Clyde FC Season 24/25

25 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

If DY has any sense he'll stay well clear of LOLClyde. What's left of that club needs punted into the lower depths never to be seen again.

Utterly bizarre. Did you get mugged by someone in a Clyde trackie or something?

3 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

If DY has any sense he'll stay well clear of LOLClyde. What's left of that club needs punted into the lower depths never to be seen again.

beware of fans from other teams offering advice

3 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

LOLClyde is up there challenging for the worst patter of all time on a Clyde thread. And that’s quite an achievement in itself.

4 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

If you try this again but say "LOLly Wee" instead you might get the up votes you were after, rather than smashing just two words together

3 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Following Clyde has been unbearable enough of late without that p***k pitching up. No thanks. 

He could sort oot the catering - fried chicken all round which couldn't be any worse than the current NDP fare?

44 minutes ago, SA45 said:

He could sort oot the catering - fried chicken all round which couldn't be any worse than the current NDP fare?

I think it's impossible to get worse than the fare at NDP. Easily worse than any other stadium. 

2 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I think it's impossible to get worse than the fare at NDP. Easily worse than any other stadium. 

Our catering expert compared it to drinking from a rusty radiator and the toilets being dangerously close to one of the kiosks. Forthbank pies seem to be top of the league, higher than our team anyway.

4 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Our catering expert compared it to drinking from a rusty radiator and the toilets being dangerously close to one of the kiosks. Forthbank pies seem to be top of the league, higher than our team anyway.

Was there for the Uni game last week. Can confirm the catering is excellent and the staff are far better than the usual squadron of sixteen year olds you get higher up the leagues.

18 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Good catering at the fitbaw is a dying art.

18 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Good catering at the fitbaw is a dying art.

Despite all our ups and downs on and off the park over the years the catering has been consistently decent.

Last season I experienced the horrors of NDP and Meadowbank.

Kelty was the only away day catering I remember being half decent.

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Despite all our ups and downs on and off the park over the years the catering has been consistently decent.

Last season I experienced the horrors of NDP and Meadowbank.

Kelty was the only away day catering I remember being half decent.

Kelty was decent, 7/10.  I didn't sample the Meadowbank kiosk this year but they had local kids selling home baking which was a novel touch if it wasn't in athletics stadium.

On 10/10/2024 at 10:20, The Moonster said:

Not been in here for a bit and we've got a homeless football clubs fans turning their nose up at a perfectly good stadium like Galabank and shouts of Ian Murray and Jack Ross reuniting their dream team of the Dumbarton Championship years, all while sitting 9th in LEAGUE TWO. Never change, lads. 

Galabank is a great day out and Annan have done really well to develop what is a rather restricted site into a very functional stadium for their level. But when Clyde are trying to find a venue for a new long term stadium, I don't think it's a crazy shout at all to suggest they should aim for something that allows for development down both sides of the park as a minimum. It would be a bit daft really to take on a restricted site (like Galabank is) for a new build stadium. Despite everything, Clyde still have decent potential to grow again if they ever do get a site in the right area and a half decent team on the park. 

Ian Murray and Jack Ross? Fair enough, that's a bit daft. 

2 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Galabank is a great day out and Annan have done really well to develop what is a rather restricted site into a very functional stadium for their level. But when Clyde are trying to find a venue for a new long term stadium, I don't think it's a crazy shout at all to suggest they should aim for something that allows for development down both sides of the park as a minimum. It would be a bit daft really to take on a restricted site (like Galabank is) for a new build stadium. Despite everything, Clyde still have decent potential to grow again if they ever do get a site in the right area and a half decent team on the park. 

Ian Murray and Jack Ross? Fair enough, that's a bit daft. 

It was more the comment of "shitty grounds like Galabank" that I had issue with. Galabank is a fine place to watch football. I take your point about growth but Clyde are currently apparently skint, can't win games despite spending big on players and management and are now on Plans X, Y and Z in regards to finding a new home. The words "beggars" and "choosers" come to mind.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It was more the comment of "shitty grounds like Galabank" that I had issue with. Galabank is a fine place to watch football. I take your point about growth but Clyde are currently apparently skint, can't win games despite spending big on players and management and are now on Plans X, Y and Z in regards to finding a new home. The words "beggars" and "choosers" come to mind.

Yeah that's a fair shout, "shitty grounds like Galabank" is a poor comment. And I also take your point about beggars not being choosers! But Clyde have to get the stadium right this time. Allowing for growth - at least being able to do something on both sides of the pitch as time goes on - should really be a minimum requirement. 

36 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Yeah that's a fair shout, "shitty grounds like Galabank" is a poor comment. And I also take your point about beggars not being choosers! But Clyde have to get the stadium right this time. Allowing for growth - at least being able to do something on both sides of the pitch as time goes on - should really be a minimum requirement. 

That’s far too reasonable an expectation for the club to deliver!