Clyde FC Season 24/25

It’ll be Tony the Tiger next. Hopefully that’ll be the end of the midfielders and we can try signing a left-back and another few forward players. It’s a strong looking midfield though, it must be said. @David W will be delighted as Lyon passes the 6ft barrier!

I do think he’ll consider Scullion more as an attacking/wide player which might take care of one of those vacancies in the squad. Could still do with the LB, the third forward and a bit of pace. I wonder if we might be getting into the loan market for at least two of those additions now.

I really liked Darren Lyon. Never let you down. Very unspectacular though and you’ll probably never notice him too much, that was a plus point in our team last season cause we were so poor. Also with the incredible amount of injuries we had he filled in at left back, right back and centre midfield. He’s just very meh but in a good way. 

Just now, Replays said:

It’ll be Tony the Tiger next. Hopefully that’ll be the end of the midfielders and we can try signing a left-back and another few forward players. It’s a strong looking midfield though, it must be said. @David W will be delighted as Lyon passes the 6ft barrier!

He actually seemed quite average and never really stood out for being bigger and I don’t think the 6 foot things accurate. Maybe it is though.

4 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I do think he’ll consider Scullion more as an attacking/wide player which might take care of one of those vacancies in the squad. Could still do with the LB, the third forward and a bit of pace. I wonder if we might be getting into the loan market for at least two of those additions now.

Played there a fair bit and his engine made it work fine I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised. 

Sorely tempted to nip down to Palmerston next week out of curiosity for our shape now despite that rendering me a zombie the next day in work. 

23 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Did someone not say earlier in the thread that Ian McCall loves playing centre mids all over the place? Looks like we’re following that blueprint.

You can't ever have enough depth in there; it doesn't matter who your centre halves are if teams are strolling down the middle of the pitch.

For the first time, Barry Cuddihy might not actually be in our best eleven. Which is fantastic, as he's a great player at this level. We can stick Grant-Docherty-Leitch out one week and if they're rubbish, bring in McKay-Cuddihy-Lyon the week after. Phenomenal.

Signing players who have actually played games of football before will never catch on.

It does make you question why Hynes was every re-signed though? I actually think he's just about an acceptable player at this level, but he must be about 7th choice in the middle of the park and 4th choice at right-back.

7 minutes ago, Replays said:

It does make you question why Hynes was every re-signed though? I actually think he's just about an acceptable player at this level, but he must be about 7th choice in the middle of the park and 4th choice at right-back.

Thinking about it, it was probably just so we could use the picture of him with the inflatable golf club to advertise the golf day.

13 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Give me a left back or Jordan Allan, do not give me Cammy Ballantyne

Allan I think will leave us but it would probably be better if he left us permanently rather than a loan it might free up some funds to bring another body in. He'll probably want to stay full time though which may hamper a return to you lot and he's still got a year left on his contract.