinburgh, and I remember being surprised when he left there.

Welcome to the club Alan, look forward to seeing who he signs and where he takes us.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Although firmly in the “Darren Young shouldn’t have been sacked” camp, I think we move on from it and I’m happy with the Maybury appointment. He has an impressive playing and coaching CV and did an excellent job with Edinburgh, and I remember being surprised when he left there.

Welcome to the club Alan, look forward to seeing who he signs and where he takes us.

Somebody's got to do it.  Nothing against him criteria met or not.  Feel sorry for the guy inheriting a clown show's mess to clear up.