Clyde FC Season 24/25

14 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

The second best loan of my lifetime after Adam Proudlock.

Was going to say what about Karim Kercher but think he was a free agent when he played with us?

Definitely the best debut have ever seen in my time (think was against Ross County and Alex Smith?) followed a close 2nd by Proudlock.

If only we had kept Proudlock that season for his full loan period what could have been rather than him being recalled back to Wolves and going nowhere for the rest of his career.

25 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Was going to say what about Karim Kercher but think he was a free agent when he played with us?

Definitely the best debut have ever seen in my time (think was against Ross County and Alex Smith?) followed a close 2nd by Proudlock.

If only we had kept Proudlock that season for his full loan period what could have been rather than him being recalled back to Wolves and going nowhere for the rest of his career.

Issue was that he went nowhere because he couldn’t behave himself but what a player he was. 

55 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

rather than him being recalled back to Wolves and going nowhere for the rest of his career.

He ended up playing over 200 times across the English Championship, League One and League Two after he left us.

I'm not sure a full season with Clyde in the old first division would have propelled him further, but who knows!

7 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

Day of training with no contract extensions or new signings? 10th place beckons I'm afraid.

🚨DISCLAIMER🚨: This is a joke. I don't actually think we'll sign at least two guys a week until the start of the season.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

GTF the only reason McCall has stayed is because we have offered him loads of cash. If we sign the right players with our large(ish) budget we can win L2. In no particular order I see the top 4 being us, Peterhead, Stirling, EF

Untwist your knickers.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

.. we can win L2. In no particular order I see the top 4 being us, Peterhead, Stirling, EF

I’m feeling confident about the way the club’s organised just now, and a top four finish is absolutely achievable, but the division could be tighter than you think. Spartans and Peterhead are solid clubs who’ll have the same core playing staff that took them into this year’s play-offs and Dick Campbell will attract an improved squad to East Fife. Also expect Stirling to be near the top if they recruit a decent manager and keep the players who won the division two years ago.

There’s also a surprise package somewhere with the other five teams. New managers at Elgin and Bonnyrigg could build something, Edinburgh will be a completely new club, Stranraer could be on an upward bounce (am I stretching that too far?) and Forfar are historically better than bottom feeders.

We’ve kept the best players from the second half of last season, so if the incoming signings improve competition for places, we should be looking to win the division. But Ian McCall said top four is the sensible target, and I’d take that after the JD induced calamity that was 23/24.

Edited by The Woolly Bee

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

The photo of the next signing has apparently been leaked...

_99903262_kipre.jpg

I’ve genuinely never been felt a greater gap between my expectations when he signed, compared to his actual performances on the pitch.

10 hours ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

someone make up a transfer rumour plz

Aaron Wilford, Marc McCusker, Dan Kirkup and Mickael Marsiglia all spotted in Nandos in Hamilton. Overheard doing a sweep on what month Cuddihy will get his customary long-term injury and also LOLing at EK and Mick Kennedy losing the promotion playoff.