Clyde FC Season 24/25

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 15:30, Bearded Bully said:

Are you lot that f***ing miserable? Endless posts about how shit Clyde have been this season, the squad is poor. Lowland league amateurs with some of the terrible signings Duffy made last year.

AM has been a breath of fresh coming back to the club. A lot of positive changes already seen since his arrival with many more to come. He's asked for our support and to get behind them by putting your hands in your pockets and helping the club financially to bring in better players with the drive to succeed. (Not just players) If this means a couple of quid extra on a ticket then so be it. 

As I stated before many of the support if not most happily have a few pints before and after the game,  think nothing of it. Happy to line Willie Hills pockets every week and again think nothing of it. How much is a packet of fags nowadays? 

What's more important? We all have choices..

Most of ye's want success on the park and still get intae games for a tenner....

Everything else has went up in price, cost of living etc but when the ticket prices rise you lot are greeting like weans. 

Suck it up & support your club.... or don't 

We all have choices. 

This seems to be arguing against a point nobody has been making and missing the point others have actually been making. 

Unless I have missed a lot of posts, it looks like everyone saying the season ticket is fine and most people are buying one. People complaining about the pricing of a match day ticket, myself included, won't be impacted by it.

But the club needs to have a little incentive to get more supporters through the door and the £19 walk up is likely to put many off. The fag packet maths done previously suggest a couple of dozen extra supporters paying £17 would make up for the existing support paying £19.

I have typed this out and realised there's no point. It's just going round in circles, but I'm posting it anyway so the last 120 seconds of my life were not a complete waste.

Edited by PTR

I'm not arsed about missing out on Jack Leitch if we were indeed in for him, undoubtedly a fine player at this level and one who can play in a few roles but we've already got five players vying for three midfield spots in Cuddihy, R. Grant, R. Leitch, Docherty and McKay, with Hynes as a party piece and Scullion also able to play centrally in a pinch. If we were to bring in another central midfielder then it'd ideally be one that blows your socks off, or a forward-thinking one who can play wide/up front too. If we are taking P. Grant and McCulloch as personae non gratae then it's currently 16 signed, and probably 4 or 5 more to come in plus a warm body or two. Left back remains the big area of concern, but you'd imagine a couple of promising opportunities will come up between now and the start of the season.

13 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You have quoted the same posts of mine 3 times in the last 24 hours without me replying 

Why you so thirsty? 

It's warm where I live...got a drouth...plus I usually disagree with most of your posts....don't flatter yourself

12 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Jack Leitch to EK. Stirling fans were absolutely convinced he was going to Dumbarton, and I would have liked to have him at Clyde.

Big mates with Simon Ferry though so it was always on the cards.

BC blocks anyone he doesn't like engaging with to try and assert dominance......throws out conspiracy theories when two posters are on the same wavelength but differ from him that they are one and the same person....clearly there can't be two people who disagree with this know all, ay least in his tiny mind, also, the same bloke who consistently abused the Glasgow Branch over many subjects, quite aggressively too and when invited to meet the Branch Chairman to discuss their differences.........was posted missing.

What a guy!

On 08/06/2024 at 10:33, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Civil Service Strollers away in July will be a nice taster of what we could’ve had if we didn’t get shot of McLean and Duffy.

Nice bar at the ground

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Pre season starting tonight, seems a bit early but hopefully will help us get off to a good start. 

Elgin starting tonight as well!

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Pre season starting tonight, seems a bit early but hopefully will help us get off to a good start. 

Absolutely! Hopefully get some wee trialist teases too!

*Hopefully not Isaac Layne again

Edited by Brian Carrigan

10 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Absolutely! Hopefully get some wee trialist teases too!

*Hopefully not Isaac Layne again

*Carlos Lyon.

The last time we were this organised during the summer (signings, friendlies, trips away) Barry Ferguson was in charge.