Clyde FC Season 24/25

6 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

Lots of chat on McCall etc . Are you not wanting to move on and look to the future . 
Surely you must be down the line with a new manager appointment. Who’s favourite 

Absolutely but I think in order to improve you should first try to understand how/why it went wrong in the first place. Thankfully (and quite unbelievably) we have got rid of one of the major stumbling blocks to success in McCall. Further to that, we have managed to do so at a stage in the season where there is still something to play for so there is room for optimism in that if nothing else.

No idea who has applied for the job so can't comment on favourites. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if our board decide to take the cheap option and go for Scally. It's pretty unthinkable but stranger things have happened. If it does, I'm out. 

Edited by RutherGlen

37 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Absolutely but I think in order to improve you should first try to understand how/why it went wrong in the first place. Thankfully (and quite unbelievably) we have got rid of one of the major stumbling blocks to success in McCall. Further to that, we have managed to do so at a stage in the season where there is still something to play for so there is room for optimism in that if nothing else.

No idea who has applied for the job so can't comment on favourites. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if our board decide to take the cheap option and go for Scally. It's pretty unthinkable but stranger things have happened. If it does, I'm out. 

Don’t think McCall was ever the right fit . Arrogance off the scale and at PT level that doesn’t work . Think it needs fresh eyes so Scally wouldn’t make sense . Young seems to be a good option at this time . 

2 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

Don’t think McCall was ever the right fit . Arrogance off the scale and at PT level that doesn’t work . Think it needs fresh eyes so Scally wouldn’t make sense . Young seems to be a good option at this time . 

I agree but not sure whether we can afford him or if he'll even want the job at this stage! 

52 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Anyone who gives it "I'm not going back" is either talking shite or not a supporter in the first place.

Give us peace with that patter sunshine. Get behind your team.

48 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Anyone who gives it "I'm not going back" is either talking shite or not a supporter in the first place.

A few weeks break and we will all be crawling back and wondering why we keep doing it 90 minutes later.

35 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Why the hell should people continue to prop up a repeatedly failing administration, especially one so costly and negiligent of customer interaction/feedback? I don't even mean just Clyde at this point; Scottish football as a whole should be listed as a fetish, to exist purely for gratification of a fringe section of society. It's utter crap,and being slightly less shite than the next club is nothing to be happy about. 

If talking purely about individual clubs, no one beneath the Champ is having anything like a 'heyday' period, and the forecasts aren't great that any of them will for some time yet. There's a reason record crowds are all 70-80 years ago and it's not the fault of Sky or the Sony playstation. I'd say i'm 99% OUT already, i don't care what that makes me, i did my best to tolerate shite and it's simply not for me.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You go every week sunshine ? Clyde fans have put up with absolute shite for the best part of 20 years give or take the odd decent season. Yet still took about 300 to Stirling which isn't bad for a team that's bottom of the league.  Only to be met with yet more shite and a group of players clearly not giving a f**k. So to make such a generalised statement is  stupid at best.  I wouldn't blame anyone who witnessed that shitefest yesterday for not going back. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Anyone who would judge those who refuse to continue to be complicit in the destruction of their football club is either deliberately trying to be antagonist or a total idiot. Which is it?

1 hour ago, Shawfield78 said:

You go every week sunshine ? Clyde fans have put up with absolute shite for the best part of 20 years give or take the odd decent season. Yet still took about 300 to Stirling which isn't bad for a team that's bottom of the league.  Only to be met with yet more shite and a group of players clearly not giving a f**k. So to make such a generalised statement is  stupid at best.  I wouldn't blame anyone who witnessed that shitefest yesterday for not going back. 

But clearly you will go back. This is my point. It's just daft saying "I'm not going back" when it's not the case. It's frustration about the way things are going at the moment. Every Scottish lower division fan over the age of nine has been there..

Edited by Cosmic Joe

No club that is run by a totally incompetent board that seemingly does nothing right can hope to be successful. Short of getting in the right manager who can do a job in spite of this encumbrance we are going in only one direction.

We do have a far superior squad to this time last year but their mindset since the season began needs to be tackled by whoever comes in. I don't know what has gone wrong since the League Cup displays and can only hope the new boss gets them onside and they start taking some responsibility and professionalism in their craft.  I don't agree we have been hopeless for the last 10 or 20 years: It is much, much longer than that. We haven't had a meaningful presence since the early 1970s.

7 hours ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I loathe Ray Grant and his part in three seasons of utter shit and a queue of sacked managers. These are the two principal fanboy magnets of our idiot support.

Wow, not really sure where to start with this…

On the face of it, Darren Young has to be the obvious candidate to approach. The vacancy this time should be slightly more appealing than 11 months ago. As underperforming and spineless as this squad's 'efforts' have been, it's a far cry from the Lowland League squad of last season. 

My aim for the rest of the season would be for the club to get real. Find the best 11, then balance the squad in January if we're able to find anyone to offload to and see where we finish. I'm going like a broken record here, but the medium term goals for Clyde are survival and sustainability. Achieving that whilst a comfortable League Two club is fine. Then start making noises about promotion and lofty Championship ambitions. 

I try not to think about it, yet how absurd this situation is from Elgin to today, even from Thistle to today, truly boggles the mind.

Edited by PTR
Typo

9 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

But clearly you will go back. This is my point. It's just daft saying "I'm not going back" when it's not the case. It's frustration about the way things are going at the moment. Every Scottish lower division fan over the age of nine has been there..

At the moment lol try the best part of 20 years this season isn't a one off as far as Clyde are concerned it is worse in many ways mind due to a decent budget and players signed from higher leagues. Ask you again since you're preaching " do you go every week "?

58 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I'm all ears, to hear the defence of him. An absolute NPC of a shirt.

He just sits deep and makes himself available for the out ball which is pretty easy seeing as he's a few steps from the back 4 most of the time and the the oppo don't need to mark him - he plays short simple balls to retain possession all the time to make himself look decent but rarely plays a penetrating longish ball. He's not a great tackler, not great in the air and hardly speaks during a match......

7 hours ago, PTR said:

On the face of it, Darren Young has to be the obvious candidate to approach.

The fact that he was at the game on Saturday probably indicates that there is some interest from one, if not both sides. I think given his recent-ish promotions from the league, coupled with the fact he doesn't have a job (in football) and lives relatively locally, means he's the most obvious candidate for us.

Again though, he wasn't the only recently bulleted SPFL manager in attendance on Saturday and we don't know who has applied/been approached, so who knows! I think the 'keep McCall, bring in big name players, skoosh the league', whilst very exciting at first, has failed so spectacularly even our board can see that what we need is a manager than knows how to get out of this league, specifically.

59 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Why can Billy Davies not get a job in football. Surely he would be a good appointment for Clyde?

I think this is the time to take a safe choice, if it's available. 

Someone who knows part-time football and knows League 2. I'm happy to be corrected, though I have doubts Billy Davies' League 2 knowledge is what's needed here. I would much rather no thinking outside the box on this one.