Clyde FC Season 24/25

Sounds like Jimmy Choo has been reincarnated.

Havent seen enough of D Lyon, Docherty to know if they will be better on not than Grant and Cuddihy but at the end of the day it isn’t our choice who gets picked

As said by someone earlier what we need is someone creative in midfield who can open up a defence or go past a couple of players with the ball.  Hopefully one of the loan positions will sort this out but they are difficult to find so might not be possible 

I am sure that when the league season starts Lyon will just be mainly used as a bench player coming in for the last 20 mins of games or starting where others are injured/suspended.  He will be perfectly fine for this.  

7 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Havent seen enough of D Lyon, Docherty to know if they will be better on not than Grant and Cuddihy but at the end of the day it isn’t our choice who gets picked

As said by someone earlier what we need is someone creative in midfield who can open up a defence or go past a couple of players with the ball.  Hopefully one of the loan positions will sort this out but they are difficult to find so might not be possible 

I am sure that when the league season starts Lyon will just be mainly used as a bench player coming in for the last 20 mins of games or starting where others are injured/suspended.  He will be perfectly fine for this.  

He made enough errors in the first 10 minutes on Saturday to suggest strongly he will absolutely not be "perfectly fine for this". 

Anyone with a different opinion to the masses immediately gets the JC treatment........ baaaaaaaaaaaa

8 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Jimmy's strike rate of 100% is a massive compliment. Thank you! 

18 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Jimmy's strike rate of 100% is a massive compliment. Thank you! 

I won't respond of that tube Carrigan will accuse me of having conversations with myself.....oh go on....JC's strike rate was not 100% - he stated we would go down to Lowland League - pretty accurate on most other stuff though.

13 hours ago, HaleyReinhart said:

In one window, these guys have went from starters, to being huge drop off back ups to guys that, on paper, are amongst the best options for these positions in the league. 

Do you want us to have 2 first choice options of that level for every position? Regardless of the money being spent that is completely unreasonable. Even bloody Celtic have a chasm between first and second choice right back. 

What happens if Booth gets injured at Spartans? Peggie at East Fife? Or even Armstrong at Peterhead? They all either have no back up or a huge drop off too. 

We've put together a great squad for this level and are yet to use the loan market. Can't fathom not being excited or finding reasons to be raging at guys already.  

East fife have Liam newton 

Ross Lyon is an ok backup full back for League 2. If he has to step in, the quality throughout the rest of the park should see us over the line.

Absolutely bizarre that these diddies want us to be Italy in 2006.

If we don’t go up this season and Ross Lyon is solely responsible, you’ll have our apologies.

Still plenty to be positive about . We could have set up like Montrose did and just defended the whole game. If anything we were too open. From the first minute it was obvious that Motherwell knew where our weaknesses lay. Ball up the left side with alarming regularity and lucky we weren't dead and buried first fifteen minutes. McCall changed it at half time in fairness but pattern still continued first ten minutes or so second half. Mind in the 4 0 defeat Dumbarton doing exactly the same thing. Happened regularly in recent years and hopefully Robson will solve the problem. If you're gonna play a right sided player or even a Mcniff who wasn't a recognised left back why not as I recall Danny Lennon did in a home game  v Falkirk or Raith I think  putting Ally Love In front of Mcniff and protecting him to some extent. McCall could have done that on Saturday and would have offered some protection. Still happy with the signings and we won't be playing a team anywhere near that standard. 

Couple of observations whilst avoiding naming any individual player

1. Speed of counter attack - when they retrieved the ball they attacked at pace both through the middle and with full backs pushing on. That stretched us on numerous occasions and each of their players seemed to know what their role was in that scenario. Clearly fitness plays a part  when playing like that, but I would like to see us do it more when we play teams at our level as we have players on the bench who are of a similar standard and can be brought on when players are tired.

2. Shooting- on three or four occasions we passed when in  the box and the chance was gone- be braver.

3. Ball retention - we played the ball around at the back and in midfield without any real penetration on several occasions, but again, we need to be braver going forward with wingers/wing-backs prepared to try and get to the last 20 yards quickly. If we are going to use Dunnachie up front then he needs service. If he gets it he will score goals regularly. The one thing I thought on Saturday was were we keeping possession to try and give people a breather for a minute or two as it was a hard shift for a few?

Keen to see how the first 4 games goes... 

4 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Couple of observations whilst avoiding naming any individual player

1. Speed of counter attack - when they retrieved the ball they attacked at pace both through the middle and with full backs pushing on. That stretched us on numerous occasions and each of their players seemed to know what their role was in that scenario. Clearly fitness plays a part  when playing like that, but I would like to see us do it more when we play teams at our level as we have players on the bench who are of a similar standard and can be brought on when players are tired.

2. Shooting- on three or four occasions we passed when in  the box and the chance was gone- be braver.

3. Ball retention - we played the ball around at the back and in midfield without any real penetration on several occasions, but again, we need to be braver going forward with wingers/wing-backs prepared to try and get to the last 20 yards quickly. If we are going to use Dunnachie up front then he needs service. If he gets it he will score goals regularly. The one thing I thought on Saturday was were we keeping possession to try and give people a breather for a minute or two as it was a hard shift for a few?

Keen to see how the first 4 games goes... 

At the end of the day you have to remember who were were up against.

Motherwell are a premier league team (ok not a great one) but they would probably win the championship at a canter.

They had better players than us man for man all over the park.

They were faster than us, could control the ball quicker, could pass it better and were physically stronger than us.  Thats what being better and play full time football gives you.

Montrose game will give us a realistic measure of where we are and wont really be until the first quarter of the season is gone that you can really gauge how things are going to go this season.

12 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Where’s best to park for Firhill tomorrow?

Used to park on Raeberry street when going into town and it's only a wee 10/15 minutes walk from Firhill. 

Definitely used to be free but can't say I've used it recently. 

19 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

will there ,be a stream tomorrow, ,???