Clyde FC Season 24/25

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Oh dear god- our vice chairman has resigned and is dropping major hints that all is not well upstairs and that directors need to take a good look at the situation. He’s also had a pop at Maitland the Messiah and funnily enough the FD has also resigned and the outgoing VC is threatening to tell all in the coming days and weeks. In any other business the fire alarms would be sounding very loud at things like this.

But, dear old BC sticks to picking his best 11, abusing fellow supporters and paranoiacally accusing people of having burner accounts and talking to themselves.

The Club is in safe hands eh?

I’d really like to discuss the issues at hand, however when I tried to find out what was said I was told I was actually trying to entrap people, the information was from privately sourced documents and I didn’t have the the clubs best interests at heart because I wasn’t an owner. 

Think the main issue is that not everyone here has all the information at hand others seem to and any attempt to get clued in is met with a weird aggression. Probably by people who want to stop the truth coming out and happy clap. 

That being said what’s left to discuss on this particular forum but on field matters if anything else is shot down and kept a secret. Hope you are taking the fight to those where this information is being made available RTC! The boardroom has been a boys club for far too long. Need some fresh faces in with fresh ideas. Been saying it for years but if falls on deaf ears.

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

I’d really like to discuss the issues at hand, however when I tried to find out what was said I was told I was actually trying to entrap people, the information was from privately sourced documents and I didn’t have the the clubs best interests at heart because I wasn’t an owner. 

Think the main issue is that not everyone here has all the information at hand others seem to and any attempt to get clued in is met with a weird aggression. Probably by people who want to stop the truth coming out and happy clap. 

That being said what’s left to discuss on this particular forum but on field matters if anything else is shot down and kept a secret. Hope you are taking the fight to those where this information is being made available RTC! The boardroom has been a boys club for far too long. Need some fresh faces in with fresh ideas. Been saying it for years but if falls on deaf ears.

I've spent years taking the fight to them...and have been banned from being an owner as a result.......how's that for a transparent all inclusive club? They were happy enough to take my money a few seasons ago to help the cause....decent money too. 

Any fresh people or fresh ideas usually fails when you know who gets his claws in....it will never change until he's away sadly.

The information is available on the Owners forum - so it will cost you £60, or like me, maybe a friend could show you.

I'd suggest there's loads on here who are also Club owners and know exactly whats being posted by the outgoing VC -but are steering clear,  trust me this is quite significant.  Although I can, and others can allude to what's being said, it would not be appropriate to pop on here for people out-with the club to see.

Guess we need to see what transpires but it certainly looks or appears to be serious with two senior directors leaving and one of them  saying he's about to become a whistleblower.

52 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I've spent years taking the fight to them...and have been banned from being an owner as a result.......how's that for a transparent all inclusive club? They were happy enough to take my money a few seasons ago to help the cause....decent money too. 

Any fresh people or fresh ideas usually fails when you know who gets his claws in....it will never change until he's away sadly.

The information is available on the Owners forum - so it will cost you £60, or like me, maybe a friend could show you.

I'd suggest there's loads on here who are also Club owners and know exactly whats being posted by the outgoing VC -but are steering clear,  trust me this is quite significant.  Although I can, and others can allude to what's being said, it would not be appropriate to pop on here for people out-with the club to see.

Guess we need to see what transpires but it certainly looks or appears to be serious with two senior directors leaving and one of them  saying he's about to become a whistleblower.

You would struggle to see a club that has had 6 chairmen in the last 10 years and 3 of them still serving on the board of directors. Boardroom needs to be gutted and people put in place with the time and skills to take the team forward. Can’t have the same people around and be surprised things don’t change.

Iv seen the comment since it was posted, wasn’t quite the bombshell I was expecting but will still be interesting to see how it transpires and if any more details are made available. Maitland has only been in position for a few months but around the club a bit longer, maybe he has identified people and asked hard questions of them and they havent taken it well. Maybe he has been absolutely at it and a tyrant. Time will tell

Like I said can’t have the same people around the place and expect different  results, 2 huge positions now open on the board will be interested to see who fills them long term.

3 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You would struggle to see a club that has had 6 chairmen in the last 10 years and 3 of them still serving on the board of directors. Boardroom needs to be gutted and people put in place with the time and skills to take the team forward. Can’t have the same people around and be surprised things don’t change.

Iv seen the comment since it was posted, wasn’t quite the bombshell I was expecting but will still be interesting to see how it transpires and if any more details are made available. Maitland has only been in position for a few months but around the club a bit longer, maybe he has identified people and asked hard questions of them and they havent taken it well. Maybe he has been absolutely at it and a tyrant. Time will tell

Like I said can’t have the same people around the place and expect different  results, 2 huge positions now open on the board will be interested to see who fills them long term.

why don't you have a go

7 hours ago, TheClyde1877 said:

Not to state the obvious but this thread is already an utter abomination & it's only just September. Head-losses of epic proportions, folk using burner accounts to reply to their other burner accounts. 

Deary me. 

We should take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure…

7 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I think maybe our best 11 looks something like:

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Redfern - Connell - Connelly -

- Allan -

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of Darren Lyon. I think Murdoch and Grant are too similar to be playing together in centre midfield, and I don't fancy Scullion as a wide midfielder. 

Agree with virtually all of this. Scullion I think is acceptable on the right but never the left. 

Also on past seasons Houston starts every week but he's really struggled for us so far! Hope that sorts itself out soon whenever he is back! 

5 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

see if you jimmy choo harry Paterson and the kunt fae Sheffield can do Bettter

Jesus Christ man. 

Why is everyone so aggro? Maybe the thread needs locked for a wee bit if you can’t post without folk raging wanting to have a go.

8 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Maybe he’s completely blown the budget already and his rallying cry from ST sales and other income have fallen short and the finances are in a mess- maybe maybe maybe- until McPherson’s whistle starts we can only guess- but this does not sound like a storm in a tea cup.

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Maybe he’s completely blown the budget already and his rallying cry from ST sales and other income have fallen short and the finances are in a mess- maybe maybe maybe- until McPherson’s whistle starts we can only guess- but this does not sound like a storm in a tea cup.

I've asked on the os if any budget left no reply as yet. It would appear it's budget related but we can only guess until Hebs and AM issue a statement. 

15 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

A shite weekend for the mighty Queen's but a wee visit here convinces me that it could be worse. You lads really don't like each other much.

It has taken us years to perfect the art of being a figure of fun in the Scottish Football League, despite the competition from teams like Falkirk and Dunfermline.