Motherwell vs St Johnstone, Sunday 19 May

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

Levein's pre match press conference didn't do much to quell my fears about  motivation either. I got the impression he wasn't even sure if Ross County were at home or not. 

I watched it last night, that interview was an instant cure for any insomniacs out there.

Posted (edited)

Saints showed zero desire and fight against Ross Co when they could have keep themselves in the SPL with a win so today will be no different.I'll sure Theo Bair will be doing his best though!

A Motherwell at half canter would beat us right now.

Edited by saint in exile

26 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think County will drop points against Aberdeen, so the door will be wide open for us… it’s all about whether we can magic a win from somewhere given our recent form.

Pretty sure Aberdeen will beat Ross Co

I think the idea of focussing on anything beyond today is mental tbh. We've got a one game shootout against a team who are admittedly better than us, but who have no reason to go out and burst themselves today or put themselves in harm's way.

Ross County may well beat Aberdeen and render it moot, but a win for us has a very good chance of taking us out of the relegation equation completely. What happens beyond that is out of our hands.

I'd go:

Mitov

McGowan, Gordon, Considine, Keltjens

Wright, Phillips, M Smith, Carey

Sidibeh, Clark

Get the ball wide, get it into the box. Get an early goal.

COYS.

3 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Don't start the MJC and Steelboy pish on here. 

One we can build on then. A brave 0-1 defeat for motherwell 👏

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Spot on. 

Aye this for me.

The idea we can half arse it here then be flying for the next game is wild to me. We've barely been able to muster two good performances in a row never mind purposely killing the slither of momentum building by changing the entire thing and then firing from the start.

I'll be positive and say we'll play nice football at times and win 2-1.

This will include our usual calamity at the back because what's a clean sheet and Bair completing the redemption arc at the death.

On the one hand, we’re the AA of Scottish football, we get every other team back on the road.  Need a result?  Play us next - see the Hibees first game after emptying Montgomery, see also the Dons win at FP.  Possibly the same with the Saintees.

I’d love to see a finely poised 1-1 shitfest with Bair getting a last minute winner, but feel normal circumstance's will prevail and Saints will get a 1-0 win that’ll see them safe.

1 minute ago, MearnsWell said:

On the one hand, we’re the AA of Scottish football, we get every other team back on the road.  Need a result?  Play us next - see the Hibees first game after emptying Montgomery, see also the Dons win at FP.  Possibly the same with the Saintees.

I’d love to see a finely poised 1-1 shitfest with Bair getting a last minute winner, but feel normal circumstance's will prevail and Saints will get a 1-0 win that’ll see them safe.

Anything other than a Gretna-esque, win an end to end game thats going great for us, then heartbreaking 99th minutes news from Dingwall filters through...