Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

2 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Why do we have a 3 man board with one in exile? Boards should have at least 5 members but 2 of ours are alsoi on the Trust Board as well. I've seen J McA at games but is RC? RC the IT expert, and our website stills shows DY as manager! Maybe the players have left for a reason? P McLean/Carrick would have been better than this shite.

Bud there's too much history to go into to answer most of that and I'm not going to piss everybody off by dredging it all back up.  This is the world we have to live in now, but you don't have to like it and I certainly don't.

I really hoped that relegation would be the low point of the year but it appears we find new depths to plumb.

Outstanding effort from the board. Didn't think they could top the DY sacking without a plan but they've got and done it.

Most tinpot club in the league

Bravo

8 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Bud there's too much history to go into to answer most of that and I'm not going to piss everybody off by dredging it all back up.  This is the world we have to live in now, but you don't have to like it and I certainly don't.

Agree, I find in most walks of life boards make the wrong decisions. I won't be renewing season ticket in a million years. It's our club but we are also consumers and have a right to attend or not. First home game is Raith, 13th July - possible attendance 352. Let the "board" know what you think in person or not.

When you consider the way things have gone in the past month, and the fact that most fans just want someone in place to start building the squad, the idea that we have attempted to bring in an inexperienced manager from 3 tiers below because we like who he’ll bring with him on his coaching staff, only to backtrack on the offer once he’s resigned from his current post is laughable. And that is with supposed expert Jimmy Bone on our interview panel. 

Just over 12 months ago, we were league champions, everything was amazing, rekindled the love for the club. 

It just peak Albion that it's dwindled back to this utter clusterfuck 

1 minute ago, SA45 said:

Agree, I find in most walks of life boards make the wrong decisions. I won't be renewing season ticket in a million years. It's our club but we are also consumers and have a right to attend or not. First home game is Raith, 13th July - possible attendance 352. Let the "board" know what you think in person or not.

I'd never suggest withholding funds as a means of protest. As you said, it's our club and hurting it more to get at them isn't something I'd do.  They aren't worth that to me.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

You’ll be glad that he hasn’t joined you.

I'm happy enough. He's an absolute legend from his time as a player here, and I fear he would have tarnished this had he came. How it's been handled is the real issue here. 

Edited by StewartyMac

Just now, iveajimmyboneon said:

Think Stirling may have dodged a bullet counting Aitken’s reign at Kilwinning has been far from successful.

Irony of your username is that Jimmy Bone is part of the selection panel choosing our next manager 

2 minutes ago, iveajimmyboneon said:

Think Stirling may have dodged a bullet counting Aitken’s reign at Kilwinning has been far from successful.

Maybe so, but Tiff shouldn't have caught a bullet the way he has.  

11 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I'd never suggest withholding funds as a means of protest. As you said, it's our club and hurting it more to get at them isn't something I'd do.  They aren't worth that to me.  

Protest can be done in different ways - I'll be more selective this season and won't endorse poor decisions. I was at every home game and most away's last season and seeing certain club officials fannying about pretending they knew what they were doing was an eye opener. To appoint then recede appointing a lowly WOS manager after advertising for a manager with a proven track record suggests they are way out of their depth.

The next/future manager has to deal with these clowns - why would anyone take the job?

1 minute ago, SA45 said:

Protest can be done in different ways - I'll be more selective this season and won't endorse poor decisions. I was at every home game and most away's last season and seeing certain club officials fannying about pretending they knew what they were doing was an eye opener. To appoint then recede appointing a lowly WOS manager after advertising for a manager with a proven track record suggests they are way out of their depth.

The next/future manager has to deal with these clowns - why would anyone take the job?

Why indeed?  Since a big plan has once again blown up in their faces I can say this now.  They were trying to land a very experienced manager on the QT. In fact he's exactly 12 days younger than I am.  That has rather obviously blown up in their faces and he's knocked them back.  What we have just witnessed is the chaotic outcome of resultant panic.   They found themselves in the reality that we do not attract experienced successful managers, but reams of rookies and that's all they had to choose from.  Something Stuart Brown had to face again and again.  So they went for the ex player the fans liked option, hoping the fans would welcome that. They didn't and collapsed into total brain fart mode.   Life's just full of disappointments.

5 minutes ago, SA45 said:

@SA45 i endured a full season home and away apart from 2 games & it was soul destroying at times, but i kept faith, positive beyond positive only to see us falling out the division with a whimper...absolutely shattered me...took a break from things . Then the carnage started back up..the deafening silence from the elected board, clueless club officials, trust board... thought it would all go away...sacked the gaffer & assistant...physio,,doc,,kitman,, then players announced leaving by there own accounts...all this time the club still remain silent apart from advertising for new manager, credentials set out with SPFL experience to guide us through in line with club's ambitions.... led by Jim Jeffries & Jimmy Bone who i questioned & got slaughtered by a certain MrBeeno for not reading the club statement...oh really...well how do you look now....but I'm not into gloating. .opinion is good 👍 

But once the club was brought into question the actions & silence they send out a nickname goodbye to departing champion winning squad ..very very poor effort 

I took advice ..kept myself quiet while developing stories in regards to new manager Chris Aitken by Jimmy Bone approval & boom 💥 that's gone belly up too 🙈

Questions need asked & integrity of our club has hit a new low....its OUR club,, we are in serious trouble here & people need to be accountable, clearly out of their depth... something has to change .... it isn't a good look.... haste to get rid of DY with absolutely nothing in place or mind going forward.  Now also no squad & we are moving into June 

9 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

@SA45🙈

Questions need asked & integrity of our club has hit a new low....its OUR club,, we are in serious trouble here & people need to be accountable, clearly out of their depth... something has to change .... it isn't a good look.... haste to get rid of DY with absolutely nothing in place or mind going forward.  Now also no squad & we are moving into June 

Something was definitely going on behind the scenes - there was a real drop off and the last few months felt inevitable. The Annan game had our best home crowd for years, then one of our worst performances at Dumbarton on a cowfield with players arguing and hacking, fans shouting for DY to go then the Dumbarton return game played like a friendly.

Elgin, Peterhead and Stranraer next season no chance of going there Beepee. I managed everywhere apart from Annan, Dumfries and Cove. Going to Hamilton and getting thumped (twice) was like visiting 1980s Eastern Europe. Or Bonnyrigg....

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Something was definitely going on behind the scenes - there was a real drop off and the last few months felt inevitable. The Annan game had our best home crowd for years, then one of our worst performances at Dumbarton on a cowfield with players arguing and hacking, fans shouting for DY to go then the Dumbarton return game played like a friendly.

Elgin, Peterhead and Stranraer next season no chance of going there Beepee. I managed everywhere apart from Annan, Dumfries and Cove. Going to Hamilton and getting thumped (twice) was like visiting 1980s Eastern Europe. Or Bonnyrigg....

Tell me about it 20 goals shipped against Hamilton & Falkirk combined away from home...5-0 on each occasion, wasn't fun witnessing every single one of those goals...which in truth played a massive part in our inferior goal difference...also the calamities away at Annan & Cove

Like yourself i can't handle Stranraer,Elgin or Peter fekkin heed next year... I can just about do Forfar for the banter & a decent bridie 

But most importantly is what's going to change...this board has made an absolute joke of this situation..a real mess..from DY being dismissed...failed behind the scenes planning...panic interviews...player unrest...still no manager...the utter shambolic situation in relation to Chris Aitken...yes then no...all played out in the media & tabloid press...we are so far off it...I keep saying it...deep trouble with this useless board steering us to the lowland league...we need to act quickly