Clyde FC Season 24/25

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s Andy Murdoch looked? 

Didn’t have a good game yesterday but nobody did. Generally looked pretty decent, although I don’t think the balance of the midfield is right, which isn’t his fault.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What’s maddest about all these comments is that I’ve not seen one person stick up for the team, McCall or the board - in person or online, anywhere. Not calling McCall “a f**king specky c**t” isn’t sticking up for him, you can be worried for the season and critical of his decision making without calling for him to get the tin tack right out the gate.

The start has been a shambles in many ways and I’m far from the managers biggest fan - in fact I’ve been pretty critical of him this season, but what I will say is that it’s maybe a wee bitty premature to give McCall the bullet after 5 league games. However, if we don’t win the 6th, I’ll be as hungry for blood as the rest of you.

East Fife were probably the worst team for us to play at this point, when the team is clearly lacking confidence and direction. It had pumping written all over it from the final whistle at Bonnyrigg last week. Now we have a bit of a reset, and if the issues aren’t addressed after the break then McCall’s future really has to be looked at.

I'm shocked and appalled- i agree. A sateliite must be out of sync somewhere.

The comments, however, aren't as "mad" as you differentiating between game 5 and game 6 so thirstily for blood. I don't know if clairvoyance triggers you, but it's not a gift that's necessary to predict the next two, five or ten steps this club manages to take. History might not repeat but it rhymes, etc. Damn near every 'good' thing you see or hear at any other club that this one has fallen into has resulted in disaster, some quicker than others. Highly rated managers, players from clubs not even in the same galaxy, return of experienced administrators (no, NOT that one), and an Andrew Carnegie figure to pay for it this time. Every other club carries such a person into the building on a f**kin golden Sedan chair.....

You don't need to call the manager or chairman a cock to show anger, but dismissing those who do helps leave us all looking like them when we're back at the bottom scrambling for relevance. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s Andy Murdoch looked? 

To put in my two cents, he’s clearly a great player and a level above his current league but as has been pointed out he’s not being used correctly.

McCall is currently playing him in a “double pivot” (boak) with Raymond Grant, and they’re too similar. Imho he looks like he needs a more driving midfielder in there with him (Liam Scullion, for example) that wants to get a wee bit higher, or an out-and-out defensive midfielder in there (Claude Makelele, for example) to allow him to push on. I think if McCall can balance the midfield correctly he looks like he can run the league, but at the moment him and Grant are currently just occupying the same space.

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I mean if it looks like pish and smells like pish, it’s probably Jimmy Choo in disguise. You can’t blame me.

You're a f**king clown that talks pish . I do blame you . See you in fan zone at Edinburgh game nah course not. Coward personified.

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Well one of the two outgoing Board members, the Vice Chair no less, has undermined Allan Maitland massively with a derogatory comment.

Not very professional or dignified Hebs.

”I’m off so I’ll drop a grenade”- pretty poor form in truth.

Aye, that's been noticed as we've risen this morning. 

We could have done with that when Paul Pettigrew resigned from the site location sub-group, the only one of them i'd trust for the truth. Maybe VCs aren't held to NDA's. 

Does seem an odd thing to say after Maitland's apparent growing admiration for John Alexander, a highly-trusted individual among all current board members and club volunteers on nearly every task, led AM to re-deploy him despite allegedly not having a clue who he was just six months ago. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Aye, that's been noticed as we've risen this morning. 

We could have done with that when Paul Pettigrew resigned from the site location sub-group, the only one of them i'd trust for the truth. Maybe VCs aren't held to NDA's. 

Does seem an odd thing to say after Maitland's apparent growing admiration for John Alexander, a highly-trusted individual among all current board members and club volunteers on nearly every task, led AM to re-deploy him despite allegedly not having a clue who he was just six months ago. 

What was the comment?

33 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Allan Maitland..........

image.jpeg.73a18f64c1566b4369f24d5dd8737696.jpeg

2 agreements with 2 oddities in 24 hours....

I'm not quite sure what people thought Maitland was going to actually do. Structurally, the patter of 'change, change, change' wasn't and isn't consistent with the chain of command being explained in the latest tombola selections. Mr Carnegie now has two boardroom vetoes, three if you include the glowing testimonial provided by another, when we were told on headed notes post AGM that he was satisfied with just the one being allowed to see out his tenure with dignity. And AM isn't displaying signs of discomfort or displeasure at being told to do it. 

I'll credit Hebs with one thing, he WAS critical of Norrie and stood by it- is he taking this position on AM for similar reasons, or is there more than meets the eye- the FD is off as well.