St Mirren European Tour 2024

Lex

Absolutely. Brann were in control for most of that game, their players started being arseholes and got a boot in the baws. They'll probably still go through, but get it up them for all that shite tonight 

Edited by ford prefect

1 hour ago, brannfakkel said:

Shouldn’t St Mirren do fair play right before the goal there? 

If the goalie hadn’t pretended he was injured we would certainly have given the ball back. Instead he dived even though there was no contact and got our player booked. 

Just now, Doonhame Buddie said:

If the goalie hadn’t pretended he was injured we would certainly have given the ball back. Instead he dived even though there was no contact and got our player booked. 

Now Olusanya is suspended for the away leg.

A tough watch for long spells with Brann shifting it about for fun and us chasing shadows. It felt like they literally wanted to walk to the ball into the net and paid the price for it at the end when they were fannying about with timewasting tactics. We were very poor when we got the ball tonight it just invited pressure. That said we hung in there with some last ditch defending and some brilliant goalkeeping.

I have to say Brann were VERY tidy and to salvage a draw was a great result. 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Goal from the Main Stand

It’s real composure from Scott there, following up two great assists at the weekend.

Many if not most strikers at our level lash at that and stick it over the bar or wide. Real awareness and selflessness to pull it back for the tap in. 

Brann were a joy to watch at times. As good a side as I’ve seen in a long time.

As for our goal, if your own player goes down faking cramp and your own goalkeeper puts the ball out in the final seconds of a European tie,  yeah you’re not getting that ball back.

f**k that. Just stop falling down for no reason.

Brann flattered to deceive. 

Huge pressure, intricate, efficient ball retention, but…

…they were scared to shoot!

wonderfully close passing and understanding of each other’s positions, but,…

…they were scared to shoot.  Right into the six yard area.  Pointlessly skillful,  dribbly manoeuvres.

Saints defended well - as they’ve been doing for a season or two.

sounds daft, but I was relaxed with Saints (as so often since Robinson took over) just sitting back and absorbing the ineffective forward play from Brann.

slightly disappointed with our forwards not holding onto the ball (and making better use of it), but. I have little fear of the match in Bergen.

Brann’s passing and movement was as crisp as any side I’ve seen against us, would’ve been enjoyable against literally any other team. Had we been 4 down at half time it wouldn’t have flattered them, but Balcombe is starting to resemble a brick wall between the sticks.

They should’ve seen the game out, but the feigning injury from their keeper added an edge to the game, then the cramp… only Rooney would’ve had the balls to own that, and he was clearly pointing out why to the Brann players when they confronted him. Build the guy a statue now!

Equaliser was absolute robbery, but delighted for the Scott/Olusanya combo - with Toy out next week, Scott’s the closest we have to a replacement.

All I asked for tonight was that we were still in the tie - can’t see us winning in Bergen, but at least we’re in it. And this side keep defying the odds…

What a minter from their horrible little goalkeeper.

I kept a close eye on him after the final whistle and he had more than a few terse conversations with players of both sides before he left the park, whilst being consoled by one of the Brann backroom guys.

At least he's not suspended for next week like Olusanya is due to the c**t's cheating.

Be vastly superior, then ship a late equaliser as a result of completely unnecessarily play acting and time wasting, then cry about the Corinthian spirit afterwards, instead of having a word with yourselves? Do me a favour.

Brann are the best team I have seen at our stadium. Played us off the park. I counted six not just good but great saves from Balcombe. Half time they should have been winning 4-1.

We were rotten. Ayunga and Mandron were pitiful and all we did was lump high balls to them that came straight back. However Scott and Toyosi made a big difference. Hopefully they are now our two starting forwards.

Final result was robbery but I'll take it.

Also not sure that Toyosi is suspended in Bergen - I have him at two bookings, but it’s three before a suspension kicks in according to UEFA’s competition rules.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Really ugly, and I'm not talking about the wee Paisley Buddies.
Not giving the ball back is unacceptable. A complete lack of sportsmanship of which there is no justification.

Hopefully it fires up Brann who run out winners by 3 or 4 goals in the 2nd leg.

No mention of your players twice diving to try and win penalties.Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

To be that far ahead in most areas of the game but still only one goal ahead was absolutely mental. The only thing that could have made that equaliser better would have been if the goalie had put it in his own net. A horrible wee rat.

How to win friends & influence people - Part 1/2

Got to say that this bullshit about fair play is something I've never agreed with. Too open to the opposition feigning injury. If it's a head knock or looks serious, then the ref stops the game. Any other situation then play on.

Good luck in the return but I think you might be getting pumped. Hope not. I also hope that the game last night took a fair bit out of your players. 😉