Clyde FC Season 24/25

I grew up five minutes along the road from Alexandra Park so know the area well. 

I would be absolutely astounded if permission was ever granted to build a stadium there. There's a primary school right beside the pitch, it's bang in the middle of a residential area and it sits on a fairly busy thoroughfare from the east end to the city centre. That is ignoring the fact that the proposed spot is nowhere near big enough to accomodate a stadium; it's an astroturf pitch with a bit of fencing. I'm staggered that anyone thinks it is a viable option.

31 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I realise every club has different ways of managing things, but I find this mindset that anyone sharing details about what's going on at boardroom level is somehow being a grass or undermining the club extremely weird.

If you've got a six-figure hole in your budget, surely that's something fans not just should know but have to know? How can the fanbase contribute to efforts to do something about it if they aren't aware? Secrecy is the worst thing possible in that scenario.

The stuff in question has been reported to club members. By design, it is not supposed to be spread openly. It's slightly fantastical to expect it not to be spread, but that's the expectation.

However, your general point is correct. Far too much information comes under the banner of "members only" when the club should be looking to communicate to all supporters.

Of course, there have been certain individuals who have hidden under the excuse of "it might end up on P&B", when they actually have no intention of communicating anything.

3 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

I grew up five minutes along the road from Alexandra Park so know the area well. 

I would be absolutely astounded if permission was ever granted to build a stadium there. There's a primary school right beside the pitch, it's bang in the middle of a residential area and it sits on a fairly busy thoroughfare from the east end to the city centre. That is ignoring the fact that the proposed spot is nowhere near big enough to accomodate a stadium; it's an astroturf pitch with a bit of fencing. I'm staggered that anyone thinks it is a viable option.

i live round the corner and can back up every bit of this. 

there is no room there for a stadium on the site and there never will be. 

there's far too many immovable obstacles like schools and main roads.

7 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Your a grass and your a freeloader - Just wanted to reconfirm you weren't indeed a member on the forum but feel its relevant to share information you haven't even paid for "again" & not to expect players to read this and naturally worry , Don't come out with anything else to try and back up your actions. Its off the scale when the club have always said the door is open for 1 2 1 meetings and so for any supporters to ask questions and get answers that aren't members

Now run along 

FFs it's "you're".

Paid for? I doubt you'd believe what I've put in financially...whilst you boast about £60 quid a year.

I'd happily pay the £60 to be an owner, but I'm banned as well you know, because I have the courage of my convictions to criticise a Board which we are now being told by the Ex Vice Chair and Head of Governance is at risk of insolvency....ooops that just slipped out, natural for a grass I suppose.

Leave this to the adults you clown.

6 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

The thing I find annoying about RTC's posts, and have now blocked them for, is they are always cryptic and suggest at something but never address anything directly.

As you've said, important to blow the whistle but if you know something then just come out with it.

Could be wrong as well but I think it was a 60k gap in the finances? Certainly not pocket change but not six figures either, if true.

Oh boo hoo

6 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

The thing I find annoying about RTC's posts, and have now blocked them for, is they are always cryptic and suggest at something but never address anything directly.

As you've said, important to blow the whistle but if you know something then just come out with it.

Could be wrong as well but I think it was a 60k gap in the finances? Certainly not pocket change but not six figures either, if true.

Maybe the idea behind 'cryptic' wording is to give other people in the know, the chance to address whatever matter it is being discussed, truthfully and openly. One person's word against another, especially when people talk to other individuals and companies involved with the club who have a different version of events (be it sponsorship, players, relocations, checking on the wellbeing of the guy responsible for the club even existing right now etc, for starters) We're getting into our 15th year of this administrative body, and other than the  yearly admissions of being skint, this option has never once been taken up. Many fans have simply buggered off rather than get involved, and i've not met one who misses or regrets it. 

The club's been one bad winter away from a pile of letters behind the door throughout this entire 'owner' period, and maybe it doesn't deserve to survive one. The club response to the latest fiasco is ethically and morally disgusting, in my view, and it absolutely 100% is a public interest subject. Yes people in the game will talk- they talked enough among themselves to bump up a right few wages of that shambles of a squad- but it won't be the first time players and staff were avoiding Clyde recently, the club were a laughing stock during the Diamond/Corr years, when Lennon's coaching team and basic training amenities were removed to fund those two peckers. 

And now it's Ally Parade. There'll be more people feeding the ducks than at the games.

I agree the space seems a bit small for a decent stadium to a layman like myself.

K Park in EK does not take up much space. Nor does Galabank. I hope to God the clubs intention is not to build something as shitty as those "stadia"

Maybe there are creative ways to fit a decent stadium into the available space. That's a problem for the architect. I'll await the plans before judging.

With regard to planning permission, surely the club must have indicated to the council their intention to build a stadium on the site. It's that not the point of the whole bloody exercise? 

Edited by haufdaft

I’d rather we owned a Galabank than rented a Broadwood or shared a NDP.

what are we really expecting? Our own version of the Excelsior (or whatever it’s called now), Almondvale or a SMISA. We cannae fill half of our half of the main stand at NDP so a Galabank would be ideal.

And we are never going to entice more than a handful of new supporters wherever we end up, so space for anything more than a minor expansion isn’t required.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

what are we really expecting? Our own version of the Excelsior (or whatever it’s called now), Almondvale or a SMISA. We cannae fill half of our half of the main stand at NDP so a Galabank would be ideal.

And we are never going to entice more than a handful of new supporters wherever we end up, so space for anything more than a minor expansion isn’t required.

If only Maitland had consulted you on crowd estimates before agreeing the budget.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I agree the space seems a bit small for a decent stadium to a layman like myself.

K Park in EK does not take up much space. Nor does Galabank. I hope to God the clubs intention is not to build something as shitty as those "stadia"

Maybe there are creative ways to fit a decent stadium into the available space. That's a problem for the architect. I'll await the plans before judging.

With regard to planning permission, surely the club must have indicated to the council their intention to build a stadium on the site. It's that not the point of the whole bloody exercise? 

Over the moon you got the plural of stadium right. 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Yep it Clyde couldn't make it work in Cumbernauld support wise there will never be another opportunity to build up your support again like that was. It will as you say be a few inquisitive souls..no other viable population bases without a senior team