Clyde FC Season 24/25

Don't know much about him but it sounds like it's one of those signings that could go either way. He's played a reasonable amount of football, at a higher level, for his age, but seems to have had some injury problems. Overall, on paper, it's a signing I don't mind taking a bit of a gamble on. Wouldn't fall into 'nailed on starter' for me but you have think  hope he'll have a bit more about him than the likes of Euan Cameron did and, as such, offer us something at this level.

I think he's been injured a lot and not kicked on, was certainly a talented player when he originally broke through. I can say for a fact that he'll be better than Cameron, C. Scullion, Mulvanny etc.

Once again, it's another player who I've heard of and that's been a theme with nearly all of our signings since McCall came in. Transfers aren't an exact science but it makes such a difference signing players who have a bit of pedigree.

You'd imagine Maitland will have a fair idea of his ability as well.

Looks like a decent squad getting put together indeed. I seem to recall he was quite fancied at one point, hopefully that can emerge again, but I am prepared to be corrected by any well versed Accies fans 

Posted (edited)

Currently Signed for 24/25

Goalkeepers

Brian Kinnear, Jay Kennedy

Defenders

Lee Hamilton, Jordan Houston, Craig Howie, Ross Lyon, Logan Dunachie

Peter Grant (free to leave), Josh McCulloch (free to leave)

Midfielders

Robbie Leitch, Barry Cuddihy, Ray Grant, Darren Hynes, Liam Scullion, Marley Redfern

Forwards

Kyle Connell, Martin Rennie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Hamilton - Howie - Lyon -

- Cuddihy - Grant - 

- Leitch - Redfern - Scullion -

- Connell - 

Subs: Kennedy, Dunachie, Hynes, Rennie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking decent so far, especially so early. We obviously need a left back and another striker and then non-diddies (solid L2 players) to be able to come in when we inevitably start carrying injuries.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

It’s great to have a half decent squad so early in pre season, hopefully a couple to come , then with McCall’s contacts surely we can get a couple of decent loans in, and be challenging at the top end of the league this year.

52 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Robbie Leitch, Barry Cuddihy, Ray Grant, Darren Hynes, Liam Scullion, Marley Redfern

Forwards

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Grant - 

- Connell - 

Subs: Kennedy, Dunachie, Hynes, Rennie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking decent so far, especially so early. We obviously need a left back and another striker and then non-diddies (solid L2 players) to be able to come in when we inevitably start carrying injuries.

McKay and Docherty signed too.

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Robbie Leitch, Barry Cuddihy, Ray Grant, Darren Hynes, Dominic Docherty, Paul McKay, Liam Scullion, Marley Redfern

Forwards

- Kinnear -

- Docherty - Grant - 

- Connell - 

Subs: Kennedy, Dunachie, Cuddihy, McKay, Hynes, Rennie

Still stands that I think we need a striker and a left back, but we're looking very healthy indeed at this point.

Another encouraging sign along with signing players that actually have some pedigree is our squad is already looking quite flexible if we want to use 2 or 3 different formations when it suits. A left sided player in the mould of Houston (that can play both LB in a 4 and LWB in a 3/5) should be the next priority. 

Edited by CM.

Being greedy I’d be hoping/ expecting a LB certainly, a CM either dominant or really creative, another proven Striker. 
I know probably easier said than done despite decent budget, attracting real quality players to L2 is likely difficult.  
Very slightly concerned to many similar midfield players. Sounds like I’m moaning, I’m not, we are night and day from last season. 

41 minutes ago, CM. said:

Another encouraging sign along with signing players that actually have some pedigree is our squad is already looking quite flexible if we want to use 2 or 3 different formations when it suits. A left sided player in the mould of Houston (that can play both LB in a 4 and LWB in a 3/5) should be the next priority. 

Lee Hamilton often did this in his younger days with us, in fact he was a Left Back that was moved to Centre Back initially.

6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Lee Hamilton often did this in his younger days with us, in fact he was a Left Back that was moved to Centre Back initially.

I think the focus will be on keeping him at centre half for 90 mins every game, and probably as club captain. He was utterly dominant in the closing stages of the season.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

he would be decent, I would think we would also be in for Stephen Hendrie, worked under McCall at thistle. Surely worth a try.

That’s a great shout. He’s quickly been dropping down the full time levels and you’d think at 29 he’d still have the quality to play in League 2 but be looking to move part time and establish a career outside of playing football.

A bit of a Jason Naismith type, but let’s hope he doesn’t drop down to JB or even EK.

If we brought in Stephen Hendrie and Jordan Allan, you’d probably need to peel me off the ceiling.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

I think we still need a bit more height. We will be a decent team in open play but we will be below average in both boxes at set pieces.

I was a bit surprised that McCall didn't try to sign Darren Brownlie (a player he seems to admire once describing him as best centre half in the league). Only 30 and recently joined Cumnock. Clyde have more than enough centre halfs? 

21 minutes ago, Walter said:

I was a bit surprised that McCall didn't try to sign Darren Brownlie (a player he seems to admire once describing him as best centre half in the league). Only 30 and recently joined Cumnock. Clyde have more than enough centre halfs? 

We have four centre halves in Dunachie, Hamilton, Howie and McKay all of whom were wither here or in early doors so it is a position we’re probably sorted in already.